[APP] PlayStation.Blog (WP8.1)

Richi_Ric

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
PlayStation.Blog[SUP]v2[/SUP]

Read, Listen, Watch, Pin, Share, or Download the latest official PlayStation Blog Posts, Podcast (Blogcast), and Videos through this single unofficial minimalistic app. This app can save you a lot of hassle and time because it provides the news, podcast and videos all at one place.

Marketing Image.png

Features:
------------
* Read the latest news/blog posts from over 20 PlayStation Blogs.
* Watch PlayStation Videos.
* Listen PlayStation Blogcast.
* Pin your favourite Post, Podcast or Video to the start screen as a Live Tile.
* Toast notifications of new posts.
* Dark and Light reading view modes.
* Pin almost every section, page or filter to the start screen.
* Share your favourite contents.
* Download any Podcast onto your SD Card.
* Read full article within the app (some posts may get truncated on 512MB devices).
* App cache support for offline reading and sharing.
* Completely ad free.

Changelog: v2.1.0.0
--------------------------
* * YouTube API updated to v3.
* Toast notifications of new posts (test feature).
* Minor UI changes.

To enable toast notifications of new posts, just pin the desired section (for which you need the toast notification) to the start screen. This is implemented to reduce unnecessary internet data usage and to eliminate unwanted toast notifications.

Note: Toast notifications of new posts is a TEST feature and 'may' not work on every device.

Changelog: v2.0.0.2
--------------------------
* Bug fixes

Changelog: v2
--------------------
* Live tiles for Blog Posts, Blogcast and Videos pages (Premium Add-on)
* Reading view modes - Dark/Light (Premium Add-on)
* Redesigned for Windows Phone 8.1 OS
* Various UI Changes
* New podcast listening interface
* New Videos watching interface
* Speed improvements
* Developer's messages integration for app news and other stuff
* 1080p devices support

Last edited:

Richi_Ric

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: PlayStation.Blog App (WP8, WP8.1)

App updated to version 1.1.5.0, Now includes podcast.

Changelog: v1.1.5.0
---------------------------
* Added Podcast Section
* Added 'read full article' option
* New Main Page
* Removed the ads
* Several minor changes

Last edited:

nosaj_j

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: [APP] PlayStation.Blog (WP8 & WP8.1)

I've just downloaded your app. I like how your design manages to reflect both the os and sony playstation branding. Just some feedback though.

• I think the app would suit a panarama control, it feels like you have to traverse several lists before you can actually see some content, also theres nothing wrong with using successive panarama's where the content permits it.
  • If you asked the user what their preferences are you could surface relevant content when they enter the app.
  • The app would also suit a live tile, possibly even a cycle tile. Which could be implemented without using a back-end infrastructure.

Let me know how you get on, my company is always on the look out for good apps to feature in our soon to be released spotlight app.

Richi_Ric

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site

I've just downloaded your app. I like how your design manages to reflect both the os and sony playstation branding. Just some feedback though.

• I think the app would suit a panarama control, it feels like you have to traverse several lists before you can actually see some content, also theres nothing wrong with using successive panarama's where the content permits it.
  • If you asked the user what their preferences are you could surface relevant content when they enter the app.
  • The app would also suit a live tile, possibly even a cycle tile. Which could be implemented without using a back-end infrastructure.

Let me know how you get on, my company is always on the look out for good apps to feature in our soon to be released spotlight app.

First of all thanks for downloading and liking my app. :)
Thanks for the feedback, now regarding the new features you've suggested:
  • If I implement Panorama page for secondary menus then to maintain the design unity in the app I have to make every secondary menu page a panoramic page. Some pages like NEWS | ASIA have 10 sub menus (Countries), If I make it a panorama page then it will be wrong designing because if user wants to go to the 6th menu then he has to swipe 5 times to reach it while in the current design user has to just press the 6th menu.
  • For your second feature I've already implemented the secondary tiles, you can pin almost every menu to your start screen. For Example: If you want to get the news from USA only then you can pin the NEWS| USA page to your start screen. Launching the pinned tile will take you directly to the NEWS| USA page.
  • Regarding your third and last suggestion, I'll look forward to implement it.

Last edited:

Richi_Ric

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site

Downloads crossed 5K mark and WP8.1 BETA version is ready, send your email IDs via PM for beta enrollment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon