[25K DOWNLOADS!] [Free] Atmosphere Weather - Official Thread

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: [NOW ON WINDOWS 8.1] Atmosphere Weather - Simple, modern, and powerful.

I updated and see its a bit more transparent. Didn't it used to be 100% visible? I don't remember it ever being difficult to see before. Thanks!

Yes it was, but it was only a half window. Transparency is there now to make the nearest storm information visible and to make your theme color affect the color of the map.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Yes it was, but it was only a half window. Transparency is there now to make the nearest storm information visible and to make your theme color affect the color of the map.

Thanks. Hard to have both I guess. 😊
My live tile still isn't updating, and now I get unknown on it which never happened before. Also, the storm section says, or unsupported location.

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

Thanks. Hard to have both I guess. 😊
My live tile still isn't updating, and now I get unknown on it which never happened before. Also, the storm section says, or unsupported location.

If it says "Unknown" that means it is updating. It is possible that the front of the tile is updating and the back of it is not.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
If it says "Unknown" that means it is updating. It is possible that the front of the tile is updating and the back of it is not.

Okay. I normally go by the timestamp on the tile to see the last upset. When I posted my previous post, it had been over 3 hours, and the time stamp had not changed for 9 hours now.

EDIT- I uninstalled and reinstalled it so e will see if that helps. Not that it matters, but I think I like the old tile layout better. I also liked being able to see the radar clearly from the main screen. I still love the app. I only use two weather apps now. 😊

Last edited:

RobWuu

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site

Had to reinstall the app, as it stated the settings were not usable anymore. Makes sense, as the settings option wasn't working anymore ;-)

So after a removal/reinstall, all seems to work again. Really like all the small tinckering on the UI all the time, looks better and better every update.

rob

Susmit257

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site

After an uninstall and reinstall, live tile is still not updating...

Same for me... After a few mins its showing unknown and current temp, max /min temp everything becomes same... Hours after hours no changes...

brunoadduarte

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site

I can confirm this. I open the app, the location updates, but a few minutes after closing, the tile just shows Unknown.

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site

Ive given up with this app & moved on, sometimes developers should know when they have a good thing and leave it alone.

Susmit257

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Ive given up with this app & moved on, sometimes developers should know when they have a good thing and leave it alone.

i have also given up with this app... I'm using Appy weather now. It's smooth simple accurate and updates weather regularly even in offline.

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

Don't give up yet, with the live tile at least. The updating issue is very complex and was caused by multiple bugs in both the background agent and app itself. I've been trying to find the source of the problem and solve it, something I hope to get done soon.

Anyone wondering why the live tile was redesigned - it no longer "looked right" following removal of rain precentage in 1.4, which was done in order for me to make the tile free on my side. This is in preparation to make the app free for a short time!

EDIT: Appears that the live tile is functioning fine, but the actual app isn't telling the phone to launch a background task.

Last edited:

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site

I am not trying to be an ***, but if my roof is leaking, I don't go out and paint the garage. I would imagine that having a working live tile should be a pretty high priority, if not #1. I mean, isn't that a huge feature of Windows (phone and PC).
I am not telling you what to do, its your app, but as a consumer, and someone who has purchased your product, I am currently disappointed. Hopefully the live tile is fixed soon. I still have the app installed, but for the first time since it was released, it is no longer pinned.

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I am not trying to be an ***, but if my roof is leaking, I don't go out and paint the garage. I would imagine that having a working live tile should be a pretty high priority, if not #1. I mean, isn't that a huge feature of Windows (phone and PC).
I am not telling you what to do, its your app, but as a consumer, and someone who has purchased your product, I am currently disappointed. Hopefully the live tile is fixed soon. I still have the app installed, but for the first time since it was released, it is no longer pinned.

I have a web developer working on the web aspect of things, and that was who created this UI for web, Android, and Windows. I implemented it in XAML, which took about a day. Everything will be released concurrently when its ready. I've been improving the live tile and have, for the past few days, had a beta version of it on my home screen which has been updating more often, but still not as often as I'd like.

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

Major progress made today in regards to the tile, windows 8, and more. None of this is released yet.
- Tile agent now more stable and will try/catch basically everything, eliminating agent crashes which caused it to not update occasionally.
- Finished the new Win8 app. Completely done.
- Atmosphere UI only ported to Android XML.
- Built a web-based radar system for rapid updates to the radar/changes to the maps without an update. Makes animated and international radar a simpler project once implemented across both platforms. I might eventually be able to extend this to other functions as well. Currently to be tested on the new Windows 8 app, and if it proves successful, moved to Windows Phone.
- Backend of my Atmosphere web service. I'm going to move away from forecast.io if that ever gets done.

EDIT:
All known tile problems have been resolved. It, when released tomorrow, will be more stable then ever before.

I'll test it for the rest of today and release it tomorrow night.

Last edited:

Susmit257

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site

Still no change... The main temp and max/min becomes same after 2 -3 mins of pinning the apps in home screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo