[APP] Battery.Net

NachiketS

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Hello Everyone,
I want to share the windows phone 8 app I am working on. There are a few Battery apps on the marketplace, but I bet this will be something very different. I am still on new features.

Battery.Net | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Current Features:
- Three types of tiles with useful information
- Current Charge and Discharge rates
- Today's average Charge and Discharge rates
- Overall average Charge and Discharge rates
- Graphs for observing battery charge trend over time.
- Access Wifi, Cellular Data and Location Service settings directly from app
- Many more features to come...

Please feel free to critic my work. I would try to accommodate your feedback wherever possible. An app review would be great. I wish to work on supporting many languages for this app.

few screenshots
wp_ss_20140501_0008.png wp_ss_20140501_0009.png wp_ss_20140501_0010.png

Cheers,
Nachiket

Last edited:

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Downloaded the app. Its nice but please give an option to remove advertisement for free or by paying some amount. Live tile is osum. Keep making such good apps 😊

Sent from my Lumia 620 wp8.1 RM-846_im_india_233 using Tapatalk

NachiketS

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Downloaded the app. Its nice but please give an option to remove advertisement for free or by paying some amount. Live tile is osum. Keep making such good apps ��

Thank you Aniket. These words mean a lot. I will consider the buy to remove ads option.

Cheers,
Nachiket

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Because advertising require it, I guess.

Required Manifest Capabilities

The question is, why do the ad-mongers require access to your photos and phone dialer? Not functions I'm prepared to hand over without good reason, and 'because advertising require it' is not a convincing case for hitting the 'Accept' button for me. Way too fishy. Before we know it, instead of cold calling you the ad-mongers will be getting your phone to cold call them! After all, you ticked the box that said it was ok for them to do that. Not me.

NachiketS

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
The question is, why do the ad-mongers require access to your photos and phone dialer? Not functions I'm prepared to hand over without good reason, and 'because advertising require it' is not a convincing case for hitting the 'Accept' button for me. Way too fishy. Before we know it, instead of cold calling you the ad-mongers will be getting your phone to cold call them! After all, you ticked the box that said it was ok for them to do that. Not me.

I totally get your point. Here are some links I scooped from google, may be they will help.
http://forums.windowscentral.com/wpcentral-windows-phone-app-support/280674-why-does-app-require-so-many-permissions.html#post2508222

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-7/179089-app-permissions-list-what-they-mean.html

This one is from the Developer's Book

Windows Phone 8 Development Internals - Andrew Whitechapel, Sean McKenna - Google Books

Just want to mention one more thing here, all these are Capabilities of the app not permissions.

I get your point, if you are uncomfortable clicking on the Allow button, developers should give you a paid version of app with capabilities you are comfortable with.

Cheers,
Nachiket

NachiketS

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Hey Thanks,

Microsoft is giving me hard time with my developer account. I can't accept any payments until its resolved. I would have to create a new app with option to remove ads.
There will be at least couple or more updates for a new feature, I am working on. I am hoping by that time the issue with Microsoft would be resolved.

Cheers

NachiketS

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,
Just updated the app with a new feature to compare battery performance by days. All you have to do is to select the days you want to compare, the app will show a graph with Green Charge rate and Blue Discharge rate. Comes in handy to compare performance before and after
  • Firmware Upgrade
  • OS Upgrade
  • or any App you installed

Check it out !
Download the app using this QR Code :
ShareAppQRCode.pngShareAppQRCode.png
OR

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140509_0001.png
    wp_ss_20140509_0001.png
    179.5 KB · Views: 6
  • ShareAppQRCode.png
    ShareAppQRCode.png
    2.2 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

NachiketS

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Hello Guys,
Because of issues with Microsoft, I had to un-publish the app and republish it under a new developer account. In the process I have lost my download counts, reviews and also the spot Battery.Net had in the app store.
Well, Battery.Net application has been added back to the market and this new version is going to be updated in future. We are working on very interesting new features. Please download the app from the app store again. Your ratings and reviews will greatly help us recuperate from the loss we incurred because of having to change developer account.
There are no updates from the previous version, it is the same application, just that we are going to upgrade this version going forward.

Please get Battery.Net at Battery.Net | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

OR use this QR code to directly go to the app from your phone.
ShareAppQRCode.png

NachiketS

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site

Hey,
I have added a version for people who feel uncomfortable with extra phone capabilities which are needed for the Ad controls.

Check it out.

If you don't mind ads then try this
Battery.Net [Free] | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss