Quiet Hours (aka Do No Disturb) now on Windows Phone!

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
While we are all waiting for upcoming Windows Phone 8.1 which supposed to have Quiet Hours (Do Not Disturb), here is an application which does near the same functionality on Windows Phone 8!
Quiet Hours | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Cannot say about you people, but "Do Not Disturb" is most awaited by me feature! I had it on iPhone, on Android, but not on Windows Phone! Everyday, before going to bed, I turni silent mode on! I hate when phone sounds at night :) And of course in the morning I have to turn silent mode off or I am going to miss emails, calls and so on.

Quiet Hours - Has ability to turn silent mode automatically for specific period of time. Also you can apply this mode manually from inside the application or by pinning toggle-tile to the main screen!

Application is free, but if you want to use Scheduler you should buy full version (0.99$).

donotdisturb.png01.png

Last edited:

Mark Surry

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Great find. Purchased the full version as the auto scheduler is a must for me. Should keep the wife happy as only last night i got told to turn my phone off after receiving a few emails just after midnight.

Jason Drum

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Woah, I was new to Windows Phone (and smarthphones) in May and I asked and asked about this and was told it wasn't possible to automatically change the sound settings. Thanks!

Al_2

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Awesome app. Nice job!

There is a typo in the app when you silence it, it says 'Quite' rather than 'Quiet' on the toast - same in the app under the time options.

Al_2

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Awesome app. Nice job!

There is a typo in the app when you silence it, it says 'Quite' rather than 'Quiet' on the toast - same in the app under the time options.

Ah an update fixed the typo :)

But now when I press the button it resets my system volume rather than silencing everything?

Al_2

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
The 'Apply now' tick box button, or the tile you can pin to start from within the app...pressing it sets the volume to the level I've set under 'After quiet hours set sound volume level to...' rather than silencing it. It says 'Normal mode activated' in the toast. I'd expect the button to activate quiet mode?

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
The 'Apply now' tick box button, or the tile you can pin to start from within the app...pressing it sets the volume to the level I've set under 'After quiet hours set sound volume level to...' rather than silencing it. It says 'Normal mode activated' in the toast. I'd expect the button to activate quiet mode?
Nope. It will activate mode according to you settings. So if now normal mode should be activated, it will be activated if you press apply button or toggle tile

Al_2

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Nope. It will activate mode according to you settings. So if now normal mode should be activated, it will be activated if you press apply button or toggle tile

Thanks for replying. I'm not sure I get this. My phone is currently on volume 8, and if I press the button or the tile it just says Normal Mode Activated when it's already on volume 8 (which is also what I set it to in the app). So in effect it doesn't do anything in this case? I don't get it (apologies if I'm missing the point!)

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
It just set what you asked app to set. This done for people who do not want to buy full version of application with scheduler and want to activate modes manually by tile or from inside the app

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Nice find. I'm guessing there's no API to toggle vibration or the functionality would already be there. A shame nonetheless.

Pretty buggy from what I can tell. Toggle tile doesn't work, and it saves a volume one lower than what you specified. So if you said bring volume to 1 after quiet hours, it will save that as 0 (which you can see when you restart the app).

jabba_29

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Purchased this yesterday, worked fine as background task.

Question though: why is it a system limitation to only check every 30 minutes when things like glance can change at designated times?

Feature request: would it be possible to change times like when you set times in calendar opposed to the slider mechanism that is currently available?

Sent from my Lumia 820 using Tapatalk

mmarksx19

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Can this set different volumes for different notifications?

For example, what I am really looking for is to have email sounds during the day at work, but not at night. I do need SMS and phone ringer at night though.
Any way to change specific volumes or even change the sound for email to none programatically?

Michael

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon