09-03-2014 07:33 AM
32 12
tools
    As some of you may know, I launched a game called VALA: Alpha a few days ago.
    Here is the WPCentral article on it: Save the world from rabid llamas in the new 3D shooter for Windows Phone | Windows Phone Central

The current game was launched without more powerups and weapons due to time constraints (wanted to get it into your hands!), but those are coming.
    I've also ordered a MOGA controller from Amazon and will add support as soon as that comes.

I'd like to find out what you guys think, and where it can be improved. Thanks people!
    Manu Tyagi likes this.
    02-10-2014 02:55 AM
    Thanks for supporting our platform by developing a new game. Good luck with it.
    02-10-2014 03:02 AM
    As some of you may know, I launched a game called VALA: Alpha a few days ago.
    Here is the WPCentral article on it: Save the world from rabid llamas in the new 3D shooter for Windows Phone | Windows Phone Central

The current game was launched without more powerups and weapons due to time constraints (wanted to get it into your hands!), but those are coming.
    I've also ordered a MOGA controller from Amazon and will add support as soon as that comes.

I'd like to find out what you guys think, and where it can be improved. Thanks people!
    Its always good to to see a dev looking for feedback.
    How much time would it take to add a level? More locations and a bunch of mini quests (like: kill 50 llama, last 5 mins etc) per level could add more replay value.
    02-10-2014 03:06 AM
    Its always good to to see a dev looking for feedback.
    How much time would it take to add a level? More locations and a bunch of mini quests (like: kill 50 llama, last 5 mins etc) per level could add more replay value.
    Adding levels takes quite a long time (as they're all custom and need to be very well tested and planned out) but we do have more layouts that we plan on making into new levels when possible.
    Nice idea with the quests. What about a "badge" system, where we list a bunch of badges and you need to try get them all?
    Manu Tyagi and KrisJoeEll like this.
    02-10-2014 03:18 AM
    Adding levels takes quite a long time (as they're all custom and need to be very well tested and planned out) but we do have more layouts that we plan on making into new levels when possible.
    Nice idea with the quests. What about a "badge" system, where we list a bunch of badges and you need to try get them all?
    Badges would be great. Also since the game offers never ending waves of llamas, why not consider boss llamas per world? (it comes after you kill 500 llamas and shoots lasers! :p)
    02-10-2014 04:22 AM
    Badges would be great. Also since the game offers never ending waves of llamas, why not consider boss llamas per world? (it comes after you kill 500 llamas and shoots lasers! :p)
    We did *kinda* put boss llamas. How far have you played? After just under 10 minutes of playing you will see red flaming "hell llamas". Those are really tricky because they do massive damage, are hard to kill, and move fast.

What do you think about a wave system where it would say "Wave 1" and then a bunch would come, and then there would be a break, and then "Wave 2" etc? A bit like Survival mode in GTA5.
    02-10-2014 04:32 AM
    Could you somehow introduce a campaign mode similar to halo:Spartan assault because your game play reminds me of halo:SA alot. :)
    02-10-2014 04:37 AM
    We did *kinda* put boss llamas. How far have you played? After just under 10 minutes of playing you will see red flaming "hell llamas". Those are really tricky because they do massive damage, are hard to kill, and move fast.

What do you think about a wave system where it would say "Wave 1" and then a bunch would come, and then there would be a break, and then "Wave 2" etc? A bit like Survival mode in GTA5.
    I haven't lasted enough in a single level to encounter the said 'hell llamas'. Am just jumping through levels now. And showing 'wave 1' 'wave 2' in a good idea. It could give the player a sense of direction and a feel of accomplishment after beating a wave.

Also when i meant boss, i meant a single opponent (no 'normal' llamas around), much bigger body size, and special attacks. Player will have to run around, dodge and strategically plan an attack while this behemoth llama is on their trail. (sorry for all this glibberish, i sometimes gets carried away :p)
    02-10-2014 04:41 AM
    Could you somehow introduce a campaign mode similar to halo:Spartan assault because your game play reminds me of halo:SA alot. :)
    This was the original plan, yes. And is still the long-term goal. We'd probably like to nail down gameplay in survival mode first.
    Yeah, it is a bit like that. I can assure you that we didn't borrow anything from them though - our original design documents were done way back in Jan 2013 :P
    02-10-2014 05:58 AM
    I haven't lasted enough in a single level to encounter the said 'hell llamas'. Am just jumping through levels now. And showing 'wave 1' 'wave 2' in a good idea. It could give the player a sense of direction and a feel of accomplishment after beating a wave.

Also when i meant boss, i meant a single opponent (no 'normal' llamas around), much bigger body size, and special attacks. Player will have to run around, dodge and strategically plan an attack while this behemoth llama is on their trail. (sorry for all this glibberish, i sometimes gets carried away :p)
    Keep trying :) Don't ever stop moving, don't go near corners, and build towers right at the beginning while only the weak llamas are attacking and it is easy to get energy.

Oh ok - yeah, I like the idea of having no other enemies around when the single boss comes. It will be a lot easier to implement that if we put in the "Wave 1", "wave 2" thing too.
    Thanks!
    KrisJoeEll likes this.
    02-10-2014 06:01 AM
    Keep trying :) Don't ever stop moving, don't go near corners, and build towers right at the beginning while only the weak llamas are attacking and it is easy to get energy.

Oh ok - yeah, I like the idea of having no other enemies around when the single boss comes. It will be a lot easier to implement that if we put in the "Wave 1", "wave 2" thing too.
    Thanks!
    Awesome! Very intrigued to find out how you'll implement these new features. Please post here if you have updated the game. Good Luck!
    02-10-2014 06:26 AM
    Did you guys think about making it xbox live? Incredible graphics, would be excellent better sound
    Constructive comment not another intention!
    Great job best wishes guys!
    02-10-2014 07:22 AM
    Did you guys think about making it xbox live? Incredible graphics, would be excellent better sound
    Constructive comment not another intention!
    Great job best wishes guys!
    Maybe we should mention it in uservoice. I would vote for it. It is a great game.
    02-10-2014 07:33 AM
    Whats uservoice?
    02-10-2014 07:44 AM
    Whats uservoice?
    It is a forum where wp users post ideas and hopefully Microsoft implements these ideas with the highest number of votes.
    Here is the link. Check it out :
    http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/fo...re-suggestions
    02-10-2014 07:49 AM
    Whats uservoice?
    New to wp?
    02-10-2014 08:00 AM
    Nice, i came from my xbox to WP in october, didnt see that, nice. But anyone the xbox live integration initiative doesnt comes first from the company that makes the game?
    02-10-2014 08:23 AM
    @marito caci
    Yeah, we need to make the sound better. The repeated shooting can become a bit monotonous. But it will get a lot better when we add the new weapons :)

Regarding Xbox Live support - It unfortunately isn't up to us. Microsoft controls that and makes special deals with the companies.
    I am trying to investigate how to get in touch with the right person, but I highly doubt it will ever be a XBL title considering that even some very recognized games are not.
    02-10-2014 09:06 AM
    I didnt play it this much but didnt find any ingame transactions, how are you guys supporting this proyect?
    02-10-2014 09:25 AM
    I didnt play it this much but didnt find any ingame transactions, how are you guys supporting this proyect?
    We did get funding from AppCampus (and they are awesome), but are now self-funding it. We may charge for features in future - but for now we just want to make an awesome game for you guys.

And you are correct - it is totally free, no IAP or adverts.
    Last edited by RogueCode; 02-10-2014 at 10:41 AM.
    marito caci and KrisJoeEll like this.
    02-10-2014 10:30 AM
    VALA is now available in China.
    I'm now pushing it to Brazil.
    Usama Jawad96 likes this.
    02-11-2014 02:30 AM
    VALA is now available in Brazil, China, and Russia :)
    02-12-2014 04:23 PM
    RogueCode please help. I am not able to install VALA on my lumia 620 after recent update. I have tried many times and restarted my phone and tried again, but no use. It wont install!!!
    Getting an error: Not able to install on your device.
    What to do???
    02-25-2014 09:16 PM
    RogueCode please help. I am not able to install VALA on my lumia 620 after recent update. I have tried many times and restarted my phone and tried again, but no use. It wont install!!!
    Getting an error: Not able to install on your device.
    What to do???
    The recent update broke the game on my phone as well. Just says 'We're having trouble installing this game'...bummed! :(

I'm using an HTC 8XT.
    02-26-2014 12:31 AM
    I had it installed prior to the last update but the last update would not install. So I uninstalled the game and tried to install from scratch. It will not install on my L822. FYI Mr Developer.
    02-26-2014 04:55 PM
32 12