[25K DOWNLOADS!] [Free] Atmosphere Weather - Official Thread

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: [NEWLY RELEASED] Atmosphere - Advanced Weather App

Yes I love the new update! I'd say severe weather alerts via toasts would be last major thing I wanna see. I don't even believe animated radar is even needed. Spit and polish the gem :) if you add any more data maybe add another tab?

You may not believe it's needed, but quite a few people do. Extra features are still some time after the Win8 release.

RobWuu

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site

Hi Kevin,

The latest update (This morning) crashes on startup - flip tile does work-
It -also- crashes my phone, so I have to do a soft restart.... :-\

Un/re-installed, same result.

sorry,

rob

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

@Rob I know, all of these crashes and bugs that come with the latest version will degrade the experience until I get 1.3.1 out, which will basically reprogram some sections of the app which have been known to be troublesome. Once I get that out, the app's code should be relatively redundant to withstand things failing (Ex, no longer crashing if a specific forecast item is missing in a location, just hide said item)

1.3.1 should be out by tomorrow

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

Requests sent to some of my Chinese customers reguarding Manadarin translation, as this is a huge market for Atmosphere and is second only to the USA. I'm awaiting responses on that. Following localization there, I will PM translators which have already requested to translate for any other relevant markets.

TheMightyCraken

May 6, 2014
Visit site

Requests sent to some of my Chinese customers reguarding Manadarin translation, as this is a huge market for Atmosphere and is second only to the USA. I'm awaiting responses on that. Following localization there, I will PM translators which have already requested to translate for any other relevant markets.
I can translate to French and Arabic :) I have already translated more than 5 apps already :)

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

I can translate to French and Arabic :) I have already translated more than 5 apps already :)

After the Chinese translation (Which is whenever the guy responds to my email, lol) i'll move on to other languages. French/Arabic isn't a major rush for me as it is a very minor market, but any additional languages are welcome.

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

Upcoming Features Roadmap (Windows Phone):
- Set Bing Image of the day as a theme background (This looks GREAT)
- Chinese Translation
- UI Fixes
- [POSSIBLE, MAY NOT BE RELEASED] Live tile customization
Windows 8 (Pre-release):
- Making locations save
- Adding radar (The same as WP8, US-Only)
- Looking into live tile. Not sure if there will be one in the first version as the protocols for using this differ.

And yes, it will be a universal app!

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Atmosphere Weather - Simple, modern, and powerful.

Gave the thread a remodel, which will coincide with the launch of Atmosphereweather.com soon after the Win8 launch.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Hi Kevin, the latest updates look great. I just have the one small bug report (same as one reported a few posts up, although for a different measurement system). I have my measurements set up for UK, which gives me "miles" for everything. Except that the visibility is in KM. I suspect it should be an easy fix.

Looking forward to seeing the new version and the Windows 8 version as well.

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

Hi Kevin, the latest updates look great. I just have the one small bug report (same as one reported a few posts up, although for a different measurement system). I have my measurements set up for UK, which gives me "miles" for everything. Except that the visibility is in KM. I suspect it should be an easy fix.

Looking forward to seeing the new version and the Windows 8 version as well.

Ok, i'll probably fix that when the new version launches.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

No hurry, Kevin. Not as though it's breaking anything :D

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: [NEW] Atmosphere Weather - Simple, modern, and powerful.

- Chinese translation received. Updating within the coming weeks. Following this, other translators will be contacted.
- Code for 8.1 app complete. No radar. Tile unlikely, however may still be possible, however the chance is small.
- Release sometime this week.
- Press contacted tomorrow

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre