[25K DOWNLOADS!] [Free] Atmosphere Weather - Official Thread

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: [NEWLY RELEASED] Atmosphere - Advanced Weather App

This is looking like a really nice app, thanks for writing this, it compliments Blue Skies for me and has shoved Amazing Weather HD off my start screen.

Just a few points from me here:-
1) For the live tile, I'd prefer to see the same font/size for the app name to be the same as the system apps (Photos, People, etc) - this would be good for visual consistency
2) The semi-circle next to the sunrise/sunset is static for me - I understand this used to have the daylight progress?
3) Description text for the weather conditions are truncated to the right if the description is too wide for the screen (e.g. "Drizzle starting in the afternoon, continuin")
4) On the settings screen, there's no visual feedback of whether tile transparency is on or off
5) I'm not a big fan of the darker bar along the bottom of the wide live tile.

But so far so good - looking forward to seeing where this app goes to.

Latest update is well underway, fixing the following:
1) Completely removed app name and replaced it with current location
2) Fixed
3) Explained below, nothing done here
4) Fixed with slider control
5) As stated below, now looks like it should be there following the current location feature above.

Also in this release:
- Radar improvements, possibly animation. Not sure yet. (EDIT: Radar layers: Cloud cover radar!)
- Refresh radar
- Possible: Change background image on lock (EDIT: Cancelled in favor of features in edit block)
- "Auto" units setting that select based on current location. Note that this disables multiple locations.
EDIT:
- Support for having location off
-UI Bugfixes
-
Note that this will be the last rapid update for some time.

Last edited:

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

so you could instead given an option for the live tile ???

You're the only one that requests that. Unless more people request it, i'll get to it when I get to it. I have things that hundreds of users are begging for. Those things come first.

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site

You're the only one that requests that. Unless more people request it, i'll get to it when I get to it. I have things that hundreds of users are begging for. Those things come first.

Wow nice attitude.

RobWuu

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site

Hi,

Great update speeds!! :)

Reinstalled the app, and will see if the lockscreen will update now.
One thing about that, I would really love to keep my Bing screen if possible, in a future update.

Love it where this app is going, Looks terrific!!

Edit:

- A note on the lockscreen image/overlay. If you switch the lockscreen BG from Atmosphere Weather to Bing and back to Atmosphere Weather, the info data isn't showing anymore. It's gone. It seems switching backgrounds is confusing the app somehow for the overlay data.
- Small UI thing, the / sign between temperature data is black, as to all other text and/or data is white (or off white). My OCD really wants it to be a white color as well ;-)

cheers!

Last edited:

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

Hi,

Great update speeds!! :)

Reinstalled the app, and will see if the lockscreen will update now.
One thing about that, I would really love to keep my Bing screen if possible, in a future update.

Love it where this app is going, Looks terrific!!

Edit:

- A note on the lockscreen image/overlay. If you switch the lockscreen BG from Atmosphere Weather to Bing and back to Atmosphere Weather, the info data isn't showing anymore. It's gone. It seems switching backgrounds is confusing the app somehow for the overlay data.
- Small UI thing, the / sign between temperature data is black, as to all other text and/or data is white (or off white). My OCD really wants it to be a white color as well ;-)

cheers!

1) Have you tried clicking "set lockscreen" then waiting 30 mins? I'll make it instant next update.
2) I'll fix that.It'll take me about five minutes, and shouldn't be much of a problem.

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

1.2 is out. The changes are as follows:
- Cached data loading
- View data from last run without waiting for load
- No more large spinning loading screen
- Use app without location services enabled
- Radar improvements
- Refresh Radar
- Radar layers (Cloud cover and precip)
- Current location on live tile
- "Auto units" mode
- Preparing to enable custom lockscreen backrounds. This update helps get atmosphere ready to support this feature.
- Fixed bugs with sunrise/sunset animation.
- Live tile transparency status indicator
- More compact, better settings screen
- Fixed some issues with lockscreen
- Minor UI ajustments

Expect slower releases from this point forward. Post-launch rapid updates are designed to quickly add missing features and fix any critical bugs.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site

In Settings, I can't select any units for temperature, only Imperial/Customary.....

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site

Thanks. Been watching your progress with this app. Really excellent work!!!!
I used to use Amazing Weather HD, but have switched to this, as the Live Tile is better. Looking forward to other planned features too...

Good luck, and enjoy your 'holiday'... Yeah I'm from the UK. LOL....

TheMightyCraken

May 6, 2014
Visit site

Just one quick suggestion, the update time that is on the back of the tile is a bit misleading because it doesn't have a label... it would seem that it is the time. Thanks

trekgraham

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site

Any chance of Pushed Alerts with ability to choose what alerts you care about

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers