[25K DOWNLOADS!] [Free] Atmosphere Weather - Official Thread

TheMightyCraken

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: Atmosphere is coming soon - a clean, modern weather app with advanced features.

My API automatically translates most strings, but there are a few things that still need manual translation. What languages can you translate to?

Sent from my iPhone using WPCentral Forums

I can translate to French

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Atmosphere is coming soon - a clean, modern weather app with advanced features.

Ok. I'll have to put in the code/backed required to support multiple languages. I'll pm you if/when I do this.

Sent from my iPhone using WPCentral Forums

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

A few images of the early builds of the live tile (Wide not shown as it is still heavily WIP)
Note that it may look done, but it does not yet update.

Of course, it fully supports 8.1 in that it supports background images and live accent color updating (You don't have to relaunch the app for a new accent color or background, for example, to take affect on this tile)

tile1.PNG
tile2.PNG

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

I'm now announcing that lock screen support will be in the app. More details coming soon.

Faraaz96

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

Your application looks promising and has a very good modern look... (y) if you're considering to release a beta. Count me in :) and good luck

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

Your application looks promising and has a very good modern look... (y) if you're considering to release a beta. Count me in :) and good luck

Thank you. I have been working on optimization and the tile at the moment, all of which are going very well. There will be a beta because performance, features, and usability are my top priorities. Any bugs are going to be fixed pre-release. Also implemented a whole new tile engine that uses usercontrols (XAML) to generate transparent PNGs. This allows me to run a background agent on less RAM and create better tiles, meaning 7.8 support may be a possibility.

TheMightyCraken

May 6, 2014
Visit site

Same here...Willing to help you squish any last-min pre-release bugs and difficulties...Thanks and please send me a PM to help you beta Test

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

Using my new tile engine that I discussed earlier, I implemented a new version of the live tile which is now working! Background agent seems to be very stable and is updating every thirty minutes, give or take. Added some translucency and shading to make it visible and more readable against other tiles.

-Posting lock screen images tomorrow or later, that's still WIP and is actually throwing errors.
-Tile customization and lock screen customization won't be in 1.0, but you will be able to set the background color of the app from the accent color to shades of black to match the rest of the OS.

Some screenshots: tile.ong.jpgtilesm.PNG

Brad Lambert

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site

I have been following this thread since its beginning. So excited for the beta, I am very apt for finding UI inconsistencies on HD devices like my 1520.

Live tile looks fantastic. UI is incredible. The forecast.io integration is the killer here, though. Keep up the great work and thank you for developing for Windows Phone!

TheMightyCraken

May 6, 2014
Visit site

Using my new tile engine that I discussed earlier, I implemented a new version of the live tile which is now working! Background agent seems to be very stable and is updating every thirty minutes, give or take. Added some translucency and shading to make it visible and more readable against other tiles.

-Posting lock screen images tomorrow or later, that's still WIP and is actually throwing errors.
-Tile customization and lock screen customization won't be in 1.0, but you will be able to set the background color of the app from the accent color to shades of black to match the rest of the OS.

Some screenshots: View attachment 70177View attachment 70178

Great job! It really good looking...you should really submit this app for review here at WPCentral. Are you going to make the transparent tile be able to toggle on and off?

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

@Kraken Absolutely going to submit when it launches. For the tile, Looking into that, but any tutorial/documentation is probably irrelevant because I render tiles differently. Doesn't matter, as i'll just write my own code. It is absolutely possible, it's just a matter of getting it done before release.

@Brad
Once again, thank you.

TheMightyCraken

May 6, 2014
Visit site

@Kraken Absolutely going to submit when it launches. For the tile, Looking into that, but any tutorial/documentation is probably irrelevant because I render tiles differently. Doesn't matter, as i'll just write my own code. It is absolutely possible, it's just a matter of getting it done before release.

@Brad
Once again, thank you.
oh thanks alot... lots of people would like to have the upper hand

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

First look at the "Dark" UI option, which will of course be available in settings. The dark theme saves battery life as it displays less color, and also some users may prefer it to the light UI. If you look closely, you'll also notice that I added the "Auto" option in the units selection box. This selects units for you based on current location and is the default option. If you're traveling, just override it in settings.
ui.PNG
ui2.PNG

TheMightyCraken

May 6, 2014
Visit site

How are got going to manage if people want to change between 2 diff. Places? Can you give us a sneek peek at the menu?

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

Menu isn't built yet but you would simply tap the location arrow similar to opening settings.

Brad Lambert

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm getting all of my friends pumped for this app. Any forecast.io weather app is something to be excited about. When do you expect the beta to begin? Just curious, take your time man!

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting all of my friends pumped for this app. Any forecast.io weather app is something to be excited about. When do you expect the beta to begin? Just curious, take your time man!

Great, and thank you for spreading the app around. I am expecting to enter beta late this weekend or if not, monday-Tuesday. I'm essentially finished - I just need to implement the trial mode and multiple locations. Yesterday, had quite a scare when Visual Studio crashed and I lost the main UI XAML file, but managed to decompile a test build to get the code back. That ended up taking all day and adding more time onto development.

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
With closed beta scheduled to begin tomorrow, I'm ready to start collecting Microsoft Account IDs for testing. Send them to me via E-mail at thekevinsmith@live.com (Include WPCentral username) or via WPCentral mail. I need this information to give you access to the beta. Thank you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire