[25K DOWNLOADS!] [Free] Atmosphere Weather - Official Thread

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: [NEWLY RELEASED] Atmosphere - Advanced Weather App

"I seriously believe" you can afford that 0.99$ or 1.49$ if you bought a Windows Phone device for xxx$...

Do You SERIOUSLY judge the decision of buying an app by comparing it to the price you paid for your phone? If yes?then my review was not for you...

helsten2

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site

FYI: yr.no is the 5th biggest weather forecast provider in the world (and their database is supposed to be the most extensive one ....). And you can use their API and data for free.
Keep up the good work.

trekgraham

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site

Enjoy your vacation and look forward to seeing more goodies. Do you plan to develop other apps?

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

Enjoy your vacation and look forward to seeing more goodies. Do you plan to develop other apps?

Have plans to develop the following eventually:
- Newsreader
- Possibly a sports app (USA Focused with international sports)
I got this idea from watching the show "Dual Survival" (USA) and my own personal experience outdoors:
- An app that maps wilderness areas and provides trail listings with images and reviews, sort of like Google Maps for the woods. This would be a large project and US only, if not state restricted at launch. It would allow users to record trails to the database. I am busy with Atmosphere now and won't be able to get to this within the year.

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

FYI: yr.no is the 5th biggest weather forecast provider in the world (and their database is supposed to be the most extensive one ....). And you can use their API and data for free.
Keep up the good work.

I'll look into this, but most users preferred Forecast.io. If it has everything I need i'll consider this.

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Do You SERIOUSLY judge the decision of buying an app by comparing it to the price you paid for your phone? If yes?then my review was not for you...

If you've decided to buy a phone for xxx$ then you should have known that you will have to pay another 20-30$ to set-up your phone with suite of quality apps to make the most out of your Windows Phone device. Don't try to convince the devs to make it free. They spend a lot of days and nights to create an app to make something for community. Demanding or asking to remove the price tag is just inappropriate and rude. If you don't agree with that, just head to the store and download other(free) weather app. END. Have a good day.

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site

Love the app, it's quickly becoming my main one and I purchased it shortly after downloading the trial. I understand you're on vacation in a matter of hours, but something to look at when you get back might be radar animation. That's the one thing missing that's keeping this from becoming my main, exclusive, "delete all the other weather apps to save space" app.

TheMightyCraken

May 6, 2014
Visit site

Have plans to develop the following eventually:
- Newsreader
- Possibly a sports app (USA Focused with international sports)
I got this idea from watching the show "Dual Survival" (USA) and my own personal experience outdoors:
- An app that maps wilderness areas and provides trail listings with images and reviews, sort of like Google Maps for the woods. This would be a large project and US only, if not state restricted at launch. It would allow users to record trails to the database. I am busy with Atmosphere now and won't be able to get to this within the year.
I would pay at least $0.99 for a good/polished newsreader (feedly style good)

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

Love the app, it's quickly becoming my main one and I purchased it shortly after downloading the trial. I understand you're on vacation in a matter of hours, but something to look at when you get back might be radar animation. That's the one thing missing that's keeping this from becoming my main, exclusive, "delete all the other weather apps to save space" app.

That was actually scheduled for the last version, I even had a working animation, but I cut it for the next version because I didn't think it was ready for release. Obviously, it's coming. I just need to keep the existing radar as smooth as the UI.

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

I would pay at least $0.99 for a good/polished newsreader (feedly style good)

Everything I ever build will be 0.99. I don't believe in advertising in app as I can't control the experience. Free is out of the question (Without IAP). I'm looking into making it similar in UI to atmosphere, if not better.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)