Translucent tile app in works. What apps do you want?

mylumia928

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
So I've got a crazy idea.

Could it be possible to make the translucent shortcut tiles work as live tiles for some apps by using APIs? I think it would be sort of like making each of those apps (like Twitter, Facebook, etc.) a client app where people sign in to your app, but having the translucent tile open up the official app.

In theory, that would be possible, but that would be like making a new Facebook app, twitter app, etc. Also, you'd still have notifications from the app, for which you are pinning shortcuts to the start screen.

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
In theory, that would be possible, but that would be like making a new Facebook app, twitter app, etc. Also, you'd still have notifications from the app, for which you are pinning shortcuts to the start screen.

The notifications are why I'm fine with shortcut apps not being able to have live tiles. I was just wondering because I remembered that in some later update, interactive live tiles will be introduced, which would probably cause a lot of people to use an app's actual tile instead of a shortcut.

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
Could you add blank colored translucent tiles? I was thinking you could do what a lot of apps already do by having blank tiles, except use translucent colors from the list of WP accent colors.

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm not quite sure what you mean :/

Something like this:
View attachment 74144
Except using the colors available from the choices of accent colors for windows phone, instead of the random hexadecimal colors I used.

Sorry this took so long to get back to, I was having internet problems due to time warner cable.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140730_0001.jpg
    wp_ss_20140730_0001.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 5

mylumia928

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Finishing up the update. Will release it tomorrow. After that, expect an update by the end of the week (blank translucent tiles, as sd173 suggested).

mylumia928

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Pushed out the update
- magnify news
- Groupon
- BBM
- No message when going to app in free mode

Please let me know of any bugs when you get it!

Thanks for the great support,
Nikolay

mylumia928

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Still finishing the update. I have a lot of stuff going on, so expect it on the weekend.
Further updates will come as often as possible, but with high school being what it is, I can't promise any certain schedule. I do however promise to keep the app updated as often as possible.

Thanks as always for all the support,
Nikolay

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, if any of you want to show further support for the app, feel free to donate (any amount you wish) if you want to my PayPal (nbykov08@hotmail.com), I am trying to save up for a full paid version of VS 2013 and am close (parents chipped in a bit and work is paying off). If you do not want to, of course that's okay and all the support that I've received on the forums is amazing on its own. Thanks again to all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte