Onetube Youtube client for Windows Phone. Feedback.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Wow very nice work man,
There's only a couple things I'd like to see improved:
-option to run audio in the background
-this may be nit picky but the button to bring the video to corner of the screen looks confusing, you should change it to look more like what it actually does
-also the video controls are very stale and boring, i'd like to see a more original design like metro tube and mytube
-I want to be able to comment and like comments
-you also need to add a way to view notifications and quickly reply etc.

Ricardo Pons

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for your feedback.

You can turn on to play audio in the background in settings :).

Yes, You are right . I will pay more attention in the details of my app.

At this moment you can not comment or like comments . I'm working about that to update my app.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for your feedback.

You can turn on to play audio in the background in settings :).

Yes, You are right . I will pay more attention in the details of my app.

At this moment you can not comment or like comments . I'm working about that to update my app.
there is only an option to run under lock screen, I'd like to be able to do other stuff on my phone while YouTube runs in the background

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Btw you are the first yt client that is getting close to replacing mytube on my homescreen, so I'm excited to see more improvements :)

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
First of all.... I really wish all devs ask for feedback.... I think it will improve their apps a lot, of course you don't have to apply every comment, but surely you should have a notebook and categorize these feedback.... and fix where ever you find the pain.

My review
1) one of the screenshots look exactly like MixRadio, I love originality that's why im on WP, so would love to see something changed.
2) after you search a video, and get the list as a response, the video information is way to close to the video thumbnail, which I guess - if improved - would drastically change the UI.
3) one last thing, in app purchases are proven to be more profitable, while ive never seen in app purchase in a video client but I guess it is possible, rather than letting people pay .99$ for the app, try making it free, with .5$ for HD play back, and .99 for Full HD (as an example).

hope your app succeeds.

Last edited:

Ricardo Pons

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for your suggestions. This is my first video app and I know ontube needs UI improvements.
you gave to me good a ideas to add in my app.

I don't know if I add in app purchase would be a good idea.

Thank you.

anon5354051

Banned
Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Very nice app! One suggestion: An option to turn off autoplay would be nice, as I like to read the description before I start watching the video.

NoNoNoYes

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I m not downloading the app because of Katy Perry or wvt her name is.

Can you implemt the feature to import the downloaded or presaved music to the local library.

AlwaysColtron

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Looks great. Just downloaded it and really enjoy it. I want to start using it as my primary YouTube app but I got a few things I'd like to see first that other apps have sadly.
1. Dark theme, it all looks great with the white and red but giving people the option for a dark theme would be great.
2. Play To ability. I am able to hit a button and play a video to my Xbox 360 from my phone and that is a big thing especially since searching in the YouTube app on the console is a pain.
3. I can't seem to find an easy way to look at my subscriptions. I can see the latest videos from all my subscriptions channel;s but what if I want to be able to go scroll through all my subscribed channels. Either adding something to the Subscription section or even a small bottom next to "Move" that takes you to a page with the list would be great. Maybe even a list of the videos they have added since I last checked, that would be great.
4. Live tile. Not only would I love to see live tile support with a flip for the last say 3 posted videos but also the live tile image is not great. Take it from graphic designed, just have it be the symbol and not the sideways name for the image. It'll look cleaner.
5. Windows 8 app. The reason I use MetroTube is because the app is universal between all my devices, Surface and PC as phone. I know making a whole new app is a big thing but having it on all devices with cross platform history sharing would make this app one of the greats!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss