10-21-2015 12:12 PM
350 1234 ...
tools
    If you want to make this a serious weather app and not just one of many that tells you the weather then you need to include Level2 radar data and the TDWR stations as well. I would gladly pay for an app that gives me all the Level2 radar data that is available on a clean and adjustable UI.
    Upon doing some more research, TDWR stations won't be there at release. This does not eliminate the option of it coming later.

Sent from my iPhone using WPCentral Forums
    06-12-2014 03:14 PM
    found a source for free weather icons.

you may be interested.

7 Free Weather icon sets for your Apps | Super Dev Resources
    06-13-2014 09:07 PM
    A quick question... what's the difference between the trial and full? Maybe toy can remove some features and unlock them in the full version... you might also want to submit this app for review here at WPCentral for more downloads.
    06-13-2014 10:19 PM
    Made some changes to the UI last night:
    Attachment 68924Attachment 68925
    Forecast.io integration is 70% complete, those images are slightly outdated.

You might wanna space out the "Cards" for a cleaner UI
    06-13-2014 10:24 PM
    A quick question... what's the difference between the trial and full? Maybe toy can remove some features and unlock them in the full version... you might also want to submit this app for review here at WPCentral for more downloads.
    Not exactly sure yet but most likely:
    Trial:
    - no radar (or map fixed to example location)
    - no minutely forecast
    - no sunrise/sunset
    - nag screen upon opening

Absolutely no advertisements at all.

And I will submit it after it gets to a finished state.

Also cards have been spaced out.

Last edited by IN5TIGATOR; 06-14-2014 at 10:38 PM.
    06-14-2014 04:44 PM
    found a source for free weather icons.

you may be interested.

7 Free Weather icon sets for your Apps | Super Dev Resources
    Looks nice, those will be in the app.

Edit: used a few of those ones from iconfinder.
    Last edited by IN5TIGATOR; 06-20-2014 at 12:38 AM.
    06-14-2014 04:45 PM
    Thread has been updated with latest releases including screenshots and up-to-date news. It was at least two weeks behind previously. Check the first post.
    06-20-2014 12:34 AM
    Will you give the ability to make the tile transparent or not? (When its not displaying the info, just the logo)...WPCentral had an article on how to do it (with the code)
    06-20-2014 03:17 AM
    Will you give the ability to make the tile transparent or not? (When its not displaying the info, just the logo)...WPCentral had an article on how to do it (with the code)
    Most likely, but I don't know if any live tile customization will be there in 1.0

Edit: When displaying the logo, yes.

06-20-2014 08:35 AM
    Most likely, but I don't know if any live tile customization will be there in 1.0

Edit: When displaying the logo, yes.

Oh OK thanks
    06-20-2014 01:33 PM
    What's the release date for this app? I would suggest you to release this app first ( if not done already) and then improvise it. :)
    06-20-2014 01:40 PM
    Also would you want me to translate it?
    06-20-2014 01:41 PM
    What's the release date for this app? I would suggest you to release this app first ( if not done already) and then improvise it. :)
    Targeting the end of next week, not counting a short closed beta.

06-20-2014 01:52 PM
    Also would you want me to translate it?
    My API automatically translates most strings, but there are a few things that still need manual translation. What languages can you translate to?

06-20-2014 01:54 PM
    Targeting the end of next week, not counting a short closed beta.

cool, eagerly waiting for it.. I really like the name of the app and the design.
    06-20-2014 01:54 PM
    My API automatically translates most strings, but there are a few things that still need manual translation. What languages can you translate to?

I can translate to French
    06-20-2014 02:08 PM
    Ok. I'll have to put in the code/backed required to support multiple languages. I'll pm you if/when I do this.

06-20-2014 07:49 PM
    A few images of the early builds of the live tile (Wide not shown as it is still heavily WIP)
    Note that it may look done, but it does not yet update.

Of course, it fully supports 8.1 in that it supports background images and live accent color updating (You don't have to relaunch the app for a new accent color or background, for example, to take affect on this tile)

tile1.png
    tile2.png
    06-21-2014 12:38 AM
    I'm now announcing that lock screen support will be in the app. More details coming soon.
    TheMightyCraken likes this.
    06-24-2014 01:49 PM
    Your application looks promising and has a very good modern look... (y) if you're considering to release a beta. Count me in :) and good luck
    06-24-2014 01:58 PM
    Your application looks promising and has a very good modern look... (y) if you're considering to release a beta. Count me in :) and good luck
    Thank you. I have been working on optimization and the tile at the moment, all of which are going very well. There will be a beta because performance, features, and usability are my top priorities. Any bugs are going to be fixed pre-release. Also implemented a whole new tile engine that uses usercontrols (XAML) to generate transparent PNGs. This allows me to run a background agent on less RAM and create better tiles, meaning 7.8 support may be a possibility.
    06-24-2014 08:09 PM
    Same here...Willing to help you squish any last-min pre-release bugs and difficulties...Thanks and please send me a PM to help you beta Test
    06-24-2014 08:55 PM
    I'll send PMs to everyone that has posted here when I am ready.
    06-24-2014 10:22 PM
    Using my new tile engine that I discussed earlier, I implemented a new version of the live tile which is now working! Background agent seems to be very stable and is updating every thirty minutes, give or take. Added some translucency and shading to make it visible and more readable against other tiles.

-Posting lock screen images tomorrow or later, that's still WIP and is actually throwing errors.
    -Tile customization and lock screen customization won't be in 1.0, but you will be able to set the background color of the app from the accent color to shades of black to match the rest of the OS.

Some screenshots: tile.ong.jpgtilesm.png
    06-25-2014 01:03 AM
    I have been following this thread since its beginning. So excited for the beta, I am very apt for finding UI inconsistencies on HD devices like my 1520.

Live tile looks fantastic. UI is incredible. The forecast.io integration is the killer here, though. Keep up the great work and thank you for developing for Windows Phone!
    06-25-2014 01:14 AM
350 1234 ...