[App Studio] *NEW* US Carrier Apps

Trevor Halsey

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
This app's purpose its to update or install apps of various American carriers. You can install apps for other carriers by using a proxy like Fiddler or BURP and modifying the URL with the following:
VZW-US (Verizon Wireless), ATT-US (AT&T), TMO-US (T-Mobile USA), null (some Sprint apps) if you are still holding off using WP8.0 GDR3.

If you need your device's current mo-id, open extras+info on your Nokia Lumia and press more info.

The source code is available if anyone wants it, but because it changes semi-frequently, its available on request.

Link to store:
US Carrier Apps

The V2 edition was completed on Christmas Day, 2013.
It was a revamp of the original that used links to the website to take you to the store.

The V2.1 edition was completed on March 23, 2014.
This includes a new app that Verizon released and I added images for all the apps that had a low res bullet.

I'll update this post with screenshots soon.

Last edited:

Trevor Halsey

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
The instructions below were for users who installed the app directly from the App Studio

Yeah I forgot to mention the in-between steps...
If you try to access it with a computer or tablet, it will prompt to sign up for an App Studio account.

All you need to do is access the certificate url, sign in with your Microsoft account, confirm the Microsoft corporate account and then download the app.
If you want to install other apps, you might need to either swap SIMs (that's been activated) with the destination carrier or use Fiddler like in the first post.

Last edited:

Trevor Halsey

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I've updated the app to V2.1, because Verizon launched a new ringtones+ringback app, and I went ahead and added images to the app instead of looking at those terrible low-res bullet points.

Please rate my app! I've only had TWO DOWNLOADS from the store since I had launched it, and the way publishing works I won't see any money for a long while.

Trevor Halsey

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Anyone??? Any recommendations? Am I the only one here who thinks the app is awkwardly named? I'm unable to track those who downloaded the app directly from App Studio, but at least there is a page listing updates!

Also if I can get a list of apps for carriers in the UK or a European country, I could build a new one that might be just as beneficial.

At the same time, I keep wondering if I should have a mod move this thread, because I don't think I'm doing this right....
EDIT: DONE!

Sent from my Lumia 928 (RM-860) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Trevor Halsey

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Originally when I published the app the price set at $0.99, because I had to go out and physically purchase a phone from each carrier to make the expansive list, but I changed it down the road because I was it as a lost cause.

I'm hoping to be able to get a hold of the SysApp dev to see if I could rebrand his app for mo's instead of oem's.

Sent from my Lumia 928 (RM-860) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Trevor Halsey

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone, just thought I'd pop my head back in. MS took the Desktop app down for TOS reasons... The app wouldn't work anyways all it tried to to is launch Zune. I've seen anywhere from 1 download per day to 3 recently. I have a total of 156 downloads and in 23 different countries, after all, a niche app is a niche app.

Oh, also a note, WiFi Calling only works on T-Mobile Phones (their Lumia 521 or the new 635) due to a things needing to be baked into the ROM.

I'll be updating the app, because AT&T added a new app, called AT&T Connect.
Ranking (downloads per country)

1. US has 106 downloads.
  2. India has 9 downloads.
  3. UK has 8 downloads.
  4. Poland has 6 downloads.
  5. Turkey has 3 downloads.
  6. Canada, China, Israel, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, and Spain all have 2 downloads.

Trevor Halsey

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Verizon added a new app that manages their online texting app for other devices installed on the HTC One M8 w/ Windows. Unfortunately I can't get the app-I'd off of it. When they push Cyan or just jump to Denim, it will probably be included in their update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720