09-06-2014 09:25 PM
32 12
tools
    Hi guys,

I've just released my first version of Cryptic on the windows phone store. Cryptic is a Secret.ly client for windows phone. I'm releasing a beta version which has basic functionality including viewing your stream and posting message, with additional functionality on the way.

You can check it out on the windows phone store here.

I'll also be posting app updates on my twitter @Pwntastic

Thanks!

Updates:

[0.2.0.0]
    Increased performance of initial stream reload.
    Fixed crash on load.
    Temporarily disabled posting new secrets (sorry.)
    Known issue: notifications open empty.
    Known issue: personally liked comments do not appear to persist.

[0.1.11.0]
    Fixed post images sometimes uploading incorrectly.
    Fixed comment/like counts on notifications.

[0.1.10.0]
    Fixed login issue

[0.1.9.0]
    Contacts now sync with your Secret.ly account

[0.1.8.0]
    Added notification stream
    Fixed a minor issue with posting messages with white backgrounds
    Last edited by Pwntastic; 07-30-2014 at 04:16 AM. Reason: [0.2.0.0] update
    ShreyansShah likes this.
    06-14-2014 03:16 AM
    Hi, Pwntastic!

It's fantastic! But could you make this app is available at Russian app store, please? I guess, no less than 10 billion of russian users is awaiting the Cryptic app :)

Thank you.
    06-17-2014 09:25 AM
    i am completely unaware about secret.ly
    i don't know, and i never tried.
    lets see. i will try ur app, when it will be available in Indian Store.

thanks anyway for developing and contributing to WP.
    06-17-2014 09:50 AM
    Yeah sure. I'll move it to be available in all regions. I guess there's no real reason not to :)
    ShreyansShah and NikolaRus like this.
    06-17-2014 11:10 AM
    Can the app in its current stage generate the friend feed from contacts? I'm new to secret and after registration I've got an empty Friends page (well, it can be that its too few of my contacts are on Secret). Or - if the app already can generate the friend list - it will be really great if it will provide some sort of feedback in case nobody from a person's contact in on secret or there are too few of them to generate the friend feed
    06-22-2014 05:55 PM
    Right now, it doesn't grab your contacts, sorry. I'm working on it and hope to have that out in the next week or so here
    06-22-2014 07:18 PM
    Right now, it doesn't grab your contacts, sorry. I'm working on it and hope to have that out in the next week or so here
    There is nothing to apologise at this stage, thank you for the clarification and for actually making the app! BTW, it there paypal or whatever so I can buy you a bottle of beer?
    06-22-2014 07:25 PM
    I'm flattered :)

I don't want to break any forum rules or anything but if you wanted to donate, here's a paypal link that I've shortened with bit.ly: https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/we...45f62871326a5e

My tentative todo list includes a few crashes that I'm aware of and then photo upload and friends/contacts.
    06-22-2014 08:08 PM
    Still waiting for the localized Russian version..(( is there any way to get the app on Nokia now?
    06-26-2014 11:23 AM
    Still waiting for the localized Russian version..(( is there any way to get the app on Nokia now?
    If by Nokia you mean one of the WP8 devices, than you can update to WP8.1 developer preview (there are plenty of instructions in Russian on the web). Btw, I would agree, that Russian translation will boost the popularity of the app, because the app is extremely popular in Russia (I will be happy to help with translation). I don't feel the need in the localized app, despite being a Russian speaker, but there are plenty of interested people somewhere.
    06-26-2014 02:53 PM
    As stetzen says, the app is available on WP8.1 only. Hopefully WP8.1 will start rolling out soon, but either way I'm still working on adding new features.

If you guys want to do Russian translations, I'd be all for that, since I don't actually know any Russian myself.
    06-26-2014 04:59 PM
    As stetzen says, the app is available on WP8.1 only. Hopefully WP8.1 will start rolling out soon, but either way I'm still working on adding new features.

If you guys want to do Russian translations, I'd be all for that, since I don't actually know any Russian myself.
    ​I'll be happy to translate it, if you will give a text file (or whatever, I have never translated the WP apps)
    06-27-2014 09:19 AM
    Great app. I saw a couple of issues.
    1. Posts made from Cryptic default white background don't show up on my Android tablet.
    2. Notifications aren't working.
    06-28-2014 05:38 PM
    HI AndyA5,

I haven't implemented notifications just yet, but I'm fully planning on supporting that once I get to it :)

Also, I'm not sure why your posts aren't showing up on the android version. I have an android tablet as well as a few windows phone devices that I test with, and my posts appear to show up appropriately on all devices. One thing to note is that Secret appear to choose what appears in your stream based on some unknown metrics. For instance, if you refresh your stream a few times, you'll notice that you'll be given some new-to-you posts that may be days old or brand new, just because you refreshed a few times.

But I'll certainly look into this. Thanks for your feedback!
    06-30-2014 03:52 PM
    Hey guys,

I just posted an update to the app that includes contact syncing and actual implementation of the notification stream. You should start seeing notifications in the notifications list now (who would've thought) and hopefully you'll start seeing some friends and friends of friends posts in the friends tab.

As far as translations go, I'm not really sure of a good place to host a translation file. I guess I can try posting it inline here.

-- SNIP --

That looks kinda gross, but I'll work on figuring out a better way.

Anyway, if you guys want to take a stab at translating, just replace out the text inside the <value> tags with the translations and I'll pop those into the app.

thanks!

edit: just pm me if you want to help with translation
    Last edited by Pwntastic; 07-20-2014 at 06:50 PM.
    07-01-2014 03:24 AM
    Pwntastic, the app is great. I have some trouble syncing the contacts on my Lumia 920 though. The friends feed is blank.

I've sent you an email via "Problem Report". Hope you can solve that in future releases. Thanks.
    07-07-2014 02:24 AM
    Hi Dmitry,

Thanks for your feedback!

I've received your problem report and will definitely look into it
    07-07-2014 07:31 PM
    Pwntastic, the app is great. I have some trouble syncing the contacts on my Lumia 920 though. The friends feed is blank.
    Yep, same for me on the 925.

This is a great start anyways though! I've really wanted to use Secret and was debating leaving the platform on my next handset refresh because of it. Now I may not have to :)

Threw a few bucks your way out of appreciation, Pwntastic!
    07-18-2014 02:24 PM
    Hey, thanks! I really appreciate it :)

I'm still working on updates and fixes, but I've been a bit busy with other projects the last few days.

The contacts issue is on the top of my list.
    07-18-2014 05:30 PM
    I've shifted to Lumia 930 recently. And the app fails to connect on it. I get "Internal Server Error" after I enter the login/pass and press "Login".
    07-20-2014 07:51 AM
    Ah crap. Sorry guys, it looks like secret.ly have changed something about their login. I can't login now either. Of you're already logged in, you'll still get posts, but if you log out, you won't be able to log back in. I'll work on getting a fix out for tomorrow morning.

edit:

I've released an update that should fix the login issues. Apparently, Secret.ly added a new required header to their login api that I wasn't aware of.

Let me know if you still have problems
    Last edited by Pwntastic; 07-20-2014 at 06:52 PM.
    07-20-2014 02:44 PM
    Hey guys, I'm aware of an issue right now where the app fails to load and seems to be crashing. I'm working on it right now.

Thanks
    07-28-2014 08:44 PM
    Alright guys,

It's 2am here, but I think I have a mostly working fix. Secret.ly changed up their api's a ton and everything stopped working.

But I have the stream loading again.

I had to disable posting new secrets, which I feel really bad about. But after two days, I wanted to at least push out an update with the app in a usable state, so here it is.

[0.2.0.0]
    Increased performance of initial stream reload.
    Fixed crash on load.
    Temporarily disabled posting new secrets (sorry.)
    Known issue: notifications open empty.
    Known issue: personally liked comments do not appear to persist.
    UchilHasmit likes this.
    07-30-2014 04:13 AM
    Thanks for the update. Are you going to resolve the contacts issue in the next release?
    08-05-2014 10:07 AM
    Hi Dmitry,

The contacts sync is my next priority :)

I thought I had it working but I have to add another encryption step that was missed earlier, so that's top of my todo list
    08-05-2014 11:09 AM
32 12