I'm writing a faster camera app (with full resolution support) for Lumia 1020...

HyperKid

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
If you like the speed of the built-in camera app and the full resolution support in Nokia camera app, you may want to try this.
Camera 1020 - Photo | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

This app is still in very early beta. I implemented tap-to-shoot and burst mode. No focus indicator and movie mode yet.

Well ill be honest, in opening, speed is way way faster just as you told but there could be done tweaks.
1--The layout aka menu as it's cluttered and not understandable so since its BETA I'll pass the obstacles
2--You could also the add the option for 5 Mpx only and 5+34/38 mpx
depending on aspect ratio
3-- change aspect ratio
4--manual controls

So yeah that's pretty much it but once again, great job on this app and I hope that you do better!

zxli

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I'll keep trying to make it easier to use and add more functions, as long as the speed remains faster. And thanks for your feedback!

ArthJar

May 26, 2013
Visit site
I'll follow this.
It's very fast even on my 520, the only downside is that it doesn't focus properly (or doesn't focus at all) when I take any picture.
Keep going at it, you need to polish this diamond.

zxli

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Did you use tap-to-shoot or clicked the bottom-left icon when taking a picture? The bottom-left icon is to take a picture with infinite focus. I know it has some problem right now.

I'll follow this.
It's very fast even on my 520, the only downside is that it doesn't focus properly (or doesn't focus at all) when I take any picture.
Keep going at it, you need to polish this diamond.

HyperKid

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Did you use tap-to-shoot or clicked the bottom-left icon when taking a picture? The bottom-left icon is to take a picture with infinite focus. I know it has some problem right now.

So that's why my pictures were blurry well risks for the tip...!

kishtyle

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Thank you very much. Your effort is really commendable. I have checked the app and its quite fast and I am sure you will be working on the improvements. I would like to suggest to include some basic features such as
1. preview of photos or link to the photo gallery,
2. some extra settings like on ProShot camera app which has manual settings like on DSLR

Hope others will also have more comments on this and eventually hope you will give us a very fast camera app comparable to the native Nokia camera app.

With Regards
Ravi Kishore

Crasstoe

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Ability to MF and flip the viewfinder on the vertical axis would be awesome! When using a DOF adapter the image is always upside down in the viewfinder, so being able to flip would be a huge win for this app IMO.

zxli

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
MF will definitely be considered in the future release. I implemented "infinite focus" in the current release. But I notice the picture is a little blurred when taking many landscape scenes (where focus could be considered as infinite). So I need some time to understand how MF works at API level and how the pictures look like when using MF.

What do you mean "DOF adapter"?

Ability to MF and flip the viewfinder on the vertical axis would be awesome! When using a DOF adapter the image is always upside down in the viewfinder, so being able to flip would be a huge win for this app IMO.

Luminara

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
It does launch super fast and capture super fast. I'm just curious if it is possible to keep this speed once a ton of manual controls and the over-sampling trick are added.

Roach26

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Installed, open, phone crashed. Still trying it out though. Looks promising and keep up the good work...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills