[APP] Playlist Tiler

sensboston

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Playlist Tiler: pin colorful playlist tiles to your Start screen!

wp_ss_20140508_0001.png wp_ss_20140508_0005.png wp_ss_20140508_0002.png

This simple but very handy app will allow you to create colorful tiles for the music playlists, using the albums art or your own graphics.

The app also supports NFC tags so you may automate some actions (like all tracks playback) in your car. Unfortunately, currently Microsoft has a limitation (damn stupid limitation but it's MS!) - NFC tags can't be processed with locked screen or screen off. Hope, MS will remove this in the WP 8.1 release!

Store link: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/playlist-tiler/42ac67fa-51b1-409b-b632-a9e405a0838e?signin=true

Please review and rate the app. Don't leave negative feedbacks - tell me here what's wrong and I'll try to fix it as soon as I can!

sensboston

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
can you add a large tile?

Yes, I can. But could you suggest a large tile design? If playlist (i.e. included albums and songs) has no art at all or 1 pic, it's simple - picture will be located at center. But what if we have 2, 3, 10+ pictures? Should I create a "mosaic" picture from the all art? Could you draw me a sketch?
What kind of information you wanna on the large tile: total duration, number of songs?

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
3ugegy8u.png

See in the screenshot i have a folder which include all my games. Would love to have somthing like that.. If it is possible a live tile which shows current song with duration.
Sent from my RM-846_im_india_233 using Tapatalk on my Lumia 620 wp8.1

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
But seriously the app is very useful for me i have many playlists. Everytime opening that crap xbox music freaks me out. Now playlists are just a click away. Thnx for the app

sensboston

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Just created a new playlist but isn't showing up in the app
Unfortunately, new "Music" hub creates a playlists in the new format (they are stored in the internal database, I believe so); currently Microsoft doesn't provide any API for access to the "new" playlists :(
You should use the "old" easy way: connect your phone to PC, open "Music" folder, select folders, right click, choose "Create playlist" in the popup menu, rename it.

sensboston

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
See in the screenshot i have a folder which include all my games. Would love to have somthing like that.. If it is possible a live tile which shows current song with duration.
Playlists are kinda different from the games collection (everybody has a lot of games), they may have just a couple of pictures (or nothing). OK, I'll discuss that idea with my designer.
As for live tile, I'll investigate current API (and probably 8.1)...
BTW, thanks for suggestion!

sensboston

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Playlist Tiler got an update!

ome bugs are fixed, speed and playlist shuffle improved. Unfortunately I don't have enough time to implement good wide tiles; will try to bring 'em in the next update.

​Enjoy!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett