coloredBlocks

rhs-raphael

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I have developed the application coloredBlocks some time ago. As it was my first app, and it was published soon after WP7 was out, it has not a large number of downloads (~70) and is stuck there since years!
I still think that this game has potential - as i myself like it really much, and i just wanted you to try it and give a little review how i could make it a better experience:
  • Is the game too complicated?
  • Is the tutorial understandable?
  • Are three levels too less for the trial version?
  • Is the game too hard?
  • Should it be ported to WP 8 or even Windows 8?
  • (including a direct x version?)
  • Do you think the game would be more understandable with translated text tutorials?
  • Do you think it makes sense translating such a game?
  • How do you find the Name?
  • How do you like the start-Screen?
  • Should online-hiscores be implemented or is it irrelevant?

As I am now a little moresuccessful with my other apps, i'd really appreciate your help.

Here is a link to the store provided:
coloredBlocks | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Thanks,
rhsraphael

Cheewii Poon

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I've just downloaded the trial to try it, and here's my honest feedback. Beware though, because I'm quite a perfectionist and will criticize even the tiniest details. These are just suggestions, though.

- Is the game too complicated? No I think the complexity is fine, at least from the three levels I tried.
- Is the tutorial understandable? Yes, it's understandable, but I feel like the circles highlighting the important parts could have been done better, they look like rough brush strokes.
- Are three levels too less for the trial version? I think they're enough to get the general feel of the game, but IMO not enough to make people want to buy the full version especially at such a price(understandable for an independent developer).
- Is the game too hard? Not really, but I feel like each game was a bit too short for the player to really do much like try clearing every block.
- Should it be ported to WP 8 or even Windows 8? If it does better after an update, maybe. If you have the resources. Works fine on WP8 by the way.
- (including a direct x version?) Not a developer, so I don't know what this does, sorry!
- Do you think the game would be more understandable with translated text tutorials? Maybe, but I think that shouldn't be a priority (over making the game better) unless more people start downloading the game.
- Do you think it makes sense translating such a game? Only the tutorial and UI, yes. But again a waste of time if people don't download it anyway.
- How do you find the Name? The name is fine.
- How do you like the start-Screen? The start screen is fine, and the animation of the cB is a nice idea but it's a bit too slow and the B looks like an 8. Also I think the green and red squuares beside each button looks a bit weird, why not just make it a real button with text on it? Highscore is spelled wrongly.
- Should online-hiscores be implemented or is it irrelevant? Again would be cool, but if people aren't downloading the game much then there wouldn't be much highscores, so it would be a waste of time trying to code it until more people download this game. People generally don't care about online highscores when looking for new games to download.

Just my honest feedback, I hope it helps and please don't be offended just because I was a little harsh, and good luck!

rhs-raphael

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Thank you, this is really a good feedback, i can do a lot with that. I will improve my game soon, and I hope, that you will then test it again!

Thank you very much for your extensive review!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven