[WP8.1] Live Tile Clock *DIY*

Melon Metro

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Appx - WP8.1 Only, Animation in app, Update every minute on tile, 100% Free and No Ads. [STORE LINK]
Live Clock for Windows Phone 8.1 (Blue). Totally Customizable.
You can custom every part of the clock. You can even draw your own clock (settings mode) with lots of amazing brushes. And there are 60+ online styles for you to choose, all free!
Support live tile (need "pin to start"), will update every minute on the Start Screen.
Start Screen:
ss5x_????.jpg
Windows Phone Store Link:
[url=http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/clock-wp8-1/8c881f8a-d406-4375-8b9d-e9c1241a04f4]Clock WP8.1 | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

P.S. Digital Clock feature will come soon ( will same to Win8 version called CLOCK TILE DIY+Screenshot.284933.100000.jpg )

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140623_0006_????_????.jpg
    wp_ss_20140623_0006_????_????.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 276
  • ???-2_????.jpg
    ???-2_????.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 276
  • ss0_????.jpg
    ss0_????.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 218
  • ss2_????.jpg
    ss2_????.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 212
  • wp_ss_20140623_0004_????_????.jpg
    wp_ss_20140623_0004_????_????.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Custom Tile Clock for WP8.1 (Free, No Ads)

Sweet.. Been waiting for something like that. Even though there are already quite a couple of clock apps available, there hasn't been any so far of which I liked the live tile too much. Thanks a lot, will give it a try. :)

Melon Metro

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: Custom Tile Clock for WP8.1 (Free, No Ads)

Sweet.. Been waiting for something like that. Even though there are already quite a couple of clock apps available, there hasn't been any so far of which I liked the live tile too much. Thanks a lot, will give it a try. :)

If you have win8 device, you can try the win8 version. The WP version will have all the functions later. I need to modify some UI.
Any other functions do you like, just write here.
Thanks.

Melon Metro

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: [WP8.1 App] Custom Tile Clock (Free, No Ads)

Today's Update:
1 Save & Load your custom clock.
2 Can add your photo background to the clock.

debrgos

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site

Update 2:
- Can set transparent (alpha) tile background now.
- Fix memory leak.
The app is highly customisable and I gave it a 5star rating and a spellbound review.But after keeping the phone in lockscreen mode for 10 minutes,I found the clock tile had become blank and a notice was in it:LOADING,SYSTEM LIMITATION etc.I reset the tile and tested the same process again.The same thing happened.Finally I re-reviewed the app and uninstalled the app.Has the bug been removed yet?

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site

Good idea but the design is absolute awful in m opinion try to follow the Windows Phone Design guide.

Melon Metro

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site

The app is highly customisable and I gave it a 5star rating and a spellbound review.But after keeping the phone in lockscreen mode for 10 minutes,I found the clock tile had become blank and a notice was in it:LOADING,SYSTEM LIMITATION etc.I reset the tile and tested the same process again.The same thing happened.Finally I re-reviewed the app and uninstalled the app.Has the bug been removed yet?
What's your WP device, and memory size?
It works very well on my lumia 820. It may not work well on 512M device.

Melon Metro

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site

Good idea but the design is absolute awful in m opinion try to follow the Windows Phone Design guide.
It is developed with pure Direct3D, not based on XAML framework. XAML can not cross platform. I need my apps to run on Win32 Desktop ,Windows Store,WP, and later Android, iOS, Linux... without re-coding.
Yes, I will improve the UI to fit mobile devices.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Thanks. I'm giving this a try. I like a nice watch face and the customization aspects of this app look like I can "dial" in something to class up my start screen.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Didn't take me long to put something together... Nicely intuitive UI.

wp_ss_20140627_0001.png

​My 5 Star review should hit the store soon. Well Done and Congrats.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site

I gave it a try on my icon, but after awhile it would revert back to the default clock face. I had some trouble figuring out all the details of putting the clock together, so when it started messing up I just got annoyed and uninstalled. Nice idea tho and I rated five stars anyway. Looks like it has potential just to much work to set up then have I revert back.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I gave it a try on my icon, but after awhile it would revert back to the default clock face. I had some trouble figuring out all the details of putting the clock together, so when it started messing up I just got annoyed and uninstalled. Nice idea tho and I rated five stars anyway. Looks like it has potential just to much work to set up then have I revert back.

Did you save your clock face? (I'm saving mine in Saved Pictures folder.) That lets you re-up a design quickly.

Did you tap on build tile?

​No issues on my 925 with the face reverting and it's been 4 + hours...

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site

Did you save your clock face? (I'm saving mine in Saved Pictures folder.) That lets you re-up a design quickly.

Did you tap on build tile?

​No issues on my 925 with the face reverting and it's been 4 + hours...
Yeah, I did all that. I just want it to get set and be able to leave it alone. Even having it saved requires me to have to open the app each time and retrieve the saved faces. Guess I'm looking for trouble free.

Melon Metro

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site

Yeah, I did all that. I just want it to get set and be able to leave it alone. Even having it saved requires me to have to open the app each time and retrieve the saved faces. Guess I'm looking for trouble free.
Are you runing many background apps? Try a simple clock, like "roma" in local sample list.
And it will be auto saved when building. Save is only for backup.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site

Are you runing many background apps? Try a simple clock, like "roma" in local sample list.
And it will be auto saved when building. Save is only for backup.
Not running much background apps. Icon has 2gig RAM anyway which should be adequate I should think. I've reinstalled the app and set a new clock tile. So far it's working ok. Maybe a reinstall made the diff. I'll repost if it fails again.
edit: now it says "generating new tiles please wait" where the clock tile was. Wtf? Ok. After a few minutes it came back on. How often does this happen?

Last edited:

Melon Metro

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site

Not running much background apps. Icon has 2gig RAM anyway which should be adequate I should think. I've reinstalled the app and set a new clock tile. So far it's working ok. Maybe a reinstall made the diff. I'll repost if it fails again.
edit: now it says "generating new tiles please wait" where the clock tile was. Wtf? Ok. After a few minutes it came back on. How often does this happen?
I've just fixed a background task crash bug. Try it (ver 3.2.1.14) later when it is updated.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site

Updated it maybe an hour ago and it's gone into generating new tiles mode. Might be hung there as its been doing it for awhile. If it clears up, fine. If it does it again I'm going to remove the app and wait for more updates. I appreciate your efforts and realize this is beta, just don't want an off and on black hole in my screen while its often updating.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb