MusicNow

mzetko

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Nice...I'm all for better music player..

While in the song..having a fast forward and reverse would be very nice..not just a skip track or album.

Checking for all metadata on both the phones storage and on the SD card or having a folder specifically for the app that we can push the songs too maybe?

Thanks again

Hello MDMcAtee, thank you for joining the thread :) .
I would like to have a slider to go through the played song.
Checking for metadata and finding songs on the phone will probably be implemented in the same way the Windows 8 Xbox Music does it. The default music library will be there by default and the user will be able to add additional folders where should the app search for music and data.

mzetko

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Hey mzetko,
I mean the thing in the upper left corner lots of apps right now are using!
View attachment 71111
This button is pure Android style and I really don't know why so many apps start using it..
And something else, gapless playback would be great! :)

You are right, this design is here more and more, I don't know why. Maybe it is also partially influenced by responsive web design, where this icon is almost universally used...

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Hello MDMcAtee, thank you for joining the thread :) .
I would like to have a slider to go through the played song.
Checking for metadata and finding songs on the phone will probably be implemented in the same way the Windows 8 Xbox Music does it. The default music library will be there by default and the user will be able to add additional folders where should the app search for music and data.

Great..looking forward to trying it out..

Would it be possible to have a equalizer for the speakers and have the volume not always reset to a different volume when the app is closed?

Thanks again

rizzo183

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Would love to help with your app man! Good to see you're reaching out for our opinions. Nothing can be better about an app than the dev actually listening and responding. Thanks!

So far i can tell i'd love the following things in a music app:
1. Simple but unique and well designed UI
2. Live tile with last played music art (artist/album)
3. Scrubbing (definitely)
4. One time syncing/ background syncing

Will definitely let you know if i come up with other features you can add. Thanks again man! :smile:

K_Arora5

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I think it would be possible to have the fastest startup time for this app if you try to remove the splash screen all together

Faraaz96

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
A simple, clean and metro interface :)
Fast forward and better album art view
I'd also like to help you in beta testing . :)

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Great approach to learning what the supporters here want the most and why in their music app. I have read extensively thru here and other communities about wp and whatever app was currently available for our phones. Went thru the long learning curve with wp8 and how to get all the appropriate art to display correctly after we had switched from wp7 and Zune. It was a long process and just when it seemed very workable it was yanked out from under us.

Here is a list of what worked (for me)
1. I loved the "Live Tile" with an image of the artist appearing on my start screen. Everyone I showed this to thought it was awesome
2. Even better, with the use of MPATool I was able to select the artist background art that would appear in that tile (and behind the album art). This was almost as much fun as listening to the music. If I am listening to the Rolling Stones from the early 1970"s I don't want artwork of what those guys look like today when they are nearly 80!!
3. Almost all of my music was stored in local files on my phone. This seemed like the area that was causing MS and their customers the most grief. Trying to combine cloud, local and xbox music cache files in one app may be more than any app can seamlessly (or quickly) accomplish.

I look forward to watching your progress and btw would happily pay upwards of 10 bucks for an app that can pull these ideas together

mzetko

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
I think it would be possible to have the fastest startup time for this app if you try to remove the splash screen all together

Unfortunately, that is not possible with the new Windows Runtime XAML apps... The splash screen is a required part of the app package. I can do everything I can to display it for a short amount of time, but can't remove it completely :-( ...

mzetko

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
if the work has been started on this app!!
How LONG will it take to be live!!

Hello Rahul,
well I don't want to give any certain estimates, because the update of my other app FileEx is now also delayed, because I had to work on school exams last month. Now I have much more time, but I would prefer the app to get as good and bug-free as possible before releasing it. But the preview versions will be available for you much sooner, definitely.

mzetko

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
You are right, this design is here more and more, I don't know why. Maybe it is also partially influenced by responsive web design, where this icon is almost universally used...

Volume control is not available to developers via the first party APIs, although there seems to be a "hack" to do that. But that would risk the app being removed from Store...
Equalizer - I did some research on that, but unfortunately it seems that the developers of the system equalizer didn't allow for app link, so there can be no way to open it from this app directly... Hopefully they will allow this later with updates.

mzetko

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
A simple, clean and metro interface :)
Fast forward and better album art view
I'd also like to help you in beta testing . :)

Hi Faraaz96, yes I will make sure the UX gets just right over the development.
Fast forwarding and album art will be there, surely :) .

Anshuman Bhadauria

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Hello WPCentral friends,

as the Xbox Music API is now live, I would love to build a Universal Windows music player app MusicNow (working title, subject to change :) ).

As I have seen with FileEx app (thread), the Windows Phone community has so much valuable feedback and incredible ideas that I would never be able to think about myself, so this time I would like to try it a bit differently.

I would love to have your feedback from the very start of the project, dicuss all ideas for features, design and everything else with you. Also, all users that will participate in any way will have early access to test the app from early alpha releases. I think that this way we can create something great!

Does it sound good? Would you be interested in being part of building the next great listening experience for Windows Phone and Windows?

Let me know :) .

We are with you. 👍

mzetko

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Would love to help with your app man! Good to see you're reaching out for our opinions. Nothing can be better about an app than the dev actually listening and responding. Thanks!

So far i can tell i'd love the following things in a music app:
1. Simple but unique and well designed UI
2. Live tile with last played music art (artist/album)
3. Scrubbing (definitely)
4. One time syncing/ background syncing

Will definitely let you know if i come up with other features you can add. Thanks again man! :smile:

Thank you very much, rizzo183 :) ! Yes, all features you listed are essential, and will definitely make their way to the app!

mzetko

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Great approach to learning what the supporters here want the most and why in their music app. I have read extensively thru here and other communities about wp and whatever app was currently available for our phones. Went thru the long learning curve with wp8 and how to get all the appropriate art to display correctly after we had switched from wp7 and Zune. It was a long process and just when it seemed very workable it was yanked out from under us.

Here is a list of what worked (for me)
1. I loved the "Live Tile" with an image of the artist appearing on my start screen. Everyone I showed this to thought it was awesome
2. Even better, with the use of MPATool I was able to select the artist background art that would appear in that tile (and behind the album art). This was almost as much fun as listening to the music. If I am listening to the Rolling Stones from the early 1970"s I don't want artwork of what those guys look like today when they are nearly 80!!
3. Almost all of my music was stored in local files on my phone. This seemed like the area that was causing MS and their customers the most grief. Trying to combine cloud, local and xbox music cache files in one app may be more than any app can seamlessly (or quickly) accomplish.

I look forward to watching your progress and btw would happily pay upwards of 10 bucks for an app that can pull these ideas together

Hello, fiveaces01,
1. Live tile - definitely :) .
2. I would love to add that too - assigning images to artists and albums when you want to customize. I think that would be a great addition.
3. I think that I havea way that could be reasonably accomplished :) , at least I hope ;-)

anon(6012324)

May 20, 2013
Visit site
This sounds amazing !!
Would be great to finally have a good music player for windows phone!

Would you be able to add DLNA support to the app when playing music?

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Volume control is not available to developers via the first party APIs, although there seems to be a "hack" to do that. But that would risk the app being removed from Store...
Equalizer - I did some research on that, but unfortunately it seems that the developers of the system equalizer didn't allow for app link, so there can be no way to open it from this app directly... Hopefully they will allow this later with updates.

The equalizer app link is possible in Lumia phones. The dev of Pocket File Manager have it in his other app System Tiles. You can ask him for help.

mzetko

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
The equalizer app link is possible in Lumia phones. The dev of Pocket File Manager have it in his other app System Tiles. You can ask him for help.

That is interesting :) . I will try. I have found a thread where the developers from Nokia said it was not possible, so it must have already changed along the way :) .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb