MusicNow

mzetko

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Hows the development of app?

Mohamed Ashid:
Hello sir,

it is going quite well, although the last week was indeed a little rushed, because I was starting a new job, but the weekend is now better :) .
I will give some more info about the progress very soon :) !

Thank you all for being here :)

Martin Zikmund

mzetko

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Hello friends,

development of MusicNow was a bit delayed for the last five days, because my computer completely crashed and multiple components were destroyed. It was quite horrible actually - I replaced RAMs, but then found out that graphic card was gone too and unfortunately then the power source burnt out too.
But during today, I should finally have the PC functional, so work will be back on track :) .

I have researched more on Xbox Music API and I found out that things like streaming, finding music, artists, etc. are very well included; but what I am missing is a way to directly trigger purchase of new songs and their download. These scenarios have to be always accomplished through the built-in Xbox Music app (although MusicNow is able to "start" the task) and you will be able to play normally via MusicNow after the download is complete. It is a little less convenient, but it is understandable, that there was probably no way to add it to the API directly.

mzetko

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Hello friends,

I have some good news, my development PC is finally working fully again (the replacement hardware arrived late... just my luck).
MusicNow has now fully working background audio task and playing back of DRM enabled music (e.g. Xbox Music purchased and downloaded songs).

Current task is playlist management and overall discovery of user's music collection. I'm trying to make this as versatile as possible - first launch of the app will load the complete collection, but then the app will just always find just differences in the background.

mzetko

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Hello yashshah7197, great, I'm very happy that you joined :) ! Once a beta test version is ready, I will let you all know :) .

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Tried the beta, can't play music because I can't select music, artist option etc. Also the spelling of spotlight is wrong.

mzetko

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,

is there something I don't know? I haven't released any beta yet, even private. The real beta of MusicNow will be public for all of you. Who contacted you? Can you give me some details? It seems to be some kind of "scam".

Martin Zikmund

mzetko

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Hello hs k, where did you get a link to a beta? I didn't release this app, my app has functional music playback and music selection. Also, I know how to spell "spotlight" :) .

mzetko

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, would it be possible for you to render background as the album art like mix radio does?

Yes, I will give many customization options for the looks of the app :) . Backgorund image, now playing image and setting of opactiy and underlying color background :) .

mzetko

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Beta? Can i access it?

Hello Shodan_HR,

very, very soon. I'm doing my best, I will definitely publish the link here :) .
The beta that was sent to some of you is not real and could be malware, please don't install it. Again - it has nothing to do with the real MusicNow.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Crap! I too got the email and link to the beta app. Interestingly, app name was something different, pandora music...or something like that. Uninstalled!
Sent from my Lumia 525 using Tapatalk

mzetko

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Crap! I too got the email and link to the beta app. Interestingly, app name was something different, pandora music...or something like that. Uninstalled!
Sent from my Lumia 525 using Tapatalk

Hello Ashish,

I am very sorry about what is happening. I promise you all that I have nothing to do with this... My real beta very, very close to release, but this situation is quite scary for me. I wll try to find who sent the malicious link and report it.

Sincerely

Martin Zikmund

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa