[FREE] [APP] Easy List

Jared Crookston

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I just posted my first WP8 app: Easy List. It's absolutely free, and there are no ads.

It's a clean design that lets you make and share your lists quickly and easily. There were a bunch of other list apps out there, but it seemed like a lot of them got complicated and harder to use in an effort to add features, or they were extremely basic and lacking in visual polish. I tried to find a middle path that felt right to me, and I hope you guys will like it too.

Right now it basically lets you create any number of lists, and pin those lists to your start page. It's got the basic autocomplete going for items in your lists, and you can press and hold to rename lists, edit items, delete lists or items, etc. If you pin a list to your start page, you'll get a live tile that will update with the number of items you have left unchecked (with a little more info if you use a wide tile). You can also email or text your lists to people. It doesn't let you categorize items in a single list, it doesn't let you set deadlines, or generate lists for you by learning how often you put items on your list, or any of that jazz. It doesn't do a ton but it does it really well I think.

I would love any feedback about the app- hopefully it is just the list app some of you have been waiting for.

Future plans: I'm starting work on an 8.1 specific version that will integrate with Cortana so that you can dictate your lists without needing to use specific commands or a limited list of items. Also considering a "pro" version that will use an Azure backend, with the ability of inviting other users to have access to modify and view lists. Put it off for now as I think the list-sending feature gets you 75% of the way there, and I think I'd need to make a windows 8 app/android app/apple app/website to make it worth it...

Thanks for taking a look!

Jared Crookston

May 29, 2014
Visit site
So I'm trying to think of a good way to solicit feedback within the app. Should I just do the little message box thing that drops down after 5, and 10 times? Or since it's a List App, what if, after 5 runs, it added a new list with one item that said "Review this App!" or something like that?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea