Tubecast : a complete Youtube client compatible with Chromecast and DLNA (UPnP)

Poppyto

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Hello everybody,

I'd like to introduce my brand new app "Tubecast" for Windows Phone 7 & 8.
It's a complete and elegant Youtube client (you can login with your account), you can also preload the videos.

BUT, the major functionnality is : it works with Chromecast and DLNA UPnP devices (SmartTV).
The integration is full (you can seek or change volume when you cast)

Let see the video presentation here :

You can download Tubecast here.

I hope you'll appreciate :), let me know !

Hemanth sanam

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Hello everybody,

I'd like to introduce my brand new app "Tubecast" for Windows Phone 7 & 8.
It's a complete and elegant Youtube client (you can login with your account), you can also preload the videos.

BUT, the major functionnality is : it works with Chromecast and DLNA UPnP devices (SmartTV).
The integration is full (you can seek or change volume when you cast)

Let see the video presentation here :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSJUMAExTI4

You can download Tubecast here.

I hope you'll appreciate :), let me know !

The only chromecast remote app in windows phone store...it's wonderful...!!Great work!!
Hope u improve the app by adding YouTube sign in,play/pause and volume control option in future updates!!

Darko Mingovski

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
App is excellent but i have a few questions. Streaming works ok a there is no problem with that. I can login to my youtube account but when i want to look at recently played videos or something like that i get network error. Search does work. Here are the SS:

Poppyto

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Thank for your comment Hemanth. By the way, there is already Youtube Sign in (on the main page, the third icon :)), and you can already also play/pause and volume :), maybe you didin't see it (look at the youtube video in my first post)

Poppyto

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
App is excellent but i have a few questions. Streaming works ok a there is no problem with that. I can login to my youtube account but when i want to look at recently played videos or something like that i get network error. Search does work. Here are the SS:

[url]http://www.dodaj.rs/t/1m/LI/3vmjmkkE/wpss201406260001.jpg[/url]

[url]http://www.dodaj.rs/t/29/13T/yxk9ied/wpss201406260002.jpg[/url]

[url]http://www.dodaj.rs/t/1t/KX/2Iqo8bIN/wpss201406260003.jpg[/url]

Dear Darko, sometimes youtube API can fails with no good reason (I guess the official .net API is maybe a little buggy), I will update to the next one and update asap. Maybe you could logout and re login, it mays help ? Let me know :)

Hemanth sanam

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Thank for your comment Hemanth. By the way, there is already Youtube Sign in (on the main page, the third icon :)), and you can already also play/pause and volume :), maybe you didin't see it (look at the youtube video in my first post)

I'm really sorry!!
I got confused between Tubecast and Tube cast...same names u know😏
But yours looks good!

Poppyto

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Since last week, I updated a lot Tubecast to make it better. Darko Mingovski, I found your bug but I can't correct it for now, there is a volatile bug in MS library (...), I need to rewrite a lot of things, it's in my todo list for later :).

Here are the news, enjoy :

★★★★ Version 1.5 (7/2/2014) ★★★★
- Subscriptions newsfeed for logged user
- Xbox One and Xbox support
- DLNA bug fixes for some SmartTV
- Device images in the cast list
- Run Video under lockscreen
- Better CPU performance - hot phone temperature fixed -
- Pin video tile on start screen
- Transparent tile setting (yes/no)
- Bug fixes
- Screen does not lock anymore when casting
- Fullscreen button (specially for 8.1 users who locked the rotation)
- Live tile transparent (only the live tile) for Windows Phone 8.1
- The video keep its spot when you are playing with no cast, leave the app and come back

Update or download here

Darko Mingovski

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
No problem, good thing is that you found what caused the problem. But, with new version, another problem. My TV, Toshiba L4 series, is not being recognised any more, i get only Windows Phone and Windows Phone Audio in options...

Darko Mingovski

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
1.6.8.0, Toshiba L4 series still not recognised. It worked ok in previous versions(1.3 etc). Please fix it, i really want to buy your app but there is no point of buying if i cant use it...
adu5yqy2.png

Fred Osei

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
This a great app.I went n bought it One problem. If I'm watching the video on my TV when I change to another app then it stops playing. Is there an ability to play in the background??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786