MusicNow

the Graywolf

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I understand but ppl can easily focus on you if u adopt same name scheme n find ur apps easily..
final decision is urs..
I agree. Given his unique approach to app development, people would be more inclined to try out his other apps especially if they expect the same approach to development. Brand loyalty and that sort of thing.

Tummala Rahul

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi! I really like that you are making the community a part of the app development right from the start. Coming to the features,
1. Gapless playback
2. Fast app resume.
3. Auto playlists based on artists, date/year added, highest rated, genre, most/least played,etc. Basically like on the Zune pc software.
4. Also make it a universal app and allow to cloud sync the songs between my pc and phone. Show local, other device and cloud songs in different sections, or filter the lists to show only local/other device/cloud/all songs.
5. Screen saver and lock screen with album art collage of all the local albums or the now playing artist.
6. Match id3 tags with Xbox music catalogue, but allow user to edit metadata (don't know if this is possible with existing APIs but still).
Looking forward to the app.. hope you can get it out quickly.

mzetko

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
I agree. Given his unique approach to app development, people would be more inclined to try out his other apps especially if they expect the same approach to development. Brand loyalty and that sort of thing.

Wp8lvr, theGraywolf:
That is true. The name FileEx was meant as files "extended", making more of your files. MusicNow on the other hand as music instantly and immediately. The names reflected the goal of the app.
Unified naming is however great thing. 6apps from Rudy benefit in this way also because it makes them easily accessible in the app list :) .

The app may in the end have to be MusicNow, however, because I'm not sure what are the rules for naming and if Xbox Music API agreement doesn't limit this after it was signed. So we will see :) .

mzetko

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Editing metadata would be great.. Yes..

Yes. I have to think this all through well however, some data will be coming from Xbox Music, some will be local, and in case MixRadio support will be added later, that should be taken into account too.The app's architecture has to be prepared to handle this well.

mzetko

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi! I really like that you are making the community a part of the app development right from the start. Coming to the features,
1. Gapless playback
2. Fast app resume.
3. Auto playlists based on artists, date/year added, highest rated, genre, most/least played,etc. Basically like on the Zune pc software.
4. Also make it a universal app and allow to cloud sync the songs between my pc and phone. Show local, other device and cloud songs in different sections, or filter the lists to show only local/other device/cloud/all songs.
5. Screen saver and lock screen with album art collage of all the local albums or the now playing artist.
6. Match id3 tags with Xbox music catalogue, but allow user to edit metadata (don't know if this is possible with existing APIs but still).
Looking forward to the app.. hope you can get it out quickly.

Hello Tummala,

thank you for the suggestions! Autoplaylists will depend on what Xbox Music will now allow, but it is open to extension later. Cloud sync songs between PC and phone - that might be a little problematic. In case of Xbox Music songs that is not a problem, but I think I will not be able to roam local music across devices because of legal issues. Moving them to other device over cloud would mean that they would have to be temporarily stored on app's Microsoft Azure servers, which would technically be illegal...
Screen saver - definitely, visualization is one of the things I would love to add. Lockscreen support - that depends on whether Microsoft will release the new Lockscreen APIs :) . Right now new Windows Phone 8.1 app can't touch it...
Match ID3 tags - yes, as I mentioned above, that will have to be thought out well :) .

The app will be quite complex, so I can't do any definite time estimates. But I am working on it very actively :) .

mzetko

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
This thread has been quiet for a while now. Any updates?

Hello rizzo183,

so far I was doing some infrastructure for the app, authentication services and also learning from Xbox Music API reference. As there are no other resources at this point, I'm doing it trial and error way :) . Anywas, I will hopefully soon publish a simple test app for you to be able to see how the overall navigation structure of the app will look (the app itself will not be "functional" per se, but you will be able to discuss how the structure "should" look and what should be located where.

Stay tuned :) .

Martin Zikmund

rizzo183

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your response! Hope my post doesn't sound pushy. I don't mean to rush you or anything, just really excited about this app. :)

K_Arora5

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately, that is not possible with the new Windows Runtime XAML apps... The splash screen is a required part of the app package. I can do everything I can to display it for a short amount of time, but can't remove it completely :-( ...

The app named Musik player doesn't have a splash screen and that app starts up really fast

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
When will the app be ready for beta testing. I hope the app comes without advertisement or atleast for low cost

Sent from Lumia 925 India using tapatalk

mzetko

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
The app named Musik player doesn't have a splash screen and that app starts up really fast

Hello, yes, the app doesn't have the splash screen as it uses the "legacy" Silverlight programming model. That has larger memory footprint and uses more resources. MusicNow will be built with the newest APIs that are universal with Windows 8.1, because I think that is the model that will have ongoing support in next releases. The downside is the splash screen, but otherwise should be better performant and will have more advantages going forward.

K_Arora5

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Hello, yes, the app doesn't have the splash screen as it uses the "legacy" Silverlight programming model. That has larger memory footprint and uses more resources. MusicNow will be built with the newest APIs that are universal with Windows 8.1, because I think that is the model that will have ongoing support in next releases. The downside is the splash screen, but otherwise should be better performant and will have more advantages going forward.
Okay thanks

mzetko

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
When will the app be ready for beta testing. I hope the app comes without advertisement or atleast for low cost

Sent from Lumia 925 India using tapatalk

Hello Aniket :) ,
an alpha (I would not call it beta, definitely :-D ) could hopefully be soon available. Yes, it will be most probably be full-featured free with ads, that will be possible to be removed via in-app purchase.

Martin

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte