MusicNow

mzetko

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Good luck with the app. If you need beta tester for your app i am ready to test it.
Sent from Lumia 925 India using tapatalk

Hello Aniket, thank you! You will definitely be able to beta test, once some preview is ready :) . Please keep an eye of this thread, I will update it with news :) .

the Graywolf

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I am getting really pumped for this app already. There's been music apps trying to replace Xbox music but none of them really does it. I still find myself going back to that awful app for my music. I hope this is the one I'll be able to ditch Xbox music completely for..

mzetko

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
I am getting really pumped for this app already. There's been music apps trying to replace Xbox music but none of them really does it. I still find myself going back to that awful app for my music. I hope this is the one I'll be able to ditch Xbox music completely for..

Hello, the Graywolf, thank you :) ! I think that utilizing this model of instant feedback from you, friends on WPCentral, we can make the app exactly the right way. Because before it is released nothing stops me from doing major changes according to your feedback and that way it will be great :) .

mzetko

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Hello friends,

few moments ago I have received a response on my Xbox Music API registration, and it is approved :) ! I had to supply some additional details, because the registration requires a company account and signing NDA, but after that the API should be accessible :) !

Thank you all for making this happen, I'm super excited :) !!!

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello friends,

few moments ago I have received a response on my Xbox Music API registration, and it is approved :) ! I had to supply some additional details, because the registration requires a company account and signing NDA, but after that the API should be accessible :) !

Thank you all for making this happen, I'm super excited :) !!!

Congrats bro. I hope soon we will get beta version to test

Emanuel Dolo

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I have couple of suggestions and would like you to give me a feedback on them:

-Name of app to be: Musik, because it sounds more official than MusicNow
-Speed and fluidity to be priority
-Changing music with gestures like in official Xbox Music
-Album art of currently playing music in background of app
-Fast loading
-Minimalism
-Tile dinamicly showing info about currently playing artist/song

UchilHasmit

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
Hey mate... It's excellent that you are looking for our feedback and suggestions from such an early stage.. We'll try our best to help you ! Congrats on getting approval for API ...

UchilHasmit

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site

-Fast loading
-Minimalism
Isn't there already something named musik in the making??

mzetko

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site

-Fast loading
-Minimalism

Hello Emanuel, thank you very much for your suggestions :) .
- Name of the app is far from "set in stone", MusicNow is just the working title :) . Unfortunately, Musik is already taken. Moreover, having "music" in name exactly is better, because it will show up more in Store search results. Speed and fluidity are definitely the priority :)
- Swiping :) .
- Album art on background - I will give the user a choice to select clean background or images, or currently playing
- Fast loading - definitely
- Minimalism - I will keep the app in lines with Windows Phone design guidelines
- Dynamic tile - yes :)

mzetko

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Hello friends,

now signing more documents to get access to the APIs, very complicated process :) .

As the topic was already started - what would you like as the name of the app? Please post your suggestions here, so we can select the name later :) .

Dave Bhullar

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Can you make the app switch the equalizer based on the genre of the current song that's being played if it can recognize the genre? The music hub music store had new songs section for each genre, if you can bring that back that'll be huge for me, makes finding good new music easy. Another thing you can try is provide suggestions and alerts if a user's favorite artist makes a new album/song. I have no idea how hard this would be to implement lol but this is what I think a good music app should be able to do.

mzetko

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Can you make the app switch the equalizer based on the genre of the current song that's being played if it can recognize the genre? The music hub music store had new songs section for each genre, if you can bring that back that'll be huge for me, makes finding good new music easy. Another thing you can try is provide suggestions and alerts if a user's favorite artist makes a new album/song. I have no idea how hard this would be to implement lol but this is what I think a good music app should be able to do.

Hello Dave,

for equalizer, that is not easily possible, unfortunately, because the APIs available by the system are limited and only the system wide equalizer can change these audio settings easily.
Suggestions and alerts - that could be possible, but in that case we would be expanding MusicNow to a kind of social network experience - which is a great point for future improvements, but for the first releases I will probably keep focus on the playback side of things, to make MusicNow the best possible way to play music and then will expand the idea further with social aspect and your great idea :) !

Wp8 lvr

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I think MusicNow is perfect.

MusicX
MusicEx
MusicPlay
MusikX
PlayNow
Zmusik
MusicAlpha , muzik??

keep something common in all ur apps same like Rudy use 6 in all ther apps I.e. 6tin, 6gram, cloud6, 6sec.. so users can remember ur apps easily..

mzetko

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
I think MusicNow is perfect.

MusicX
MusicEx
MusicPlay
MusikX
PlayNow
Zmusik
MusicAlpha , muzik??

keep something common in all ur apps same like Rudy use 6 in all ther apps I.e. 6tin, 6gram, cloud6, 6sec.. so users can remember ur apps easily..

Hello Wp8 lvr,
nice ideas :) ! Certainly, using the same naming scheme for apps is a nice thing, but at the same time, I feel that it takes the fun away from making every app unique a little bit :-D - it is hard to decide :) !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro