dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
The following is likely coming before vacation:
- Back tile
- Flip from page 3 to 1, 1 to 3
- Possibly, custom backround images for lockscreen
- Screenshot of radar for trial
Everything else is scheduled afterwards.
Thank you for sugguestions.

These would be awesome! Wanted to make some similar suggestions during the beta, but got really busy. My only other style thought would be to use a bit of the space on the right side of the "header." Perhaps a bug on the radar map for current location.

GuilhermeManso

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: [NEWLY RELEASED] Atmosphere - Advanced Weather App

Hi. I am very excited about this app!! I am starting to using just right now and already loving!
Hope I can help translate it to Brazilian Portuguese.

About the lockscreen, I can suggest:
* Instagram feed fotos mosaic. Exactly the way the official app does, but with Forecast (I would pay the double for this!!);
* Bing Image of the day, but with the option to select from wich country I want the images (all apps that I saw with this dont offer this option, instead just use the Bing US);
* A option to show a image that reflects a weather change (shine from rainy as example). That image would appear during the 30 minutes after the weather change and after that the app would back to the selected image source. That would make the lockscreen a little more "dinamic";
* A icon that reflects the current weather alongside with the temperature: this make easier to see it in a glance;
* The "last updated" setence smaller and in the lower right corner of the screen. Is good to have this info in the screen, but the way it is now seams like this info have the same "value" that the other infos displayd, wich I dont think so.

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

Have a working version of the updated live tile features and radar. Fullscreen radar is opened by tapping the map.

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

1.1.1.3 Update submitted - providing live tile changes and a back tile which includes a five day forecast. All changes are exclusive to wide tile at this time. Timestamps now on back. Also, you can now tap the map to open radar.
radar.PNGfrontPNG.PNGback.PNG

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

TheMightyCraken

May 6, 2014
Visit site

I really like the design of your app, its using the modern design language of Windows Phone. However, I would suggest some changes to the app with respect to certain aspects

1. Please add weather images to the lock screen which depicts the current weather conditions (e.g. rainy, windy, sunny so on and so fourth. ) preferably with HD images (cause of 1080p devices) Which updates each time the weather data of the app is refreshed.
2. the "Updated" time stamp on the lock screen is to big (I feel) perhaps you could make it a bit smaller and place it towards the right side of the screen instead of directly on top.
3. A nice little weather icon (in the metro design language) on the lock screen on the left hand side wouldn't hurt, it would make it easier to read the info at a glance.

Its really hard to find a weather app that has the ability to have weather images on the lock screen update periodically, the only one I found so far is the accuweather app (Its quite nice actually), even amazing weather HD doesn't have it.

In5tigator if you can install these features would be very highly appreciated, I would even purchase the app then. (I really hope you incorporate these suggestions in your next app update)

I logged in just to provide you with my honest opinion (though I am regular on this site I don't usually log in)
Yeah, #1 and 3 are really wanted :) (numb 2 is done)

RobWuu

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site

Hi,

Just installed your weather app, and as someone who dabbles in design, I have to say kudos!
Wonderful example of what Modern/Metro design is all about :)

Just one little thing.... I set the units to Metric, and this is showing in the app and Live Tile, But NOT on the lock screen. There it still shows values in Imperial??

Am I missing something, or is this a little bug? ;-)

Cheers!!

Rob

p.s. sorry if this was already covered....

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

Hi,

Just installed your weather app, and as someone who dabbles in design, I have to say kudos!
Wonderful example of what Modern/Metro design is all about :)

Just one little thing.... I set the units to Metric, and this is showing in the app and Live Tile, But NOT on the lock screen. There it still shows values in Imperial??

Am I missing something, or is this a little bug? ;-)

Cheers!!

Rob

p.s. sorry if this was already covered....

Not a bug, just wait 30 minutes and you'll get the update via background agent. Updating lockscreen live in app proved to be too resource intensive.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

This is looking like a really nice app, thanks for writing this, it compliments Blue Skies for me and has shoved Amazing Weather HD off my start screen.

Just a few points from me here:-
1) For the live tile, I'd prefer to see the same font/size for the app name to be the same as the system apps (Photos, People, etc) - this would be good for visual consistency
2) The semi-circle next to the sunrise/sunset is static for me - I understand this used to have the daylight progress?
3) Description text for the weather conditions are truncated to the right if the description is too wide for the screen (e.g. "Drizzle starting in the afternoon, continuin")
4) On the settings screen, there's no visual feedback of whether tile transparency is on or off
5) I'm not a big fan of the darker bar along the bottom of the wide live tile.

But so far so good - looking forward to seeing where this app goes to.

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

This is looking like a really nice app, thanks for writing this, it compliments Blue Skies for me and has shoved Amazing Weather HD off my start screen.

Just a few points from me here:-
1) For the live tile, I'd prefer to see the same font/size for the app name to be the same as the system apps (Photos, People, etc) - this would be good for visual consistency
2) The semi-circle next to the sunrise/sunset is static for me - I understand this used to have the daylight progress?
3) Description text for the weather conditions are truncated to the right if the description is too wide for the screen (e.g. "Drizzle starting in the afternoon, continuin")
4) On the settings screen, there's no visual feedback of whether tile transparency is on or off
5) I'm not a big fan of the darker bar along the bottom of the wide live tile.

But so far so good - looking forward to seeing where this app goes to.

1) Name is just a placeholder that will be replaced with current location sooner then later. (Front side only)
2) That's a bug, fix incoming. Yes, it does show daylight progress.
3) Forecast.io has long discriptions sometimes. Nothing that I can do about that other then have it truncate until I update the 7-day/7-hour design.
4) I'll re-add the messageboxes
5) That will look more "In place" once I add the current location to the tile.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

3) Why not simply wrap the text?
4) Instead of message boxes, I'd suggest using a toggle switch for transparency on/off. It'll be consistent with other apps that way.

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

3) Why not simply wrap the text?
4) Instead of message boxes, I'd suggest using a toggle switch for transparency on/off. It'll be consistent with other apps that way.

3) It would coverge onto the precip/cloud cover chances and cause problems with that. I have to figure out a way to move the whole UI down before wrapping text.
4) Probably will do that.

JasonKruys

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site

Wow, rapid updates! Great work, this is really shaping up nicely. Thanks for your efforts! It's Devs like yourself that I think set windows phone apart from the others.
Sent from my awesome 1520 using Tapatalk

RobWuu

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site

Not a bug, just wait 30 minutes and you'll get the update via background agent. Updating lockscreen live in app proved to be too resource intensive.

Hi,

Still no Metrics here ;-)
I've tried turning off background tasks, restart the app, restart my phone. No go so far.

Sorry...

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

Hi,

Still no Metrics here ;-)
I've tried turning off background tasks, restart the app, restart my phone. No go so far.

Sorry...

I'll look into the problem.

EDIT: Looks like I forgot to register the string IsMetric (this is the current units setting string) as the unit provider on the lockscreen agent. Fixed.

Last edited:

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site

How do I get a refund ?? I bought it because the live tile didn't flip and now you've changed it and not given the option to keep the live tile static.
Please pm me

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

How do I get a refund ?? I bought it because the live tile didn't flip and now you've changed it and not given the option to keep the live tile static.
Please pm me

I don't have any app proceeds yet as Microsoft holds funds. You'd have to ask microsoft

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss