VoiceWake 2.0 Update beta testing

LaikaGlove

May 11, 2014
Visit site
So for those of you that purchased the full version of VoiceWake , I've just released an update that implements PC status indicator icons, shutdown, restart, and hibernate functionality!

These features require the installation of a companion application on the target PC, which you can download here. I've only tested the companion app on windows 8 64-bit for now, so I'd like some feedback from those of you running older versions of windows to make sure it's working properly. Please post your operating system and whether or not it is working as intended.

Those of you that only have the free version can still benefit from the companion application, since it displays information about your PC that VoiceWake requires as well as offers router configuration advice based on your PC information. NOTE: NONE of this information is stored/saved/transferred in any way.

Also, free version users will also receive an update that implements PC status indicator icons so you can see whether or not your PC has turned on!

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

LaikaGlove

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Yes, thank you, I don't know how to activate this feature on my Windows PC
If you're talking about Wake On LAN, you just need to access your PC's BIOS settings and enable the Wake On LAN/Power On By PCIe setting. For more information see the FAQs page.

Someone else created a tutorial here when I first released the app.

If you want to shutdown, restart, and hibernate your PC, you must install the desktop companion app as mentioned in the original post.

Moon449

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I tried using the PC application on my Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit PC and it just crashes as soon as it opens with the "VoiceWakeServer has stopped working" error.

LaikaGlove

May 11, 2014
Visit site
I tried using the PC application on my Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit PC and it just crashes as soon as it opens with the "VoiceWakeServer has stopped working" error.
A few questions, do you have a version of .Net Framework installed, if so which version? (you can check this if you go to uninstall a program in the control panel). If you don't, you can download it here.

If you do have .NET framework installed, it must be something else. Please go to "Control Panel->System and Security->Administrative Tools->View event logs". Click on "Windows Logs->Application" and look for an Entry with the source "VoiceWake" and paste a screenshot here of the results. I'll try to have an update here later tonight if we can figure out the issue.

LaikaGlove

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Thank you, unfortunately I have to work today so I cannot fix the issue until tonight. I will post back as soon as it is patched, I apologize for any inconvenience.

Moon449

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Thank you, unfortunately I have to work today so I cannot fix the issue until tonight. I will post back as soon as it is patched, I apologize for any inconvenience.

No worries, just wanted to make sure you knew about the problem :)

EDIT: Also found these information logs relating to it, not sure if you want them or not but i'll post them anyway.

voicewake3.jpg

voicewake4.jpg

Last edited:

LaikaGlove

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Moon, I pm'ed you a new installer. Please give it a try and get back to me. Has anyone else been experiencing the same problem with the desktop application?

Also, some users are complaining that the update broke the wake functionality that worked before, the problem is I haven't changed any of that code. If anyone is having this issue please Contact me at http://www.voicewakeapp.com/connect.html so we can figure out the issue.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon