Tubecast : a complete Youtube client compatible with Chromecast and DLNA (UPnP)

Poppyto

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Today, we add an exclusive feature to Tubecast 2.5 !

Now Tubecast displays the SUBTITLES of YouTube videos while watching the videos, and it's absolutely awesome :) ! Have a look (Subtitles also show on DLNA compatibles devices and Chromecast) !

Subtitles.png

You can download Tubecast here
Thank for your support :)

Here the log file of 2.5 :

- Exclusive feature : Subtitles + Translations :
- works on phone (always displayed, even if you use a non subtitle capable cast device)
- works with DLNA devices compatible with subtitles (Samsung SmartTV)
- works with Chromecast but only in the video original subtitle - no translation on screen, by feature for the moment.
- doesn't work with AirPlay
- Bug fix (Smart TV LG..., EZcast...). Please contact the support if you have any problem ("contact" or "report a problem" in the app bar)
- Background download transfer now available for video/audio downloading
- App starting faster
- UI improved & new animations
- Faster scrolling List
- Open Tubecast for the IE Youtube links (go to the "About" page in the app bar)
- Bug fix on video comments
- New language : Russian (thank you Azat from Russia)
- Test cast : Now, you can cast the Tutorial Video without any limit, in order to check your cast device.

olidex9

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Thank you very much for an awesome app. Bought it as soon as I became aware of it. Works wonders with my Apple Tv.

However, I usually stream music to my Airport Express, as my Apple Tv is only hooked up to my tv. Is there any way to add support for Airport Express? It makes sense if you listen to music found on Youtube and don't care about the video.

Daniel Olsen

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Not that long ago I thought for sure windows phone just couldn't be compatible with apple tv and chromecast. I'm really wondering how/why are there not more apps doing innovative stuff like this and taking full advantage of the technology?

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I am having hard luck connecting to chromecast :(
I would definitely buy the app if it was working well.
I connected chromecast to tv, my phone is on same wifi and I waited, waited for chromecast to show up, but it never did :(
am using lumia 1520.
Any workarounds?
Thanks!!!

Poppyto

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Dear Yashwanth,

all people writing they can't see their SmartTV or Chromecast have a problem on their network configuration (router).
It can be :
- disable dual band if any on your router
- allow the chromecast on your router (MAC filter ?)
- reset your router configuration

Tubecast has no problem to recognize Chromecast, but the network you use is filtering the data, that's why I can't help much.

Regards
Stephane

harry2345

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

First of all I want to say I love your app, before I found this I used MetroTube, but this app is way better designed, easier to use! :)
I am developing an app which contains some youtube links, what is the uri scheme to open TubeCast and play the video from a link inside my app?

Thanks in advance,

Han Swinkels

Poppyto

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Dear Harry,

Thank for your support, you will find the documentation of URI schema in the settings of the app ("open in ie" button)

Regards
Stephane

Rohit Awate

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Amazing app! I wasn't a YouTuber but because of this I actually started watching videos! :)
I had one problem. How do I save a preloaded video onto my SD card? Your FAQs say its possible but I found no option within the app to do this. Kindly help! Thank you! Hats off for this amazing app! :)

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
When I'm using Tubecast, I can't go to the next video after the current one ended automatically like myTube nor manually. Technically I can manually but I have to press the back button in the app then go to the next video and hit play 😐. Is this supposed to happen or is something wrong with my app? I recently switched from using myTube to Tubecast and this something that I expected to be there.

Also, usually at night for some reason, the app says I have a network error whenever I try to use any feature of the app except news feed and downloaded videos/audio.

Poppyto

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
We do not handle playlist or queue but it will be done, it's in our roadmap ;)
The error network is fixed since friday, we sent a fix but it will be available in few days (Microsoft have to validate first)

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded Tubecast for Windows yesterday, and preloaded/downloaded a lot of soundtrack videos. I closed the app and then came back to it later to find that all of my downloaded music was gone. I just wanted to get this known in case it wasn't already a known issue.

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded Tubecast for Windows yesterday, and preloaded/downloaded a lot of soundtrack videos. I closed the app and then came back to it later to find that all of my downloaded music was gone. I just wanted to get this known in case it wasn't already a known issue.

This same thing just happened to every one of my preloaded videos on my phone after getting the most recent update. 😒

waqqas31

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Lovely app! I'm just waiting for continuous play of playlists to be implemented, then I will gladly pay for the pro version.

Kovaelin

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
What are the differences between the Pro and non-Pro versions of this app? The descriptions look the same to me, at a glance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit