[9/20] The definitive WP File Manager - Pocket Explorer

yihong kang

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: Pocket Explorer - Beautiful, Full, File Explorer for WP 8.1

Same here. Crashed before starting.
I still can't download email attachment using this app, hope it will come soon.

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Ok so he's fixed it. App opens now. Buuuuut the music folder crashing bug is back :( yay :(

UPDATE: dev has pushed out another update...music folder still crashing.

Last edited:

lagunacid

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site

Weird, there should be no reason for the folder crashing bug to have come back. I'll investigate today. Lots of creepy bugs showed up when I integrated OneDrive stuff. Bunch of undocumented side effects.

lagunacid

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site

Super odd, just tested a folder with 500 songs on the root level and it didn't even come close to reaching the memory threshold. It must be something else. Are there only songs in that folder? Are there music videos as well, other types of files? Does it happen even after the app restarts?

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site

Super odd, just tested a folder with 500 songs on the root level and it didn't even come close to reaching the memory threshold. It must be something else. Are there only songs in that folder? Are there music videos as well, other types of files? Does it happen even after the app restarts?

Yeah its weird nah just songs. Same as last time, about 9gig of music. Crashes the minute I open the music folder again. Every time

lagunacid

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site

By any chance do you have a file without an extension? Just discovered that this screwed with the thumbnail code.

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site

By any chance do you have a file without an extension? Just discovered that this screwed with the thumbnail code.

Yes. There are 3 tmp files the system has put in there with no extensions. Possibly it? Try adjusting your code to catch that, maybe itll work :)

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site

Fantastic! Good to know that things are running smoothly

Yep! Any plans to make the main page look like the rest of the folders? (folder icons etc). Not necessary by any means but Would make it feel more like a file manager from the jump :p

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site

Love the new update. I did betray you and try "fileex" when you had that music bug and have to say, the ability to set a background image in that app is awesome. Maybe if you get bored you might add that to pocket explorer? *wink wink*. Haha

lagunacid

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: Pocket Explorer - Beautiful, Full, File Explorer (Current Version: Beta 10)

Unfortunately we cannot get access to Other Storage. Microsoft doesn't let us!

Background would work interestingly with the Pivot layout of the app. I'll see what I can do!

Current screenshots for those following from afar - it's looking pretty sweet, even with solid backgrounds :)
Pocket Explorer Beta 10 - Imgur

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site

New update is great; I like how you fixed the volume bars :)

thought of making the appbar accent colored with white foreground? Would make it all coherent ;)

Just ideas! Keep up the awesome work!

lagunacid

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site

Press and hold on the shortcut to remove it. New update coming today! With options to preload thumbnails and properties, and a custom background :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre