Quiet Hours (aka Do No Disturb) now on Windows Phone!

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Love this as I have a contact who has a habit of sending texts out in the middle of the night!

One question: Does the the 30 minute volume reset check start counting from when you set and save the times? Or from when the phone was last rebooted? Or is it totally random? Just thinking that if I set and save the times just after the target time that it will be done then?

Or alternatively could this app be changed to restore normal volume when the next alarm fires?

Last edited:

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Love this as I have a contact who has a habit of sending texts out in the middle of the night!

One question: Does the the 30 minute volume reset check start counting from when you set and save the times? Or from when the phone was last rebooted? Or is it totally random? Just thinking that if I set and save the times just after the target time that it will be done then?

Or alternatively could this app be changed to restore normal volume when the next alarm fires?

Its up to Windows Phone when run task, cannot be controlled in any ways.

o0Nighthawk0o

May 15, 2013
Visit site
You know, this guy is spending his time and energy making and improving this app and answering questions here and actually listening to those using the app and you complain that he is charging a whole .99 for activate a scheduler?

I think I will go and get this app AND pay to activate the scheduler.

To the Dev, keep up the good work and keep listening to us end users.

o0Nighthawk0o

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Just to let others know, I did install and get the scheduler. This app works well. It set my quiet time exactly the way it is intended and set back to normal around the correct time. I also use another app called free talking alarm clock and this app did not interfere with it at all. My alarm sounded even though the phone was set to silent.

Good work on this and keep it up. I would like to make a request though and that is, is it possible to add different schedules? It would be great to be able to set my volume to different levels at certain times on certain days.

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Good work on this and keep it up. I would like to make a request though and that is, is it possible to add different schedules? It would be great to be able to set my volume to different levels at certain times on certain days.

Update with profiles per each weekday is just posted for certification :) Will be available later this day

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Is there a reason why it goes into quiet mode by turning the volume all the way down rather than just flicking silent mode on leaving the volume set to the user's preferred level? I occasionally like to listen to a radio programme late at night and now using this app means I have to turn the volume all the way back up then when I am done turn it all the way back down to allow the app to restore normal mode next day. If I could just flick the inbuilt silent mode off and on instead then that would be quicker and better.

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Fair enough. How about being able to manually toggle quiet mode off and on disregarding the schedule? That would be enough for it to earn a place pinned to my home screen.

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
There is no point pinning it to the home screen if there is no toggle in the app to manually override the schedule. As it stands you have to fiddle with the times to get it to change mode which is the kind of thing you only really want to do when setting it up and not for everday use.

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
There is no point pinning it to the home screen if there is no toggle in the app to manually override the schedule. As it stands you have to fiddle with the times to get it to change mode which is the kind of thing you only really want to do when setting it up and not for everday use.
I did not get it. What do you mean?
Toggle tile do what you want. Switch between silent and normal regardless of your scheduler settings

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Ah, hah! Didn't realise that was different to pinning the app the standard way. Thanks, that is exactly what I was after.

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Please be informed that 1.3 version has a bug with profiles. Fixed version just posted for review. If you want to use profiles, wait for version 1.3.1

jabba_29

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

If I pin this to start and click on the toggle, the toast notification doesn't go away. I have version 1.3.2 I think, but it happened previously too.
Is this a know issue / only me?

Is there anywhere to report these findings generally, or is it OK for you to post them here?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa