03-12-2015 04:53 AM
254 123 ...
tools
    Hello WPCentral friends,

as the Xbox Music API is now live, I would love to build a Universal Windows music player app MusicNow (working title, subject to change :-) ).

As I have seen with FileEx app (thread), the Windows Phone community has so much valuable feedback and incredible ideas that I would never be able to think about myself, so this time I would like to try it a bit differently.

I would love to have your feedback from the very start of the project, dicuss all ideas for features, design and everything else with you. Also, all users that will participate in any way will have early access to test the app from early alpha releases. I think that this way we can create something great!

semi-quaver-01.png

Does it sound good? Would you be interested in being part of building the next great listening experience for Windows Phone and Windows?

Let me know :-) .
    07-04-2014 02:34 AM
    Thanks for supporting our platform with a new app. Good luck with your app.
    mzetko likes this.
    07-04-2014 02:44 AM
    Well, it is the best platform, of course :-) !
    07-04-2014 02:45 AM
    Yup I'm keen!!
    mzetko likes this.
    07-04-2014 02:51 AM
    Awesome, jojoe42! Thank you very much!

I just sent the Xbox Developer API registration application, now waiting for the reply :-) .
    07-04-2014 02:57 AM
    A good music player is the last thing i need on my wp8.1. Please make sure that it starts without any delay.
    07-04-2014 03:17 AM
    Sree R: Thank you very much for joining :-) . Startup time will definitely be one of the priorities.
    I have just received a confirmation of delivery for the application, but it says that they will have to go through the application later. Hopefully it will not take long.

Before that we can do a little brainstorming - what features would you love to see in the app?
    07-05-2014 01:59 AM
    Playlists organizing.
    Recently added songs section.
    Neat and stylish app interface.
    Swipe to change tracks.
    Equalizer.
    Search songs.
    A good album browse ui.
    About section with troubleshoot info.

Sent from my RM-846_im_mea3_237 using Tapatalk
    mzetko and ajcletus500 like this.
    07-05-2014 07:13 AM
    Thank you for the list Sree R :-) !

Only the equalizer could be a little problematic here, because I think Windows Phone has no direct API that can change audio properties of the background audio... I will definitely look into it.
    07-05-2014 09:25 AM
    All the best bro...we are waiting for a fully functional music app...we are with you...keep the great work goin...
    mzetko likes this.
    07-05-2014 09:38 AM
    Thank you very much for your support! :) Please make a stable Music player! :)
    Sent from my RM-846_im_india_233 using Tapatalk
    mzetko likes this.
    07-05-2014 10:56 AM
    Okay thank you. Maybe you can set a shortcut of the built in equalizer. It would be nice if you add features like, rating songs, favourite and recently played songs sections etc. Good luck 😊..
    mzetko likes this.
    07-05-2014 11:03 AM
    Nice that you have react so fast. Wish you a good luck in your further progress, and make us some simple, fast and responsible music app.

Maybe something like this would be great to be in app. Or just drop in some cool visualization :) Cheers!
    Rahul Gautam and mzetko like this.
    07-05-2014 11:18 AM
    Thank you all for support :-) .

Venkat Sudheer: Thank you very much for such nice words :-) .

GohanGautham: Thank you :-) ! If I have feedback from all of you from the earliest stages, it will hopefully get very stable :-) . We will catch the bugs before they even appear :-) .

Sree R: Great :-) ! That is surely a possiblity (in case it exposes some link for the launch task) - will do some research and let you know :-)

BataBole: I have seen this, looks awesome, I would love to make something like this as visualization, and I hope the Lock Screen APIs will enable developers to do something similar for the lockscreen too, as shown here :-) .
    BataBole and Venkat Sudheer like this.
    07-05-2014 12:16 PM
    Just wanted to know will your app be free
    mzetko likes this.
    07-05-2014 12:20 PM
    Incorporate artist art please, and please could you try and ape the visuals of the windows 8.1 (computer/surface) app instead of the visuals of the XBM app or the more common album art with controls under it
    mzetko likes this.
    07-05-2014 01:06 PM
    Hello Kshitiz Arora5, I think I will keep the same model as with FileEx, so the app will be free, but will have a in-app purchase for those who want to support the development and will want to get access to some beta features before they are stable. But all stable features will be available in the free version without any restrictions :-) . So yes, free :-) .

Hello Ebuka Allison, I also like the Windows 8 version of Xbox Music :-) . I'm actually a little surprised that the design of the new Windows Phone app didn't follow Windows 8, but that may come later, it is still in beta :-) .
    But album art / artist art is definitely an important part of a music collection, so MusicNow will follow that :-) .
    K_Arora5 likes this.
    07-05-2014 01:39 PM
    Gapless playback, gapless playback, and hmmm.....one more thing....

Gapless playback!
    mzetko and Stefan Holder like this.
    07-05-2014 01:43 PM
    Only the equalizer could be a little problematic here, because I think Windows Phone has no direct API that can change audio properties of the background audio... I will definitely look into it.
    It would be good, if you could add a shortcut to the audio settings. I don't think that would work for 52x and some 62x.
    mzetko likes this.
    07-05-2014 01:49 PM
    Hello, SpaceyO, we will see what will the Windows Phone API allow :-) .

Hello, hs k, yes, definitely. It really depends on whether there is a "OS link" to the audio settings.
    SpaceyO likes this.
    07-05-2014 02:02 PM
    1- we also want clean, simple and attractive design which follows WP Metro design..
    2- also add onedrive music playback..
    3- make music playback in background as well as under lockscreen.
    4- if possible make live tile which includes playback artist/album image in background, three keys(previous, play/pause, next) and no
    07-06-2014 03:42 AM
    1- we also want clean, simple and attractive design which follows WP Metro design..
    2- also add onedrive music playback..
    3- make music playback in background as well as under lockscreen.
    4- if possible make live tile which includes playback artist/album image in background, three keys(previous, play/pause, next) and now playing track and next track info...
    5- add categories like now playing, recently added, all songs, albums, artists n more..
    6- if possible add now playing track n 3 keys in action center.
    7- allow to create playlist and add multiple songs in single attempt anytime..
    8- keep detection of unknown artists tracks by tracks name not by any unknown code like xbox music app..
    9- also add sections like local, cloud and xbox music purchase.
    10- add option to change track by swipe left n right.

also one more question,
    Can you make any all format video player app which is free of cost..???
    really need such kind of player like moliplayer
    07-06-2014 04:00 AM
    I want to be a part too. Really fed up with the slow Xbox Music. I like what @Wp8 lvr said abt video player like moliplayer. Just hope u keep it free. :) If u can incoportae all the feature people have mentioned above, it will be the coolest app. Best of Luck. Cant Wait
    mzetko likes this.
    07-06-2014 04:18 AM
    Currently the font size of headers and titles in the playlist and other sections is too large in Xbox music because of which it can accommodate only 4-5 songs on the screen and this is on the lumia 720.
    mzetko likes this.
    07-06-2014 04:20 AM
    Cool! :) Looking forward to the app! But please make the app without an Android style burger button!! I hate this thing. It has nothing to do with WP design guidelines.
    mzetko likes this.
    07-06-2014 04:23 AM
254 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD