I've been using Windows Phones for years now and finally decided that I should start coding for it. My first published app is called Plant Guide. So far, its features include:

* List of over 150 plants.
    * Quick link to WhatsThisPlant Subreddit (opens in IE).
    * Flashlight toggles.
    * Quick link to Here Maps page, where it will show your current location. This will allow you to quickly save your location, in case you ever stumble upon a unique flower or plant that you would like to revisit.

I'm already sitting on another update that includes another fifty plants. I've also already begun working on the identification guide, though it is a very arduous task.

Also, I'm going to apologize for the store icon. I am by no means a graphic designer and I didn't know what to expect when I submitted the icon. The app/tile icons on your physical phone are much better (easier, since I can use transparencies) and I've already submitted an updated store icon.

Try it out here for free!

Please let me know what you think either here or through the app (on the about page or through a prompt)! I believe this was a hole in the Windows Phone ecosystem that needed to be filled and (if I can ever get graphic design down) I plan on making this app very exhaustive and useful.
    01-08-2014 11:24 PM
    Thanks for bringing a new app to the attention of the members of WPCentral. This looks interesting and useful. Good luck with your app.
    01-08-2014 11:38 PM
    Thanks for the app! It looks good other than the icon which you mentioned! I love plants but not the most skilled at growing them so hopefully this will help! Keep up the good work :) thanks for supporting the windows phone community!!
    Judge_Daniel likes this.
    01-08-2014 11:44 PM
    I updated the store icon so that it is a little better (but still not ideal to me). I'm currently working on adding more plants and backgrounds. I think I may shake it up and leave the identification guide out of this app, just to keep the size of the app down. If nothing else, I think this app can be a pretty great hiking buddy. :) Any ideas?
    01-09-2014 09:08 PM
    That's a good idea too! It would help if you're a hiker. For me, all id need personally is some good info on plants like how to take care of them real well and troubleshooting problems with them
    Judge_Daniel likes this.
    01-13-2014 10:18 PM
    I think I'm going to make this one more focused on wild plants and hiking/camping. I've already started on another app that is more focused on gardening plants. In it, I'm going to have a list of different plants, their various cultivars (I already did apples and there were over 75 different kinds that I added), tips on how to grow them, and an almanac.

Also, a small update for Plant Guide has been certified and should be hitting the store in a few hours. It should fix some UI issues in the first release, add a few more plants, and it adds a link to the Arbor Day Foundation website, which has an amazing method of figuring out the name of the tree you are looking at.
    01-14-2014 12:34 PM