09-20-2014 01:17 AM
88 ... 234
tools
    I've answered you by email

But will post it here too.
    We do not have yest API to turn silent mode, only to set volume level. It is not the same as when you turn vibrate only by tapping in icon in volume bar
    Yes you did...my question should probably be then, "did WP really make it so the voicemail volume is NOT connected to call volume?"

It is still considered part of the "phone" function. Why is a phone call (or listening to/answering one) unaffected by turning the volume all the way down, but listening to a voicemail is?

Just trying to verify that it is a WP issue and not a Quiet Hours one as it seems so ridiculous that those two functions act separately. I'm assuming/hoping it is corrected in the 8.1 version.

Love the toggle feature...love the app...use it ten times a day.

Thanks!
    02-14-2014 05:03 AM
    .my question should probably be then, "did WP really make it so the voicemail volume is NOT connected to call volume?"
    I do not know. You should ask Windows Phone developers about it :)
    02-14-2014 10:27 AM
    Because smart forum administration decided to move this thread in this forum, which is not so popular, can someone open thread about this app in old forum so we can discuss it there? :)
    As I understand if someone made or works for the company who made app, opened thread, it will be moved here. But if thread started by other people it will be there.
    Splitting forums like that is just confusing people.
    02-15-2014 06:53 AM
    Because smart forum administration decided to move this thread in this forum, which is not so popular, can someone open thread about this app in old forum so we can discuss it there? :)
    As I understand if someone made or works for the company who made app, opened thread, it will be moved here. But if thread started by other people it will be there.
    Splitting forums like that is just confusing people.
    where exactly do you want us to start the new thread? Under Windows Phone 8?
    02-15-2014 07:05 AM
    Make an thread named like Quiet Hours Discussion here Windows Phone Apps - Windows Phone Central Forums
    02-15-2014 10:59 AM
    Would it be possible to stop the scheduler turning quiet mode on if it detects that it is currently playing audio (via headphone or Bluetooth or speaker)? I sometimes listen to a podcast or radio programme on catch up last thing at night and and QH cuts in when just for once it is inconvenient.

Ideally, I would like it to postpone the mode change until the next 30 minute background task cycle but if it means completely missing out that night then that would not be the end of the world.

Also, would it be possible for the live tile to show if quiet mode is currently on or off? I know you can tell from the presence / absence of the volume mute symbol but that means another finger swipe if just looking at the home screen ready to play some music for example.
    Last edited by gomezz; 03-01-2014 at 02:54 AM.
    03-01-2014 02:44 AM
    I am afraid that this wont work every time. App can detect if music is playing right now, but if an app plays sound file not through windows phone media library, it is impossible to detect
    03-01-2014 02:55 AM
    If there are any apps I use that don't play ball I can always hassle them to conform? The podcast app I use has a very helpful author and the other main one I use this way is BBC iPlayer. There is also Le Mans radio via TuneIn but I can live with manually restoring sound from that once a year.
    03-01-2014 03:02 AM
    Has anyone else had a problem with the scheduler spontaneously turning itself off? Is there some usage of the phone which will cause the scheduler to turn itself off? I do sometimes manually turn quiet mode off (using the start screen tile) then turn it back on again during the scheduled quiet mode period.
    04-12-2014 09:47 AM
    I have this behavior and unable to catch what is wrong :(
    This is Windows Phone who turns off scheduler, but there is no sign of any errors in exceptions report .

Still trying to find what cause it
    04-12-2014 10:35 AM
    Ah, Ok. Will report back if I see an apparent pattern.
    04-12-2014 11:00 AM
    Are there any plans to update this app to work with 8.1? Missing it and do not have Cortona in the UK which I understand provides similar functionality.
    09-18-2014 05:55 AM
    Are there any plans to update this app to work with 8.1? Missing it and do not have Cortona in the UK which I understand provides similar functionality.
    As Microsoft do not gives us new API we cannot implement support for WP8.1 yet. I think they just do not want other application to behave like Cortana's quite hours
    09-20-2014 01:17 AM
88 ... 234