Re: Best Podcasts app for Windows 8.1

BlueZumbrellas

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site

Hi there!

I just put out a podcatcher for Win 8.1 called Narrowcast: https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...oft.com%2Fen-us%2Fstore%2Fapps&token=ljNmnd1d. It focuses on areas where other podcasting apps annoyed me like PODCASTS! Lack of focus on your subscriptions, or Podscouts lack of information/ability to queue up items.

It's currently on "sale" for $2, going up to $4 once it goes universal (assuming the WP8.1 rumours are true), and I'm putting out an update this week that adds the ability to add podcasts/search anywhere in app, as well as only letting downloaded items being queued.

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for supporting our platform by developing a new app that should be useful to a lot of people. Good luck with your app.

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site

I got a 404 on your link. :/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

webreid

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site

I've download your app, smooth and easy. Small glitch trying to import OPML, so I closed the app and reopened and it worked fine.

Does it auto-download, and if so do I need to do anything?

Thank you,
​Reid Anderson

BlueZumbrellas

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site

Hi there, sorry for the late reply.

NarrowCast does have auto download while the app is running. Auto downloading while app isn't running will be in the next patch which should hopefully come out after I'm done with the Win Phone version in the next week or two!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos