Introducing Weather+ - the most advanced weather app on WP8 (with Google Now style voice commands)

baileystein

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.

Tiles look good in your link.

The only minor thing I can see is that there's no way to mix metric & imperial units eg to use both MPH for wind & MM for rainfall or have I missed that option.

That's correct. Currently you can use metric for everything (wind, rainfall, pressure), or imperial. Would you want metric for everything, but MPH for wind; or imperial for everything, but metric for rainfall/snowfall? Or something else?

SamiSaifDine

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
You guys saying that you prefer wp style than android, remember that Wp 9 will be inspired by android and there will be no more Metro UI ... just sayin ..

sp8y

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
That's correct. Currently you can use metric for everything (wind, rainfall, pressure), or imperial. Would you want metric for everything, but MPH for wind; or imperial for everything, but metric for rainfall/snowfall? Or something else?

The weather forecasts over here normally use a mix of metric & imperial depending upon the unit being shown for instance:

Wind speed - MPH
Rainfall/snow - MM
Pressure - MBars

It's only a small issue with the rainfall being in inches so if it's too much work to add the extra option in don't worry about - we used to use feet & inches in the UK a few years ago & some of us "oldies" still do for some measurements :smile:

baileystein

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
The weather forecasts over here normally use a mix of metric & imperial depending upon the unit being shown for instance:

Wind speed - MPH
Rainfall/snow - MM
Pressure - MBars

It's only a small issue with the rainfall being in inches so if it's too much work to add the extra option in don't worry about - we used to use feet & inches in the UK a few years ago & some of us "oldies" still do for some measurements :smile:

Ah, I will see what I can do. ;)

MJThib

Mar 1, 2007
Visit site
You guys saying that you prefer wp style than android, remember that Wp 9 will be inspired by android and there will be no more Metro UI ... just sayin ..
If WP9 really does copy the Android UI, then I will just switch back to Android. While I do not prefer Androids UI, why would I use a copy. Part of what I dislike about Android and iOS is the app drawers is that they remind me of Palm OS, which is a bit old school. One of the features that I have loved on Windows Phone is it's unique take on the UI.

GraemeT

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
baileystein,

Your app looks great. Don't suppose you're considering an aviation one, you know to get TAFs, METARs and the like. There aren't many good ones in the store. From the little I can see of your talents I'm sure you could produce a cracker. Limited market I know, but if it was stonkingly good and paid for only, you might do okay. I guess a lot might depend on how much code from Weather+ you could reuse or whether it would be a complete rewrite.

baileystein

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
baileystein,

Your app looks great. Don't suppose you're considering an aviation one, you know to get TAFs, METARs and the like. There aren't many good ones in the store. From the little I can see of your talents I'm sure you could produce a cracker. Limited market I know, but if it was stonkingly good and paid for only, you might do okay. I guess a lot might depend on how much code from Weather+ you could reuse or whether it would be a complete rewrite.

Thanks for the kind words! I currently have no plans on writing an Aviation Weather Center app. This is primarily because Weather Underground provides data worldwide, instead of being limited to the U.S. I will consider this as a future project, but I need to see Weather+ launch first. ;)

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
not to get of topic ...but ...what o.o? i haven't seen anything about that and i don't think msft is going to back off of the metro ui

Kris Simundson

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
App looks great. I personally prefer Bing Weather to any other weather app, however I'll be certainly buying yours just to support you supporting the platform. I'll let you know if it takes over as my main weather app ;)

Sent from my Yellow Nokia Lumia 1020

baileystein

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
App looks great. I personally prefer Bing Weather to any other weather app, however I'll be certainly buying yours just to support you supporting the platform. I'll let you know if it takes over as my main weather app ;)

I appreciate your support. Let me know if there is anything you want added in a future update. :)

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Just watched the wpcentral video preview, and I have a suggestion: home button. So many apps take multiple back press/swipes to get home, and the apps that do have a home button really stand out.

baileystein

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Any news on the release?

Sent from a Windows Phone!

There was a bug that affected a small percentage of users yesterday that caused the app to crash when launching. Because of this bug, Weather+ was pulled from the Windows Phone Store. The issue has been fixed and Weather+ will be re-published as soon as it is certified. Sorry about that!

Kris Simundson

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well my good man, I tried, I liked, and I bought. Good job on becoming my new weather app

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140115_0001.png
    wp_ss_20140115_0001.png
    410.2 KB · Views: 2

Kris Simundson

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
On another note I'd love to see lock screen weather from your app. That's the only reason I haven't uninstalled Bing Weather yet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750