MusicNow

mzetko

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Hello WPCentral friends,

as the Xbox Music API is now live, I would love to build a Universal Windows music player app MusicNow (working title, subject to change :) ).

As I have seen with FileEx app (thread), the Windows Phone community has so much valuable feedback and incredible ideas that I would never be able to think about myself, so this time I would like to try it a bit differently.

I would love to have your feedback from the very start of the project, dicuss all ideas for features, design and everything else with you. Also, all users that will participate in any way will have early access to test the app from early alpha releases. I think that this way we can create something great!

Semi-Quaver-01.png

Does it sound good? Would you be interested in being part of building the next great listening experience for Windows Phone and Windows?

Let me know :) .

mzetko

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Awesome, jojoe42! Thank you very much!

I just sent the Xbox Developer API registration application, now waiting for the reply :) .

Sree R

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
A good music player is the last thing i need on my wp8.1. Please make sure that it starts without any delay.

mzetko

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Sree R: Thank you very much for joining :) . Startup time will definitely be one of the priorities.
I have just received a confirmation of delivery for the application, but it says that they will have to go through the application later. Hopefully it will not take long.

Before that we can do a little brainstorming - what features would you love to see in the app?

Sree R

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Playlists organizing.
Recently added songs section.
Neat and stylish app interface.
Swipe to change tracks.
Equalizer.
Search songs.
A good album browse ui.
About section with troubleshoot info.

Sent from my RM-846_im_mea3_237 using Tapatalk

mzetko

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for the list Sree R :) !

Only the equalizer could be a little problematic here, because I think Windows Phone has no direct API that can change audio properties of the background audio... I will definitely look into it.

Sree R

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Okay thank you. Maybe you can set a shortcut of the built in equalizer. It would be nice if you add features like, rating songs, favourite and recently played songs sections etc. Good luck 😊..

mzetko

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Thank you all for support :) .

Venkat Sudheer: Thank you very much for such nice words :) .

GohanGautham: Thank you :) ! If I have feedback from all of you from the earliest stages, it will hopefully get very stable :) . We will catch the bugs before they even appear :) .

Sree R: Great :) ! That is surely a possiblity (in case it exposes some link for the launch task) - will do some research and let you know :)

BataBole: I have seen this, looks awesome, I would love to make something like this as visualization, and I hope the Lock Screen APIs will enable developers to do something similar for the lockscreen too, as shown here :) .

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Incorporate artist art please, and please could you try and ape the visuals of the windows 8.1 (computer/surface) app instead of the visuals of the XBM app or the more common album art with controls under it

mzetko

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Hello Kshitiz Arora5, I think I will keep the same model as with FileEx, so the app will be free, but will have a in-app purchase for those who want to support the development and will want to get access to some beta features before they are stable. But all stable features will be available in the free version without any restrictions :) . So yes, free :) .

Hello Ebuka Allison, I also like the Windows 8 version of Xbox Music :) . I'm actually a little surprised that the design of the new Windows Phone app didn't follow Windows 8, but that may come later, it is still in beta :) .
But album art / artist art is definitely an important part of a music collection, so MusicNow will follow that :) .

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Only the equalizer could be a little problematic here, because I think Windows Phone has no direct API that can change audio properties of the background audio... I will definitely look into it.

It would be good, if you could add a shortcut to the audio settings. I don't think that would work for 52x and some 62x.

mzetko

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Hello, SpaceyO, we will see what will the Windows Phone API allow :) .

Hello, hs k, yes, definitely. It really depends on whether there is a "OS link" to the audio settings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb