TouchMe - Touching your desktop just got a whole lot easier

ybahman

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
There’s no question about it, touchscreens are awesome. But I don't think touchscreens are being used to their full potential, especially not on the desktop.
  • Dragging windows almost never works on the first try
  • There’s no easy way to switch between existing windows
  • Getting the touch keyboard to show up means hitting that tiny button on the task bar
  • Browser tab management/navigation is a pain
  • Etc…
I think these problems have an easy solution; provide some new gestures to make the desktop touch experience better. So I decided to take a whack at it.
And after 4 months of caffeine over doses, forgotten semicolons, and my touchscreen saying "not tonight honey, I’m too tired" I finally threw together TouchMe- an app that enables a slew of new gestures to make your life easier. And most importantly, it’s completely customizable.

Does it improve your Windows 8 experience? Try it out and let me know what you think!

TL;DR – want custom touchscreen gestures? Grab it here: TouchMe Gesture Studio app for Windows in the Windows Store

Last edited:

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Nice app.
How does the 'Trial' work? Looks like a month free trial then $4.99 to purchase? Is there a limited use(perhaps a limited gesture constraint?) after the Trial ends?
Again this app(and gesture engine) seems to expand greatly the user interface w/the w8 touch system. Thanks for your efforts

ybahman

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Nice app.
How does the 'Trial' work? Looks like a month free trial then $4.99 to purchase? Is there a limited use(perhaps a limited gesture constraint?) after the Trial ends?
Again this app(and gesture engine) seems to expand greatly the user interface w/the w8 touch system. Thanks for your efforts

You're welcome! Yes, there is a 2[SUP]5[/SUP] day trial and the full license costs 4.99. But after the trial is complete, I didn't want the app to be useless. So you can continue to use 3 gestures for free forever =]

ybahman

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Nice app.

Have you gotten a chance to try it out yet, what do you think?

pkcable

VR Expert
Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Ok i checked it out and its pretty fantastic! One of the things I really love on my iPad is the 5 finger app close and with your app I can do that on my Win tablet/laptop! I also love being able to swipe up or down my on screen keyboard, like on my PlayBook and BB10 devices! And while I probably could get by on those 3 gestures I probably will give you the 5 bucks just to promote good development! ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes