[App] I Must Remember! The app that makes sure you never forget again

toaster99

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
4d9Jlxh.png

I Must Remember! is an app that I developed about a year ago for personal use after I forgot to take my calculator to a math test (that didn’t go so well). I’ve spent the past month redesigning the app, and making it as elegant and simple as possible so I could release it to you guys!

Here’s how the app works. Say you need to remember to submit your TPS report at work. Open the app, write the title, description, and due date, and press create. When it comes time to submit the report, you’ll get an email, text message, calendar event, and push notification. Also, there will be a live tile on your start screen with information about the reminder. Finally, your lock screen wallpaper will display the reminder (and you can customize the appearance of this notification). You can also choose to use only some, or all of the mentioned notification methods!

I hope some of you will find this app useful, it’s without a doubt my favorite app I’ve made so far. If you have any questions/suggestions, please contact me! I am dedicated to making this app the best it can be.

My contact information:
@AlexWhiteDev
alex@iMustRemember.net

App website: http://iMustRemember.net
Store link: http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=5adc4ea6-0fd8-47c7-bd84-9cbf760ed710

9a30d99b-9598-4b2e-8d7e-298f4d982a37.png666af100-13b4-4f88-a223-a24d8eacee83.pnga9d938ae-daa9-4ef4-a96c-356f63f3f5e4.pngd4292d37-1014-4d33-833d-62f89e54c3f6.png

toaster99

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone! I wanted to give a thanks to the support I've received for I Must Remember! I've just released an update that fixed some minor issues, and I have another update in the works. As a sign of my gratitude for the community's support, here are some free product keys! To use them, make sure you have the newest version of the app (if the update isn't showing in the store, simply reinstall the app). Next, go to settings and swipe up from the bottom to open the menu. Select "Enter product key", and enter your email and one of these product keys:

wpce-z8YC-mpGP [REDEEMED]
wpce-OdML-savy [REDEEMED]
wpce-UHWv-XkfH [REDEEMED]
wpce-1FS3-KSwm [REDEEMED]
wpce-Oi3O-gHcn [REDEEMED]

If you didn't get one of the above keys, I'll be giving out more on my Twitter (@AlexWhiteDev)

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Localhorst86

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Installed the app, used one of the redeem codes available above. Here's a question:

If I were to remove the app again and re-install it, could I use the same redeem code again provided I use the same email adress as well?

and here are a few suggestions/bugs:

1. When you first select to be notified via text message but then return to the reminder using the back key (if your carrier is not listed for example) all ticked checkboxes get unticked again, including the "send email" checkbox. This results also in an already entered email adress to be removed and it has to be re-entered.

2. The Lockscreen wallpaper set by the app seems to be very low resolution, it looks quite horribly aliased on my Lumia 920 (768x1280 screen)

3. Additionaly, it would be cool if we could select multiple wallpapers that would be randomly cylced at a specified intervall

toaster99

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Installed the app, used one of the redeem codes available above. Here's a question:

If I were to remove the app again and re-install it, could I use the same redeem code again provided I use the same email adress as well?

and here are a few suggestions/bugs:

1. When you first select to be notified via text message but then return to the reminder using the back key (if your carrier is not listed for example) all ticked checkboxes get unticked again, including the "send email" checkbox. This results also in an already entered email adress to be removed and it has to be re-entered.

2. The Lockscreen wallpaper set by the app seems to be very low resolution, it looks quite horribly aliased on my Lumia 920 (768x1280 screen)

3. Additionaly, it would be cool if we could select multiple wallpapers that would be randomly cylced at a specified intervall

Thanks a lot for trying the app! You should have received an email after activating (check your spam folder) that provided a new product key. Simply use this key with your email to activate in the future! If you didn't receive the email, PM me and I'll look into it.

Also, thanks a lot for your feedback, I want to make this app the best it can be so I deeply appreciate all comments.

1) Whoops, thought I saved the preferences in all cases, I'll definitely get that fixed for the next update!

2) The wallpaper is unfortunately very low resolution at the moment (480x800 to be exact). This is due to memory issues when generating the lockscreen images in the background task. If you have the newest version of Windows Phone, the OS allows for 25MB of RAM in the background, and generating full resolution images is no problem, but unfortunately previous versions run into an issue. The 480x800 is a temporary fix until I reorganize some code and try to free up enough memory during the background task to use full resolution images. My apologies for the inconvenience!

3) That is a good idea, I'll keep that in mind for the future! I know it can be annoying when an app that takes over your lockscreen doesn't provide many options, so I definitely will expand the available options for wallpapers.

Localhorst86

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Ah, yes. I received an email containing a new key, but outlook marked it as spam (it also marked the reminder email as spam). I have now set both emails as "this is not spam" and I should now get the reminder emails.

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk Beta

toaster99

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Thanks to everyone for the support and your suggestions, I really appreciate the feedback! All the product keys have been redeemed, but fear not, I'll be adding some more to this thread later. I'll also post a few on my Twitter (@AlexWhiteDev). With the community's continued support, I know I can improve this app and make it the best reminder app on the market!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa