[25K DOWNLOADS!] [Free] Atmosphere Weather - Official Thread

brunoadduarte

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: [NEWLY RELEASED] Atmosphere - Advanced Weather App

That's been there since launch, just tap the location arrow.

Nice! Hadn't noticed it before, thanks. Would it be possible though, to swipe between locations? Maybe a swipe to the side on the temperature and current weather could take you to your next added location.

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Nice! Hadn't noticed it before, thanks. Would it be possible though, to swipe between locations? Maybe a swipe to the side on the temperature and current weather could take you to your next added location.

I Doubt it, mainly due to how it could conflict with the panorama control in the lower half of the screen. If I find a way that works, however, I will do this.

Pieter Wolff

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site

Hi Kevin,
This is by far my favourite weather app but....each time it updates the wide live tile goes blank exept for the words Atmosphere Weather at the bottom. Of course location is switched on and I am well within the limit of background tasks.
As soon as I open the app the wide tile shows all the info till the next update. Any idea what could cause this?
Pieter in sunny Cape Town.
If you pm me I can send you a screenshot.

JasonKruys

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site

Hi Pieter, maybe you are just a little too impatient? My tile goes blank on update, for a few seconds, then the updated data appears- perhaps you are a bit quick to click on the tile, and if you left it it would update as usual?

Sent from my awesome 1520 using Tapatalk

Pieter Wolff

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the suggestion Jason, but the front of the tile stays blank until I reopen the app again. Strangely enough the back of the tile does show 5 day temperature forecast. And because I like this app so much it frustrates me no end!
Any suggestions or fellow frustraters are welcome..
Pieter

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion Jason, but the front of the tile stays blank until I reopen the app again. Strangely enough the back of the tile does show 5 day temperature forecast. And because I like this app so much it frustrates me no end!
Any suggestions or fellow frustraters are welcome..
Pieter

This bug has never been reported before, and is one of those things that I can't fix unless I can reproduce it in an emulator with debugging enabled. If I knew where to start, it would be fixable. The only thing that I can recommend is to simply wait for future updates, as sometimes a feature addition results in a code rewrite of the area that is causing the bug, therefore fixing it.

It is supposed to go blank for a few seconds while creating the updated tile, bit no more then that.

trekgraham

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site

Biggest thing I wanna see Weather alerts via toast alerts,animated radar, and expanded hourly forecast(in that order)

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

I trust you had a good break? Awesome effort you are putting into this - thanks. I look forward to see what you have planned for us as this app develops.

Of course. Planning quite a few things for the next version, namely a suite of storm tracking features, more themes, weather alerts, and moon info, to name a few new features, with an android/ios/win8 port probably the next major update.

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I need to find a source of radar map tiles that allows it and is free, so probably not. Once I find that, the actual implementation will be rather simple.

trekgraham

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site

Ah for some reason there is sometimes a descent delay on alerting I got updates, I got a little spoiled by Google Play and iOS 7 with auto updating

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

The update isn't out yet, the recent posts are a teaser of upcoming features. It'll be a few days still. I guess the format of the earlier posts may have been confusing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05