[25K DOWNLOADS!] [Free] Atmosphere Weather - Official Thread

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Atmosphere is coming soon, a clean but full-featured weather app. Want to improve the UI?

For UK users can you implement a feature in settings that takes into account the mix of metric & imperial units that we use over here that many other apps don't cater for. So a simple choice between metric or Imperial would be no good.

For instance UK use:
MPH for wind speed, miles for distance, degrees "C" for temps, mbar for pressure, MM for rain/snow depth.

Good choice on the forecast.io data as they pull info from UK met office & this is regarded as being the most accurate fro the UK.

Looking good so far & I will definitely give it a try when released.

Absolutely, that should be easy. I'll msg you if I need more information on how you setup units over there.

Sent from my iPhone using WPCentral Forums

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Atmosphere is coming soon, a clean but full-featured weather app. Want to imp...

Made some changes to the UI last night:
ImageUploadedByWPCentral Forums1402489541.616853.jpgImageUploadedByWPCentral Forums1402489565.408685.jpg
Forecast.io integration is 70% complete, those images are slightly outdated.

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Atmosphere is coming soon, a clean but full-featured weather app. Want to improve the UI?

I am now announcing that MINUTE BY MINUTE forecasting will be in the app. This was not previously planned. If all goes well, times will be grouped together into a timeline to make it very readable.

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

If you want to make this a serious weather app and not just one of many that tells you the weather then you need to include Level2 radar data and the TDWR stations as well. I would gladly pay for an app that gives me all the Level2 radar data that is available on a clean and adjustable UI.

Upon doing some more research, TDWR stations won't be there at release. This does not eliminate the option of it coming later.

TheMightyCraken

May 6, 2014
Visit site

A quick question... what's the difference between the trial and full? Maybe toy can remove some features and unlock them in the full version... you might also want to submit this app for review here at WPCentral for more downloads.

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Atmosphere is coming soon, a clean but full-featured weather app. Want to imp...

A quick question... what's the difference between the trial and full? Maybe toy can remove some features and unlock them in the full version... you might also want to submit this app for review here at WPCentral for more downloads.

Not exactly sure yet but most likely:
Trial:
- no radar (or map fixed to example location)
- no minutely forecast
- no sunrise/sunset
- nag screen upon opening

Absolutely no advertisements at all.

And I will submit it after it gets to a finished state.

Also cards have been spaced out.

Last edited:

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Atmosphere is coming soon - a clean, modern weather app with advanced features.

Thread has been updated with latest releases including screenshots and up-to-date news. It was at least two weeks behind previously. Check the first post.

TheMightyCraken

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: Atmosphere is coming soon - a clean, modern weather app with advanced features.

Will you give the ability to make the tile transparent or not? (When its not displaying the info, just the logo)...WPCentral had an article on how to do it (with the code)

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Atmosphere is coming soon - a clean, modern weather app with advanced features.

Will you give the ability to make the tile transparent or not? (When its not displaying the info, just the logo)...WPCentral had an article on how to do it (with the code)

Most likely, but I don't know if any live tile customization will be there in 1.0

Edit: When displaying the logo, yes.

wpfanboy17

May 10, 2014
Visit site

What's the release date for this app? I would suggest you to release this app first ( if not done already) and then improvise it. :)

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Atmosphere is coming soon - a clean, modern weather app with advanced features.

What's the release date for this app? I would suggest you to release this app first ( if not done already) and then improvise it. :)

Targeting the end of next week, not counting a short closed beta.

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

Also would you want me to translate it?

My API automatically translates most strings, but there are a few things that still need manual translation. What languages can you translate to?

wpfanboy17

May 10, 2014
Visit site

Targeting the end of next week, not counting a short closed beta.

cool, eagerly waiting for it.. I really like the name of the app and the design.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077