[25K DOWNLOADS!] [Free] Atmosphere Weather - Official Thread

trekgraham

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: [NOW ON WINDOWS 8.1] Atmosphere Weather - Simple, modern, and powerful.

Is there any way to make scrolling easier for those on laptops without a touch screen

Green Onion

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
[NOW ON WINDOWS 8.1] Atmosphere Weather - Simple, modern, and powerful.

The windows app is great. :) The most glaring negative I can think of is the smushed views when things are snapped.

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

Preparing an update for Tomorrow/Friday which will fix live tile problems and add new features.

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

Preparing an update for Tomorrow/Friday which will fix live tile problems and add new features.

RobWuu

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site

Hi Kevin,

Will this update have a fix for the units issues I'm having? It keeps reverting back to Imperial, instead of metric. Very annoying ;-)

cheers!

rob

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site

Hi Kevin,

Will this update have a fix for the units issues I'm having? It keeps reverting back to Imperial, instead of metric. Very annoying ;-)

cheers!

rob

i have the same problem which i have emailed you about & still waiting for a responce.

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

The update has been submitted, here is the changelog:

Update 1.4.1:
- Fixed live tiles not updating
- Fixed "failed to initialize content"
- Weather alerts no longer obstruct content
- New live tile designs
- UI refinements
- Fixed temperature graph not showing
- Radar view now uses an angle to show a storm from a different view.
- It may fix the issues with units reverting as the "failed to initialize content" issue is the root cause of that one.
- Live tile now uses m/s in metric

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Cool. Just got the update on my phone!
On my phone, it is difficult to see the radar now. I have to click on it to get the full view, otherwise it's like it's behind the background color. Does that make sense? Thanks!

Last edited:

Susmit257

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site

live tile issues are still there ... Failed to detect location on live tile, its showing unknown...

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

Cool. Just got the update on my phone!
On my phone, it is difficult to see the radar now. I have to click on it to get the full view, otherwise it's like it's behind the background color. Does that make sense? Thanks!

It's supposed to be like that, however I might decrease the transparency slightly. I'm trying to eliminate a few complaints of the UI being less beautiful on 1.4 then 1.1-1.3.

EDIT: Made it a bit more visible as of the latest hotfix which also fixes a few random issues which appeared with today's update.

Last edited:

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

live tile issues are still there ... Failed to detect location on live tile, its showing unknown...

That's out of my control. I don't have any control over how your phone determines your location, or if it does so correctly.

Susmit257

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site

That's out of my control. I don't have any control over how your phone determines your location, or if it does so correctly.

But before the last two updates it worked fine , i really loved it ... Even in 2g slow connection it kept on updating weather and location timely and accurately... :/ but now it doesn't

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

But before the last two updates it worked fine , i really loved it ... Even in 2g slow connection it kept on updating weather and location timely and accurately... :/ but now it doesn't

The weather updating has been fixed and works as it always has now. Location is determined by the OS, meaning that if the OS returns "Unknown" as the location, that's what my app displays. Have you updated your OS recently?

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site

It's supposed to be like that, however I might decrease the transparency slightly. I'm trying to eliminate a few complaints of the UI being less beautiful on 1.4 then 1.1-1.3.

EDIT: Made it a bit more visible as of the latest hotfix which also fixes a few random issues which appeared with today's update.

Thanks. I really do like the app. 😊

Susmit257

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site

The weather updating has been fixed and works as it always has now. Location is determined by the OS, meaning that if the OS returns "Unknown" as the location, that's what my app displays. Have you updated your OS recently?

I am on Dp8.1.1 cyan since last month...

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site

I updated and see its a bit more transparent. Didn't it used to be 100% visible? I don't remember it ever being difficult to see before. Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss