[25K DOWNLOADS!] [Free] Atmosphere Weather - Official Thread

RobWuu

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: [NOW ON WINDOWS 8.1] Atmosphere Weather - Simple, modern, and powerful.

Hi,

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's broken now.
After upgrading to this latest version, I keep getting an error message on startup about a initialization error of the live tile service, and to reinstall the app.

I did that three times, and even rebooted the phone twice. Still giving me the same error. :-\

Susmit257

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: [NOW ON WINDOWS 8.1] Atmosphere Weather - Simple, modern, and powerful.

Hi,

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's broken now.
After upgrading to this latest version, I keep getting an error message on startup about a initialization error of the live tile service, and to reinstall the app.

I did that three times, and even rebooted the phone twice. Still giving me the same error. :-\

Same error messages for me also. But the live tile is actually working fine now like it did before. :) but looks too ordinary.. Only needs a live tile design make over...

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
It's not broken, the live tile should still work, as should the app. The error is being thrown due to bad code within the same try/catch as the live tile service. Fix in submission now.

Also, if anyone is wondering, I'm holding the Windows 8.1 update until all of the phone bugs are fixed.

Last edited:

Susmit257

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
It's not broken, the live tile should still work, as should the app. The error is being thrown due to bad code within the same try/catch as the live tile service. Fix in submission now.

Also, if anyone is wondering, I'm holding the Windows 8.1 update until all of the phone bugs are fixed.

working fine now ...only Needs liitle attractive live tile

Last edited:

Susmit257

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: Atmosphere Weather - Official Thread

hey Kevin, the main temp and high/ low again started showing the same on the live tiles. Location detection and timely updates are fine.

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

hey Kevin, the main temp and high/ low again started showing the same on the live tiles. Location detection and timely updates are fine.

I think the high/low is pulling the hourly instead of the daily highs/lows. Shouldn't be too hard to fix if that is indeed the problem.

skugg

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site

I had to uninstall it - the live tile was not updating properly - so I could reinstall, just to notices that the store requires me to buy the app again. It's not that I didn't want to pay for it for the second time, but just so I'd know...do I have to re-buy this app every single time I end up uninstalling it for whatever reason?

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site

I had to uninstall it - the live tile was not updating properly - so I could reinstall, just to notices that the store requires me to buy the app again. It's not that I didn't want to pay for it for the second time, but just so I'd know...do I have to re-buy this app every single time I end up uninstalling it for whatever reason?

Apps shouldn't charge you again. It says buy/purchase, but if you click on it, the next screen, where you select your payment and confirm, will say you already own it and would you like to install it.

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

I have no control if it charges you again - Microsoft handles all transactions and locks my money away in an account I cannot touch for months after I make it. You should contact microsoft about that as I can't do anything about it myself.

All I can recommend is to check your microsoft account. It will do this if:
- You are using a different account then the one you used to purchase Atmosphere initially.
- It may possibly do this if you change major settings such as your country or some billing info.

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site

Once again, the only time the live tile updates is after entering the app...which kinda defeats the purpose of a live tile.

As of this writing, 7:35 pm EST Sunday 12/14/2014, the 5 day forecast in the backside of the tile is showing weather from Thursday the 11th through Monday the 15th, the temperature on the front side is showing 15 degrees warmer than it is, and it's not misting...it was Thursday morning, but it's clear as a bell out.

This issue keeps cropping up for Atmosphere Weather. I've never had an app that kept losing the "Live" part of Live Tile as much as this one does.

I've emailed the developer (as I do every time this crops up) again...

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

Atmosphere 1.5 is here! 1.5, the largest update in Atmosphere's history, continues the tradition of inspirational innovation that has allowed us to dominate the charts since release. Not only does it include 23 cutting-edge new features, but it is also a major paradigm-shift from a paid app to a free application. Additionally, AeroRadar, our radar app for professional forecasters, has been seamlessly integrated into Atmosphere. I am extremely excited and cannot wait to bring this app back to what it was before - one of the most heavily used, popular weather apps on the platform.

For more information, please visit the Windows Phone Store:
https://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/atmosphere/32a24bbe-9a6e-4f65-af56-3e5b977a2aec

A full press release including a changelog is available on Appfinity - App Design Development, my website!

The thread itself will be updated within the hour.

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: [Update 1.5 is here!] [Free!] Atmosphere Weather - Official Thread

EDIT 2: Solved the problem. Your profile location, Mumbai, is not loading properly on my device. I'll mess with the code later tonight and see if I can figure out the reason why this is happening.

Last edited:

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site

EDIT 2: Solved the problem. Your profile location, Mumbai, is not loading properly on my device. I'll mess with the code later tonight and see if I can figure out the reason why this is happening.

Thanks Kevin. Let me know when to give it another try :)

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

I have the same problem. Tried to reinstall the app, turn off location and then enter it manually, but no luck.

Once again, this issue is entirely location-based. I know, and can replicate, the problem. That's half the solution right there. Should be fixed by tomorrow.

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

An update has been submitted fixing the issues with specific locations not loading. Once Microsoft certifies it, those who are having this issue will have a working app again.

(In case anyone was wondering why the app broke for half of the world, it's because ints don't support decimal values. View github for more information)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12