Hello all
    CountMyDays is a counter-type app that tells you exactly how much time is left until a date of your choosing.
    I just submitted it to the store, would appreciate any feedback and criticism on it.
    It includes LiveTile support by showing how many days until the closest event date.

Store link (WP 8.0): CountMyDays | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

If you would, any feedback can be sent to victordaniel@outlook.com

Screenshots follow:
    screenshot1.png
    screenshot2.png
    screenshot3.png
    Guytronic and filfat like this.
    04-08-2014 09:06 AM
    Ooooh I've been looking for an app like this.. going to install now
    04-08-2014 02:43 PM
    I'm sorry, but this doesn't show me how may hours remain??? is that a feature for future updates???
    04-08-2014 02:49 PM
    I'm sorry, but this doesn't show me how may hours remain??? is that a feature for future updates???
    What do you mean? After you've added an event, tap on it in the My Dates screen and it will take you to your countdown, just like the third screenshot posted.
    ven07 likes this.
    04-08-2014 04:59 PM
    Oh thank you!! is there anyway to pin that screen to start? that would be awesome :D
    04-08-2014 05:26 PM
    Oh thank you!! is there anyway to pin that screen to start? that would be awesome :D
    I'm actually working on that feature, so far the live tile only displays the soonest event, but by the time I'm done, there should be an option to pin your favorite dates
    04-08-2014 05:31 PM
    I'm actually working on that feature, so far the live tile only displays the soonest event, but by the time I'm done, there should be an option to pin your favorite dates
    You my friend are awesome!!! :D can't wait!! my current countdown is for Cortana :P hopefully we'll see your update soon, but for now you get 5 stars :)
    iVikD and Guytronic like this.
    04-08-2014 05:44 PM
    I have submitted an update to the store that allows the user to pin individual events to their start screen. The update will be live in a few hours as soon as it passes certification.
    04-08-2014 07:40 PM
    I have submitted an update to the store that allows the user to pin individual events to their start screen. The update will be live in a few hours as soon as it passes certification.
    You're just awesome :D i realize how much work even a little change takes so thank you very very much
    04-08-2014 08:01 PM
    I have the update now.. But the live tile still won't show the hours, min's and sec's... Maybe because the live tile is just only medium? Also on the start screen it has become hard to open ant of my set dates.. in the beginning it only took one slight tap and voila it would open, but now i really have to press on the screen... Just giving feedback
    iVikD likes this.
    04-09-2014 05:08 PM
    I have the update now.. But the live tile still won't show the hours, min's and sec's... Maybe because the live tile is just only medium? Also on the start screen it has become hard to open ant of my set dates.. in the beginning it only took one slight tap and voila it would open, but now i really have to press on the screen... Just giving feedback
    The live tiles are made to only show the amount of days left, since Windows Phone only allows updates to live tiles every 30 minutes. WP 8.1 supposedly reduces the limit to updating every minute, but since it's not out there yet, my app doesn't support it. Once I update the app for 8.1, I'll try to include updating the tile with hours and minutes.
    It's odd that selecting an event would be affected in this update, I'll look into it ASAP.
    Thanks a lot for the feedback, with it I can work on improving or fixing any details I might've missed :)
    ven07 likes this.
    04-09-2014 05:15 PM
    i love the app so you'll be hearing from me :D and the fact that it's just 1 mb or less is very handy... Waiting for 8.1.....
    04-09-2014 05:17 PM
    i love the app so you'll be hearing from me :D and the fact that it's just 1 mb or less is very handy... Waiting for 8.1.....
    The more feedback the better.
    Is the problem with selecting an event happening when you tap directly on the event name? I know that tapping on the event date under the name does nothing, but tapping on the event itself shouldn't be delayed or troublesome...
    04-09-2014 05:23 PM
    Well i don't often reinstal apps, but i did and that seemed to help :)
    04-09-2014 06:11 PM
    Well i don't often reinstal apps, but i did and that seemed to help :)
    Weird... Regardless, I've made it so that tapping the date also takes you to the event page. As soon as I finish tweaking some of the live tile update things, I'll upload it again.
    ven07 likes this.
    04-09-2014 06:22 PM