VoiceWake Lite - Wake your computer using cortana

LaikaGlove

May 11, 2014
Visit site
What port number should I use? And should I use the username of my laptop or I can put any name on it? Thanks.
The name is just whatever you want to call your computer when interacting with Cortana it doesn't have to be your username/computername, just whatever you want. As long as cortana can understand it. The default port for voicewake is 4505, but it's configurable within the app.

Lars Soerensen

May 22, 2014
Visit site
hey. great app!
However, I can only get it, to wake up my machine if I decheck the "only allow a magic packet to wake up the pc" ie. it will do the pattern match thing I guess, but then it Works. the problem is that also turns on my pc randomly. Network jitter, I guess. any ide what i could try to make it Work, only with a magic packet?

thanks

RunicGamer

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
I need some help. I bought your full version of voicewake. And only the wake feature works. The shutdown, restart and hibernate features don't. I really need help please. Thanks!!!!

LaikaGlove

May 11, 2014
Visit site
hey. great app!
However, I can only get it, to wake up my machine if I decheck the "only allow a magic packet to wake up the pc" ie. it will do the pattern match thing I guess, but then it Works. the problem is that also turns on my pc randomly. Network jitter, I guess. any ide what i could try to make it Work, only with a magic packet?

thanks

That's interesting, I've never experienced this issue. Are you using it on your home network of externally over the internet when this occurs? Do you have port forwarding set up on your router at all? Have you googled your network adapter/motherboard model to see if anyone else has this issue with wake on lan?

I also cant wake my PC or laptop from shutdown.I can only do it from sleep mode .Any idieas why is this happening?

Some motherboards/network cards don't support wake from an S5 (complete shutdown) sleep state. Not even mine does, so I've been using hibernate and waking from that state.

Works great for me man nice app any chance of an sleep feature?

I have a few features in the testing phase, this is one of them. Stay tuned!

I need some help. I bought your full version of voicewake. And only the wake feature works. The shutdown, restart and hibernate features don't. I really need help please. Thanks!!!!

Hey, thanks for purchasing the full version of VoiceWake! Have you installed the desktop application on your PC? This is required for the shutdown, restart, and hibernate features. Go to www.voicewakeapp.com to download and install the server application on your PC, it's free!.

Steefieee

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I've got a view questions:
Which ip-adress do I havo to take? (there's one like 77.***.**.***, and one like 192.***.*.*)
And; do i havo to forward the port I've found in the app (4505)?

This app is so awesome!

LaikaGlove

May 11, 2014
Visit site
I've got a view questions:
Which ip-adress do I havo to take? (there's one like 77.***.**.***, and one like 192.***.*.*)
And; do i havo to forward the port I've found in the app (4505)?

This app is so awesome!

If you are only using VoiceWake on your home network, use the 192.***.*.* IP address. In this case, you would have to forward port 4505.

If you are using VoiceWake over the internet, use the 77.***.**.*** IP address, in this case you would have to forward port 4505 to your router's broadcast address. If you do not know what your broadcast address is, you can calculate it here.

Also, if you are using the full version, you'll also need to forward port 4506 to your computer's IP address (not broadcast) to make use of the shutdown, restart, sleep, and hibernate features.

Thanks for using VoiceWake, I'm glad you like it!

Last edited:

YoungBanana

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
(I want to apologize for having committed mistakes) Hello, I have a problem, when I click to "Check Port Status" show me "alert : to use this application over the internet you must forward port 4506 to your computer's IP address in your router configuration."

but I have port forwarded!

So i don't know what do I do now. thank you for echo.

Radu Visa

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
Using windows 10 on my desktop and laptop, latest insider preview on my Lumia 950XL. Only the wake feature works.The server app is installed on my laptop and my desktop and on the home screen on my phone the devices show with white icon but I get "could not connect to device". Firewall is disabled on the machines and there is no other firewall enabled. Checking with telnet on 4506 shows the server listening on the port but the app doesn't connect. Any ideas?

LaikaGlove

May 11, 2014
Visit site
http://forums.windowscentral.com/app-spotlight/406311-%5Buwp%5D-%5Bapp%5D-voicewake-windows-10-a.htmlhttp://forums.windowscentral.com/app-spotlight/406311-%5Buwp%5D-%5Bapp%5D-voicewake-windows-10-a.htmlHey Radu, I sent you a pm regarding the issue you're having.

I apologize for not seeing your message sooner. You'll have better luck reaching me at voicewake@gmail.com.

Also, please note that this thread is for the old Windows Phone 8.1 version of VoiceWake, which is way different from the windows 10 version. The old windows phone 8.1 server app will NOT work with the new windows 10 version of VoiceWake. You can download the new server app here.

Discussion for the Windows 10 version of VoiceWake is here.

Thanks for using VoiceWake! Feel free to contact me with any issues you're having in the future!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99