[25K DOWNLOADS!] [Free] Atmosphere Weather - Official Thread

trekgraham

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: [NEWLY RELEASED] Atmosphere - Advanced Weather App

Lol I meant that I am waiting for the update for Windows Phone 8.1
I'm patiently waiting for your update too :)

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

Encountered quite a few setbacks with the severe weather system. Delaying the update as it is quite buggy and, to be honest, a mess of exceptions and errors. Light theme also seems to be causing some problems with font colors. Everything else is working fine.

trekgraham

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site

I'm surprised that forecast.io doesn't have a way to animate the radar. I imagine its a basic loop of radar images from x hours to current with a speed to display it correctly. I was wondering how do you see the min by min forecast? Currently in a storm and can't find it. I'm in Tennessee

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

I'm surprised that forecast.io doesn't have a way to animate the radar. I imagine its a basic loop of radar images from x hours to current with a speed to display it correctly. I was wondering how do you see the min by min forecast? Currently in a storm and can't find it. I'm in Tennessee

Take a look at the "this hour" section. If it's supported in your area, it will say [storm] stopping in [x] minutes, etc.

Forecast does have a way to animate the radar, but I don't use that for a radar source. Why? Because they don't allow developers to access their radar. Quite annoying to say the least.

Edit: Animated radar can be that basic, but it can also be VERY advanced in order to make the image smooth. It can almost be a video [in quality and FPS] if done properly. I'm going to make it like that if I make it. I'm not going to make a choppy 1 fps radar GIF.

trekgraham

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site

I understand now, so that's min by min :) so forecast.io don't allow you to use their radar? That's messed up

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

I understand now, so that's min by min :) so forecast.io don't allow you to use their radar? That's messed up

Exactly - they restrict that feature so their "Dark Sky" iOS App can't be touched by the competition... I'm also looking into making the minute by minute a graph for readability, but that's not in the next update.

trekgraham

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site

Animation really only shows the path the weather is taking. Will you implement voice commands eventually?

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

Animation really only shows the path the weather is taking. Will you implement voice commands eventually?

Voice commands are actually in the next update, but you can only ask cortana what the weather is like or a similar prompt and it opens the app. This just opens the gateway for more advanced voice commands, something which will be coming.

Green Onion

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site

Really like the latest update. :)

This is kind of a minor nitpick, but is there a possibility that you could add an indicator on the live tile that there's an alert? I understand if there are more pressing issues. And a way to scroll the text of really long alerts would be great too.

RobWuu

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site

Just updated the app, nice additions! Moon info! woot!! :)
Now we need more info on the tile ;-)

-Two little things:
- The two additional panes for weather forecasts don't load any numbers.
It says "Couldn't load data". Not sure if this is an issue at Forecast, or the app.
Oddly enough the info is there on the backside of the tile.?

- The visibility is in 'miles' despite my "Metric" setting in the preferences.

cheers!

rob

trekgraham

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site

Yes I love the new update! I'd say severe weather alerts via toasts would be last major thing I wanna see. I don't even believe animated radar is even needed. Spit and polish the gem :) if you add any more data maybe add another tab?

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720