[25K DOWNLOADS!] [Free] Atmosphere Weather - Official Thread

TheMightyCraken

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: [NEWLY RELEASED] Atmosphere - Advanced Weather App

Everything I ever build will be 0.99. I don't believe in advertising in app as I can't control the experience. Free is out of the question (Without IAP). I'm looking into making it similar in UI to atmosphere, if not better.

Keep us updated! :)

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Guys, I've cleaned up the tail end of this thread. The app developer has confirmed that there won't be a free version of this app and has given his reasons.

Please accept this and move along with discussion of the app.

RobWuu

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site

Returning to the app discussion, my lock screen info will not update. Even after the latest version.
It does change when I manually open the app, close it again and go back to the lockscreen.
I can see the 'update <time>' has changed now.

It will not do this on it's own. That's the only thing now.
I like the new animated sunrise/sunset icon, nice touch.

To add to that, and I don't know if it's a request of more people, but adding moon data as well would really complete this one.
But most weather related databases/sites don't give that info, so it might not be possible in this case.

rob

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

I'll probably do that once I get back @Kraken
@Trek Responded
@Rob No other instances of this issue were reported will look into it when I get back. Moon data is wip and possible
@Aperture Thank you for cleaning the spam.

Last edited:

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

As many may have noticed due to my increased activity, I am back in Miami after taking a trip to the Bahamas by ship. Due to the fact I am no longer paying for Roaming, I can be more active here and reopen this thread. I am still suspending updates for the next two weeks as I am still on vacation.

RobWuu

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site

Hi,

Just to eliminate some things, I uninstalled the app, restarted the phone twice before re-installing Atmosphere Weather again.
But the info on the lockscreen still isn't updating. It only does that when I had the weather app opened manually.

It could be my phone, or some other odd thing though.

Oh... a Win8 app would be great too! Nice to see this universal app thing starting to work. :)

rob

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

Hi,

Just to eliminate some things, I uninstalled the app, restarted the phone twice before re-installing Atmosphere Weather again.
But the info on the lockscreen still isn't updating. It only does that when I had the weather app opened manually.

It could be my phone, or some other odd thing though.

Oh... a Win8 app would be great too! Nice to see this universal app thing starting to work. :)

rob

This issue seems to be phone and OS specific, as it has been reported before but very intermittently. I'd just recommend disabling the lock screen support until its fixed.

RobWuu

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site

Hi,

It looks like WP8.1 is available for my L625 over here (NL), so I'll update the phone today and see what happens.
Not sure if this is possible, but I would love to have my Bing/own photo lockscreen with the weather info on top. Basically treat it like a notification icon.

cheers,
rob

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

Hi,

It looks like WP8.1 is available for my L625 over here (NL), so I'll update the phone today and see what happens.
Not sure if this is possible, but I would love to have my Bing/own photo lockscreen with the weather info on top. Basically treat it like a notification icon.

cheers,
rob

My own dev device is now having this exact problem, 925 on 8.1... I guess it may be a wider issue.

masgoendoel

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site

Hi dev i am just buy your app
And i suggestion in next update please add km/h on metrik unit (now m/s)
Please add weather prediction hour by hour on back side tile
Please add icon on tile n backside
Like weather bing
please add automatic search on adding location
Sory for my add english
I hope you add feedback feature on this app
salam from indonesia :D

Last edited:

brunoadduarte

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site

I don't know if it has been suggested by now, but I'm kinda sleepy to read the whole thread and just want to chime in before turning in. Would it be possible to add favourite locations? I like the info updating based on where I'm at, however, being able to have another two or three locations added would help me see how's the weather on the location I'm about to go to. This is mainly useful for people who move around the same locations throughout the week.

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

I don't know if it has been suggested by now, but I'm kinda sleepy to read the whole thread and just want to chime in before turning in. Would it be possible to add favourite locations? I like the info updating based on where I'm at, however, being able to have another two or three locations added would help me see how's the weather on the location I'm about to go to. This is mainly useful for people who move around the same locations throughout the week.
That's been there since launch, just tap the location arrow.

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi dev i am just buy your app
And i suggestion in next update please add km/h on metrik unit (now m/s)
Please add weather prediction hour by hour on back side tile
Please add icon on tile n backside
Like weather bing
please add automatic search on adding location
Sory for my add english
I hope you add feedback feature on this app
salam from indonesia :D

I can change to km/h, but the second suggestion probably not.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos