[APP] Background Designer - for WP 8.1 and WP 8

exyaized

Banned
Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
And we are back. Look promising and has a nice touch but when you only want to use the gradient you can only choose from top to bottom, not diagonal or sideways. But everything else is okay. Great work ��

More gradient options are coming ;-)
But can't promise to be included in next update.

exyaized

Banned
Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately I have to delay the next update. I thought that more peolpe are knowing which Windows Phone version they are using or reading app descriptions or just viewing pictures.

So I need to stop all update works now and create tons of warning notices and tutorials first. xD

Sorry!

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
That's the main reason that when someone asks me to test a app, i never read the manual. It should be intuitive. And that's no problem with your app. People hate to read manual's.

exyaized

Banned
Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! This is really great to hear.
I?ll keep this manual simple; just a few words about different Windows Phone versions and a link to a short how to video.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Haha, all the text on the phone in the video is German, all the text to the left is in English. Might as well have made it in German :)

Benachrichtigungen

Dnamb

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
Hey, please give the ability to name the file before or during, saving the created file. Also can the ability to have horizontal and/or multiple gradients added? multiple overlays? :)

exyaized

Banned
Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Hey, please give the ability to name the file before or during, saving the created file. Also can the ability to have horizontal and/or multiple gradients added? multiple overlays? :)

OK, put "save as" on the list. But the list is long. xD

Working right now on extended gradient functions!

Multiple overlays are not coming anytime soon, sorry. I just don?t have enough time to investigate that deep enough. But this is a logical next step, so I?ll keep an eye on this idea. ;-)

Workaround: Create an overlayed picture and save it to gallery, then choose it as overlay. I know this is pretty inconvenient, so there will be an option to save pictures inside the app for faster selection. Keeping multiple layers editable is currently not realizeable for me. :-/

This is my current backround; relative clean like an accent color but still have the parallax effect.
I've made first the the cyan overlayed background (pic 1). Then started a second background with blue solid as base and pic1 as overlay.

Namira_Blue_Sample.jpg

exyaized

Banned
Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Ohhhh, what about even a slider that could change from 0 (vertical gradient) to 90 (horizontal) and everything in between.

Working right now on this xD Only vertical / horizontal was never an option! Gradient angle needs to be adjustable. ;-)

Hm... slider seems to be a better idea then buttons (left / right). Have to think about it.

Last edited:

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Just a idea.
Dont know if its possible in the WP ecosystem, but...........
Is it possible to let the background change on preset times, just like the windows desktop o.s.?
So that automaticly change the pic in lets say every hour or so

exyaized

Banned
Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Just a idea.
Dont know if its possible in the WP ecosystem, but...........
Is it possible to let the background change on preset times, just like the windows desktop o.s.?
So that automaticly change the pic in lets say every hour or so

As I read in some threads, there is no API to do this.

exyaized

Banned
Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Finally Update 1.2.0.0 is ready to download...

Whats new?
  • Extended Gradient Options (Stage 1)
  • Daily Bing Image downloader (Stage 1)
  • App is not free anymore. Trial version is fully working except of saving. (affects only new downloads)

Extended gradient Options:
  • Three additional colors
  • Rotation (relative angle)

Well, yes, no slider to change the rotation value. This is due to the small amount of space and 360 levels of value. I tested the slider for a few days and it was just terrible to use. It works much better with two buttons (fixed steps @ 15). For smaller changes just change the number in the TextBox.
wp_ss_20140529_0002.jpg

Next is the daily bing image downloader, also stage 1, so only the US picture will be downloaded. More options on request!
wp_ss_20140527_0002.jpg

Lets create some new backrounds ;-)

Last edited:

exyaized

Banned
Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
New update today (Version 1.2.16.90)

• 6 new fractal designs (3 + 3 variants)
  • Overlay -settings now work by simply changing the textbox value
  • alot background work for upcoming features

And here are three examples, made with the new desings:
wp_ss_20140618_0001.jpgwp_ss_20140618_0003.jpgwp_ss_20140618_0002.jpg

Enjoy! :wink:

exyaized

Banned
Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, today i want to show you how to change the color of an existing background image from your gallery.

ChangeColor1.jpg

1. Start Background Designer and go to "Editor-Mode" (left button in AppBar)
  2. While in "Editor-Mode" go to "Overlays"
  3. Choose your Picture from Gallery (you can adjust the Position and resize it by tapping the 2 gearing wheels located on middle right)
  4. (Just showing the Overlay-Settings)
  5. Adjust Effect-Level and BlendMode (e.g. Hardlight)
  6. Change back to "Bases" and choose your favorite color
  7. Works also with gradients
  8. Go back to "Preview-Mode" with Windows Phone Back-Key and save it to your gallery by tapping the right button in the AppBar *done*

Pretty simple, isn't it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss