Beats Yo! Your New Drum Machine for Windows Phone 8

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Beats Yo!
v2.0.2.2

logo.png

Beats Yo! is the number one advanced drum machine and production centre for Windows Phone; geared towards both fun and creativity it's the perfect app to scratch that beatmaking itch!

Select a track and record 4 bars of your phattest beats triggering samples from the 16 provided pads; Beats Yo! will automatically loop allowing you to expand upon and manipulate your work in real time. Record these loops to sequences and then arrange into a banging track!

? 16 pads; just like your favourite Midi Controller
? Individual volume, pan, pitch and grouping controls for your pads
? Custom kits; build your own kit using samples from any of the kits you have purchased!
? 5 track recording; Beats Yo! gives you five banks to record loops to! Chop and change as it's playing to really mix it up.
? 5 sequences; make use of the 5 available sequences to create different variations of your beat.
? Song mode; arrange your sequences in song mode to create a track (up to 112 bars)!
? Adjustable BPM and Metronome to keep time!
? Three real-time quantize modes; correct those missed beats, or turn quantize off to keep it sounding natural!
? Ability to Save and Load your projects.
? Export your beat to WAV and save to your phones Media Library!*
? Transfer your WAV files to your PC by plugging in your phone and browsing to the 'Music\Beats Yo' folder**
? One free complete custom kit to get you going; more kits are available via in app purchases!
? Buy 4 kits to fully unlock all samples!

Beats Yo! is the tool; the only limit is your creativity!

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

*This means that you can play your beats via the phones Music App.

**Windows Phone renames the WAV files in the media library as MP3 for some reason.

Any feedback or questions, please hit me up on twitter! @iyae

Don't forget to follow the official Beats Yo! soundcloud at BeatsYoApp's sounds on SoundCloud - Hear the world’s sounds

2m7w937.png

DOWNLOAD HERE

Last edited:

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
No problem. Theres a new update rolling out soon that lets you choose a longer export for the WAV, and im working on a few additional features too to make it better (as long as my wife doesn't hound me to get off the laptop :p)

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Appreciated! Pad volume and grouping controls are coming (waiting to pass submission). I've almost done implementing custom kits too (using any of the sounds from purchased kits). Hopefully done and dusted with that update in the next few days.

WINDOW LOVIN

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Appreciated! Pad volume and grouping controls are coming (waiting to pass submission). I've almost done implementing custom kits too (using any of the sounds from purchased kits). Hopefully done and dusted with that update in the next few days.

Will you ever release a youtube tutorial on tips to making a beat on YO beats?

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Not yet. I'm trying to work on that and ill prob offer that functionality as an IAP; im new with the whole WAV conversion thing, kinda learning as i go thing so its proving difficult (as people can tend to load WAV samples with differing bitrates etc. It all needs to match or it wont render correctly). That being said i DEFINITELY want it in there (i use this myself so features i want will be going in!) just might take some time :p

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
But the next update (currently awaiting approval) will let you create custom kits using sounds from any of the other kits you have purchased.

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Submitted another update; this one has another 4 kits (so now there are 13 total). I've put a limit on 10 purchases before everything unlocks (current, and any future kits) cos a couple of die hards have smashed out all purchases already. Eager beavers. Next few updates will be more kits and im looking at adding a "song mode" where the 4 tracks can be organised to create a longer "song". Its an idea, I think I have it down in my head how it will be implemented; just hope it works! :p

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Just so you guys know whats coming, Im gonna be working on a "song mode" (I may call it something else) wherein after you have recorded your 5 tracks in the app, you can switch to song mode and arrange them in a sequencer. Itll be pretty straightforward, just tap the squares (which will represent the 4 bar loop for that track) where you want that track to play. This way you can arrange which tracks are playing where and build a song out of it.

I've drawn a pretty (in)accurate representation of what it will look like in some pro photo software (ms paint). It took a long time (30 seconds):

Untitled.png

Since this is a c# app and performance is a consideration, instead of a constantly moving pointer to show where in the song playback is, ill probably just show which set of 4 bars is playing by highlighting the cells are darker green like in that super awesome (lame) mockup above.

May add some form of mute automation too so you can set which parts of each track in the song timeline will mute. Not sure how long it will take me but thats in the pipeline.

Oh and i'll add more sample packs. So many sample packs. All the sample packs.

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
BnO-aJ4CQAEWLWA.jpg

Quick look at what I've been working on. You can now record up to 5 sequences. A sequence is basically what you could make before (4 bars of music using 5 tracks) but you can now create 5 variations. Kind of like how sequences on an MPC work. And like an MPC, the plan is to then order these "sequences" in the song mode (which I will be working on next).

For those still confused, you could create your "intro" sequence, maybe 2 sequences to use as a "verse" and maybe a "hook" sequence. They will be then ordered in the song mode and then you can export the wav file. Just trying to keep the ideas similar to a real MPC.

But first, im gonna fix that darn 1/32 quantize mode. I'm well aware it kinda sucks. This may mean old projects wont load (requires some big underlying changes to the way the songs are recorded) but let's see how I go.

Just wanted any users to know I haven't forgotten about this app. May need to create a "help" section with all these new changes though as long tutorials are no good. :p

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
So I decided to remove 1/32 quantize mode and replace it with an option to turn quantization off (I say off, it's really 1/128 which is still pretty insane accuracy. Most wont tell the difference) Makes for much better accuracy (which is what people go for using 1/32 anyway), without the anger that its moving your sounds where you didn't expect them.

Also expect song mode to be finished in the next week. :) so beats yo! V2, on its way soon!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion