[APP] SkyType BETA

olirehacek

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
First of all, I am sorry about my English..It's not my Native language and I Am still in process of learning it :)

store_icon.png

I Would like to show you my new project called SkyType (BETA):
Use any other device with a keyboard and web browser in your local network to type on your phone. No need to create any accounts and send text to unknown remote servers. You don’t even need to have internet connection, your phone acts as a local server with intuitive web interface !

IMPORTANT - READ PLEASE
Please keep in mind that SkyType is still in early BETA and in ACTIVE development . I Am a student and this is my first WP app project. Instead of posting negative comments on store when something is not working properly, use a in-app “feedback" button and write me a message (In English or Czech). I will reply You as soon as possible and get things fixed right away. Thanks and enjoy SkyType ! Every feedback or message is appreciated :).

-----------------------------
-Send SMS Messages (With contact listing right in your browser) with up to 3000 characters.
-Send message via 3rd party chat apps like WhatsApp.
-Send e-mails.
-Perform calls to a number or contact.
-Copy text to your phone clipboard.
-Copy text from your phone to other device.
-Send complex URLs / searches to your phone native web browser.
-Perform Bing Map and Windows Store searches.
-Perform searches in other 3rd party apps like Spotify, MetroTube….and many many others to come in next updates.
-Update your status on social networks, share text to OneNote or any other app

Cloud connection : Paste your notes in .txt format to your OneDrive with one tap !
Share/Upload your phone clipboard, or other text to OneDrive using SkyType QuickPaste.

…all using a full size keyboard of your PC, laptop or tablet,Kindle or any other device with internet browser you like to type on.

SkyType web interface is designed to work only with plain HTML+JS and read necessary data using URLs - so even your old and vintage devices work like a charm. (I tested it on IE 5 on Windows 98SE and in my good ol' HTC TyTn with QWERTY..no problems)

wp_ss_20140609_0002.png
wp_ss_20140609_0003.png

Please check it out here and give me some feedback:
Free and Ad Free! ("Buy” ONLY if You want to support development . “TRY” version is the same) My humble thanks for every donations!
Code:
http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/skytype-beta/c1827702-ec3d-49c7-bdec-3f7f1356d62f?signin=true

Last edited:

olirehacek

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
First changes to be implemented in next update (probably next week):
- New background to better fit Windows Phone look (single color)
- Improved stability
- Implementation of password/login (using md5 hashing)

WP8_Lover

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
I am no developer. So, excuse me for being a noob.

Since you are at it, is it possible to transfer files wirelessly offline?

olirehacek

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I am no developer. So, excuse me for being a noob.

Since you are at it, is it possible to transfer files wirelessly offline?

That's probably not possible since apps have full access only to a IsolatedStorage (Files that are "inside" the app). But we will see in the future :)

olirehacek

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
10489663_10202435491474507_5647061083151657411_n.jpg

Just a screenshot from upcoming Beta 2 version.
* New web server code
* Password implementation
* Improved stability
* More 3rd party apps support
And lot more...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234