Quiet Hours (aka Do No Disturb) now on Windows Phone!

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
It seems that a lot of people complaining that toggle button doesnt work. Expected to switch between silent and normal mode instead of setting current mode.
So now I want to ask you people. Do you need this tile to be switch or just tile to apply current mode? Really appreciate your opinion.

Jarip

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I think that toggle does not work properly - it does not toggle between silent and normal mode, it is always silent mode for me (Lumia 1520) ....

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I think that toggle does not work properly - it does not toggle between silent and normal mode, it is always silent mode for me (Lumia 1520) ....

Because it was designed to be toggle , not switch. But in next release we changed behavior of this tile so it will switch between modes

dergutehirte

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I think its not really nice from you to want some money for the scheduling. This app using some not allowed api resource that you just could use with a trick. And it wasnt you that found this bug:

xda thread

So it seems to me you are just trying to get some money, for an API call that is official not supported and not too much people know about.

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
And what is a problem? I received no code from guy from XDA forum. I took his idea and I wrote about it when I first released an app with ability to lock phone from tile.

Microsoft failed to deliver us all what we want in Windows Phone. Why we cannot do their job if we can? Or you want to bring down everything what third party devs trying to do for WP ecosystem?

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
>Ray Adams
Thanks for your efforts.

Question, are the 'alarm' sounds also muted in 'silent mode'?
Reason I'm asking is that since ... "...background task can be run only once per 30 minutes, the scheduler won't be able to set Sound volume at exact point of time" ...it would seem that a scheduled reset to 'normal mode' or a manual use of toggle would need to occur at least 30 min (possibly a bit more) before a morning alarm wake-up setting in order to insure the wake-up alarm being heard. Just wondering.

Of course if the alarm sounds are uneffected by this app then this question is mute (no pun)
Thanks in advance for your response.

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Alarm won't be silenced. This is OS feature. Our application do not use some unknown methods to do its job. All API are valid and wont harm anything :)

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, sounds good. I' ll be giving it a go then. Also looks like the latest update has hit the MS Store....
Quiet Hours
v1.2.0.0
(1/14/14)
- Redesign
- Toggle tile now switch between silent and normal mode regardless of your scheduler times
- Apply button renamed to Test now, by pressing on in you can set current mode according to your scheduler settings
- Now you can set more precise time in 30 minutes step

Again thanks for your efforts and dedication to continued development of all your apps

dergutehirte

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
And what is a problem? I received no code from guy from XDA forum. I took his idea and I wrote about it when I first released an app with ability to lock phone from tile.

Microsoft failed to deliver us all what we want in Windows Phone. Why we cannot do their job if we can? Or you want to bring down everything what third party devs trying to do for WP ecosystem?

It has nothing to do, to bring down any third party dev. Its just the bad taste that you are taking money for such an app to get it full working. Sure your time etc etc... but in the case with this "workaround" behind, it has a bad taste to me :) For free it would be awesome, but with this feature to unlocked only by payment, seems to me like you are not trying to help the community but just to get some money. So your intentions in this seems to be not such a holy glory, thats all im talking about.

Al_2

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible to add different schedulers for different days? For example, during the week I'd like to have it come off quiet mode at 7am, but at the weekend I'd prefer to leave it silent until 9am.

Haigs

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
@Ray Adams
I am a big fan of your apps but i think i will pass on this one. Reason is i cant try the app before buying, i would prefer if you gave us a 2 days trial to test Quiet Hours instead of a demo with no use (to me at least).

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
It has nothing to do, to bring down any third party dev. Its just the bad taste that you are taking money for such an app to get it full working. Sure your time etc etc... but in the case with this "workaround" behind, it has a bad taste to me :) For free it would be awesome, but with this feature to unlocked only by payment, seems to me like you are not trying to help the community but just to get some money. So your intentions in this seems to be not such a holy glory, thats all im talking about.
That is your opinion. I am not asking money to set volume, only for scheduler! If you do not want it, you still can use app to trn off/on silent mode without paying. Whats the problem? I do not understand your point. Also what if I tell you that we received help from one of vendors on this one? Will change anything for you?

Location is not possible again because of windows phone restriction. To constantly monitor GPS your app have to be navigation like app. Without it App wont pass certification and besides of that it have to always in background and impact on battery.

And about trial mode for 2 days. Windows phone has no such ability to implement time trial apps.

Lee Ka Chun

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Will you consider including the ability to set multiple schedules? For me, it will be much flexible for us to be able to have different schedule on different day.

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
You know. I always like the idea of KeepItSimpleStupid (KISS) rate than Large Hadron Collider :)
But it could be possible in next major release.

Windowlino

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I think its not really nice from you to want some money for the scheduling. This app using some not allowed api resource that you just could use with a trick. And it wasn't you that found this bug:

xda thread

So it seems to me you are just trying to get some money, for an API call that is official not supported and not too much people know about.

Are you serious or is it some kind of ironie I don't understand?

Nobody is forcing you to buy or even use this app as nobody else is forced to do so. He is doing the most common thing anyone in business would do: using his time and using his KNOWLEDGE.

But if your concern is free of ironie, I'd really like to understand what it is about. What is the reason why this guy shouldn't be allowed to sell an App he wrote? I'm ok if you're are saying you'll not buy it for ANY reason, but what's wrong with his try to make some money?

dergutehirte

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
That is your opinion. I am not asking money to set volume, only for scheduler! If you do not want it, you still can use app to trn off/on silent mode without paying. Whats the problem? I do not understand your point. Also what if I tell you that we received help from one of vendors on this one? Will change anything for you?

Location is not possible again because of windows phone restriction. To constantly monitor GPS your app have to be navigation like app. Without it App wont pass certification and besides of that it have to always in background and impact on battery.

And about trial mode for 2 days. Windows phone has no such ability to implement time trial apps.

It changes nothing that you got help from any unknown vendor. And its still the bad taste that you want to have money, for an APP that could be stop working within the next update. It will be no Problem for Microsoft to fix this "workaround" or bug, whatever you would like to call it. So you still have the money and nobody could use your APP. And then your APP will be removed from store faster then you could watch. Thats the Point :)

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
It changes nothing that you got help from any unknown vendor. And its still the bad taste that you want to have money, for an APP that could be stop working within the next update. It will be no Problem for Microsoft to fix this "workaround" or bug, whatever you would like to call it. So you still have the money and nobody could use your APP. And then your APP will be removed from store faster then you could watch. Thats the Point :)

Oh, Stop it.
FYI its not a bug. Its an API that is not available to third party devs.
Why on earth everyone wants every app for free? Show support to our devs. They are the only one that we have at this point of time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss