[25K DOWNLOADS!] [Free] Atmosphere Weather - Official Thread

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: [NEWLY RELEASED] Atmosphere - Advanced Weather App

Are there any plans to put a 5 day look forward on the rear of the live tile or anything?
Sent from my awesome 1520 using Tapatalk

Absolutely. However, don't expect major feature updates soon. I have alot of bugs to work out first. I'm not going to add a new feature, which creates more bugs, when the existing ones are still there. I'm going to try to get it bug free by the 7th, when i'm going on vacation. After I get back, i'll add some features.

Minor features and UX improvements are coming soon, however. Namely, the collapsing UI when scrolling down is a top priority as I have multiple requests for that.

I have been receiving some complaints about the accuracy of the app. Suprising as Forecast.io is generally accurate, at least in my area. Obviously, this is an API issue. There's nothing I can do about it.

Last edited:

Leon_Fernandes

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site

I really like the design of your app, its using the modern design language of Windows Phone. However, I would suggest some changes to the app with respect to certain aspects

1. Please add weather images to the lock screen which depicts the current weather conditions (e.g. rainy, windy, sunny so on and so fourth. ) preferably with HD images (cause of 1080p devices) Which updates each time the weather data of the app is refreshed.
2. the "Updated" time stamp on the lock screen is to big (I feel) perhaps you could make it a bit smaller and place it towards the right side of the screen instead of directly on top.
3. A nice little weather icon (in the metro design language) on the lock screen on the left hand side wouldn't hurt, it would make it easier to read the info at a glance.

Its really hard to find a weather app that has the ability to have weather images on the lock screen update periodically, the only one I found so far is the accuweather app (Its quite nice actually), even amazing weather HD doesn't have it.

In5tigator if you can install these features would be very highly appreciated, I would even purchase the app then. (I really hope you incorporate these suggestions in your next app update)

I logged in just to provide you with my honest opinion (though I am regular on this site I don't usually log in)

naydencho

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site

Love the app, thank you! I read through this thread and I love your responsiveness to user feedback! :)

Quick question - are you planning to offer custom images for the lock screen? You hinted to some coming changes but not sure if this was one of them... To clarify, I'd like to be able to pick which picture is used to overlay the forecast for use in the lock screen, instead of what comes with the app. I can give you an example of at least one app (that I currently use) that offers that, if you need more details (PM me, I don't want give them free publicity here ;-) )

Thanks again and enjoy your vacation!

P.S. +1 for point #2 in comment 123 above.

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

I really like the design of your app, its using the modern design language of Windows Phone. However, I would suggest some changes to the app with respect to certain aspects

1. Please add weather images to the lock screen which depicts the current weather conditions (e.g. rainy, windy, sunny so on and so fourth. ) preferably with HD images (cause of 1080p devices) Which updates each time the weather data of the app is refreshed.
2. the "Updated" time stamp on the lock screen is to big (I feel) perhaps you could make it a bit smaller and place it towards the right side of the screen instead of directly on top.
3. A nice little weather icon (in the metro design language) on the lock screen on the left hand side wouldn't hurt, it would make it easier to read the info at a glance.

Its really hard to find a weather app that has the ability to have weather images on the lock screen update periodically, the only one I found so far is the accuweather app (Its quite nice actually), even amazing weather HD doesn't have it.

In5tigator if you can install these features would be very highly appreciated, I would even purchase the app then. (I really hope you incorporate these suggestions in your next app update)

I logged in just to provide you with my honest opinion (though I am regular on this site I don't usually log in)

Shouldn't be that hard although I have quite a feature backlog. I'll post my upcoming features later.

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

Love the app, thank you! I read through this thread and I love your responsiveness to user feedback! :)

Quick question - are you planning to offer custom images for the lock screen? You hinted to some coming changes but not sure if this was one of them... To clarify, I'd like to be able to pick which picture is used to overlay the forecast for use in the lock screen, instead of what comes with the app. I can give you an example of at least one app (that I currently use) that offers that, if you need more details (PM me, I don't want give them free publicity here ;-) )

Thanks again and enjoy your vacation!

P.S. +1 for point #2 in comment 123 above.

Absolutely planned. Thank you.

Marc43

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site

Hi - great start on this app..thank you...really like the UI. One question and a couple suggestions as may have already been suggested. Is there a way to have multiple tiles for each of my locations...seems to only be for the default location unless I am missing that option? Also I second..or one hundredth :) the request for a flip tile preferably with a daily or hourly graphic and or a radar screen grab if possible. I would be willing to pay extra as an IAP for the radar tile if necessary. Keep up the great work

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site

yep i too have a request, an option to change wind speed to KPH instead of MPS

thanks

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi - great start on this app..thank you...really like the UI. One question and a couple suggestions as may have already been suggested. Is there a way to have multiple tiles for each of my locations...seems to only be for the default location unless I am missing that option? Also I second..or one hundredth :) the request for a flip tile preferably with a daily or hourly graphic and or a radar screen grab if possible. I would be willing to pay extra as an IAP for the radar tile if necessary. Keep up the great work
Flip tile is coming soon. There is no way to add a tile for another location.

TheMightyCraken

May 6, 2014
Visit site

Flip tile is coming soon. There is no way to add a tile for another location.
Can't you just allow another location to be pinned?(It would really be helpful to see the weather of diff places strait from my Start Screen)...Thanks Alot

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

Just a question, isnt it possible to take the MPS from Forcast.io and make a formula that automatically converts it to KPH if requested by the User?

No, other things are more important right now. The formula would probably also create bugs that I don't want to create right now.

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

Can't you just allow another location to be pinned?(It would really be helpful to see the weather of diff places strait from my Start Screen)...Thanks Alot

It's not that simple. Once again, other features are more important and highly requested.

Timtcee

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Atmosphere is coming soon, a clean but full-featured weather app. Want to improve the UI?

just bought the App, looks great.... is there a way to make the radar map bigger?

Green Onion

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site

I don't normally post but this is a really nice app, by far the best looking weather app I've found and I'm picky about my weather apps. Your latest bugfix fixed the crashing issues on my US 1020 as well. :)

I think TheMightyCraken was saying those would be nice features for the future, once you're back from your vacation, not right away. I've read through the thread and I'd like to add my support to a request for a flip tile, being able to swipe from the daily view back to the detailed breakdown of that day, and more iconography and detail on the lockscreen (kind of like on Weather Flow or Weather Hound) and throughout the app. I don't think I saw this mentioned, but being able to use Bing daily images by region with the ability to toggle on or off a gradient behind the weather information would be insanely useful. And maybe a color picker for the accents. Not right away of course, and I bet they're already in the pipeline; just food for thought in the future I suppose.

Great, beautiful app especially for a 1.0. I'm impressed with your level of engagement and I followed you on twitter. Enjoy your vacation. :D

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
The following is likely coming before vacation:
- Back tile
- Flip from page 3 to 1, 1 to 3
- Possibly, custom backround images for lockscreen
- Screenshot of radar for trial
Everything else is scheduled afterwards.
Thank you for sugguestions.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss